Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Rob, can't imagine that there's many Octy vRS's in NZ, especially the MK1.

Hell, they were even excited to see one in huddersfield! :rofl:

There are a few around Wellington - 3 other Mk1 vRS that I've seen - 2 red and one black. None modified though.

The last time I saw one of the red ones it was in a bit of a sorry state with scrapes on its bumpers and generally looking shabby :(

When I asked Skoda NZ a while back they told me they sold about 800 Mk1 Octavias and Fabias in total in NZ

Out of something over 2 million cars on the roads here :)

Did they ever sell the MK1 vRS in NZ? Or are they all imported?

Yes they did. A company called EMD - European Motor Distribution - imports Skoda, (and I think VW and Audi) and distributes to the dealer networks here.

They brought in a test batch of Seats a while ago but decided to use Skoda as the "budget" VAG brand instead.

I'm in NZ (in Auckland) and have a Mk1 vRS. Its black and has some modifications. Previous owner did the mods - it's got a downpipe/rest of exhaust, FPR, air filter and Revo. As it's wife and child transport I have left the boost turned down (the revo is the one with a switchable level).

I must investigate the coil pack recall - I thought I felt a misfire after cold start for the first time last week (went away quickly though). Free coils would be very nice.

Right i am going to phone my local dealer about this today.

I have the reference number written down, i t ake it they have to carry the work out for nothing? (If my car is aplicable) knowing my luck they will end up chargeing me for it.

mmm, should I put the ones I had in before and give white dove a call?

Sods law Ive just put the new D ones in mine.

WHITE DOVE= might not bother! dont like them down there, same goes for Griffin Mill

Right i am going to phone my local dealer about this today.

I have the reference number written down, i t ake it they have to carry the work out for nothing? (If my car is aplicable) knowing my luck they will end up chargeing me for it.

Yes FOC, you will not pay for anything if you have the effected coilpacks.

Well I went this morning to have mine done,Got on motorway and I lost power? stooped and scanned car cylinder 3 down???? So I putted to the dealer I went and booked in then went out to investigate the car it turned out to be the coil??? HOW IRONIC? so I then went in to ask something and they pulled me and said they forgot to order the coils in!! Just fookin great and they had none in....so I had to call wifey to go to audi and get one...NOT IMPRESSED she paid £39.94 there skoda was £35 all in???? robbing scum bags.. So now coils can't be done till next week.Also the dealer said they would only replace 3 as I bought one,WTF I went ape on them and theve have said they will do all 4 now...AND people wonder why I never take my car anywhere as if you want things done do it yourself.....

Well I went this morning to have mine done,Got on motorway and I lost power? stooped and scanned car cylinder 3 down???? So I putted to the dealer I went and booked in then went out to investigate the car it turned out to be the coil??? HOW IRONIC? so I then went in to ask something and they pulled me and said they forgot to order the coils in!! Just fookin great and they had none in....so I had to call wifey to go to audi and get one...NOT IMPRESSED she paid £39.94 there skoda was £35 all in???? robbing scum bags.. So now coils can't be done till next week.Also the dealer said they would only replace 3 as I bought one,WTF I went ape on them and theve have said they will do all 4 now...AND people wonder why I never take my car anywhere as if you want things done do it yourself.....

Hey matt, don't come down near me matey i think you are jinxed.

All you need now is for them to wipe your map off when doing the coil packs.... :giggle:

We will tune in next week for your next installment..

They say things come in 3's so maybe that's you done now...

Hey matt, don't come down near me matey i think you are jinxed.

All you need now is for them to wipe your map off when doing the coil packs.... :giggle:

We will tune in next weel for your next installment..

They say things come in 3's so maybe that's you done now...

Oh it has come in 3,s First turbo then valve stem oil seals,then coils,Car is 4sale i am sick of it now....Buying a new audi (another)

Hows things with you Mark.I have tried to call ya a few times no answer...

Phoned Arnold Shark Skoda (Edinburgh) twice,can't even return my call. Phoned Chathams,very nice on phone, I've to pop in tomorrow so they can confirm what coils I have fitted,and order new ones. :thumbup:

Phoned up local dealer and they booked me in to look and get them done on the 9th May told me it will take about 30 minutes (about the same length of time that I was on the phone to them :dull: )

02 plated RS