Rear Badge Issues

I don't know if anyone else has had any issues with the back badge suffering from what looks like water ingress, but mine is going white at the edges & looks pretty tatty for a 1 year old car. The car has never been Jet washed..I'm a hose and 2 bucket man. :)

Do people think I should get the badge changed under warrenty or am I being too fussy?

Has anybody else had this problem?

For the record our old Golf used to suffer this problem on the wheel bages...but worse as the white damage would run over the front of the badge, not just the edges...I probably bought about 4 or 5 wheel badges in 3 years...I wonder if it's a VW Group weakness? :wonder:

I think you should get it changed under warranty.

Not unreasonable at all.

Skoda should be mindfull of what people might think: "If the badge is that bad, what's the rest of the car going to be like ?"

Alternatively, you could take this opportunity to replace the badge with something a bit more custom, as made available by a recent group buy.

Big yellow smiley face !

Warranty. It's what it's there for.

+1

Also, it's how vag will learn that there's an issue and (hopefully) do something about it..

It would be nice to think so, but I imagine it would be very doubtful ..... this has been going on for many years with VW's, & Skoda's it's cheaper for VAG to change them under warranty for the small percentage of people that actually claim for them (the replacements they SELL probably cover the costs of the warranty claims anyway)

Yes. But I have better things to do with my free time/annual holidays/flexi time than go to the main dealer several times for an inspection and rectification of trivia. And then find out the wrong part has been ordered.

Watch out when I'm retired though.

Edited by gregoir

I don't know if anyone else has had any issues with the back badge...

I posted recently (here) about a similar problem, but at the other end of the car.

It seems some people have had there's swapped under warranty while others have not. I have e-mailed my nearest dealer with a photo, but have still to hear back.

My centre caps are going the same way and they haven't even been on the car for the winter period! Will be having a warranty call for it when it is serviced along with the asthmatic horn!

Yes. But I have better things to do with my free time/annual holidays/flexi time than go to the main dealer several times for an inspection and rectification of trivia. And then find out the wrong part has been ordered.

Watch out when I'm retired though.

I am there already !!!! (indecently early mind you.)..and the sales guy in my local dealer has introduced himself to me 27 times up to now..! I do wear a different hat every time I go in though !!

Just checked my rear badge, yep, 2 white spots on rim under clear coating.

Front one looks OK for now.

I will have a moan about it on 1st service, not worth a special visit to the dealer.

Skoda's don't seem to like water, ingress, condesation, blocked drainage holes, washer pipes popping off etc.

If Skoda made boats they'd all sink !

Seems a well known problem, but I doubt if that many customers are reporting it. Same thing happened on my old Fabia Vrs. Watch out also for the edge corners of the screens - especially the rear, exposure to the weather over a time seems to affect that too. That happened on the old Vrs and the screen arrangement looks much the same on the Octy.

If all of this happens on the Octy within warranty period, I will probably see the dealer about it this time and ask for rectification. A modern car should be able to stand outside without corrosion of exterior parts.

Same happened to my fabia vrs

Replaced under warranty - then occured again after warranty ran out - dealer however replaced FOC.

Then occurred again - left it and part exchanged the car (a bit drastic of an option though)

New vrs as yet no issues - fingers crossed.

Mine looks a bit worm eaten too. Out of warranty now. It had started before but I just forgot to mention it.

Yep, pretty common by all accounts. And not just Skoda/VAG either.

On a previous Fabia, the ingress got so far that the green of the emblem actually went turquoise! So much so that people thought I'd had retrofit badges applied and asked me where I'd got them :rofl:

If you do get a fresh set, or get them replaced a thin application of sealant (like Jetseal 109 or similar) would be quite effective at keeping the water at bay, and hopefully keeping the badges looking A1.

My centre caps are going the same way and they haven't even been on the car for the winter period! Will be having a warranty call for it when it is serviced along with the asthmatic horn!

my centre caps are starting to lift up. And mines been parked away for most of the winter. Fabia one has been like it for about 12-18 months but then its 7 years old this year so not such a bad thing.

Will get the wheel badges looked at when I get the rear bumper re-resprayed :| and when they finally order my parking sensors :|

my centre caps are starting to lift up. And mines been parked away for most of the winter. Fabia one has been like it for about 12-18 months but then its 7 years old this year so not such a bad thing.

Will get the wheel badges looked at when I get the rear bumper re-resprayed :| and when they finally order my parking sensors :|

Had 3 sets on the Bora i think....waste of time though until they come up with a redesign.

Well the horn has took his inhaler today and in good working order.....good job as i nearly had the side of my freshly machine polished car taken off by some tool in a Stilo.

Sealant over the wheel badges helps too :)

They're even worse in design than the body badges though, as there's a visible gap/ridge between the backing and the main part of the centre :|