Photography Thread

Tas

On 17/12/2023 at 16:51, Jim H said:

I've been wanting to take a good pic for the last few weeks and going to the same place on the way home from work. Finally on Friday the perfect conditions happened. I meant to stick a camera and tripod in the car in case, but kept forgetting, so pic took with my phone. I thought it turned out quite well.  😎

IMG-20231215-160259473-HDR-crop.jpg

Image not edited, apart from a slight crop. I can't remember if phone was set to 'sunset mode' or not as took many pics using auto and manual modes.

Dec 15  Fri, 4:03 PM GMT

Motorola Moto g(8) power

ƒ/1.7 1/ 33 sec 4.05mm ISO436

I used to work at the smoggies footie ground on the odd occasion and remember seeing this amazing bridge/transporter as I drove in :)  

• Like 1

I spent part of this afternoon in the local turner's shop where Derek modified a DSLR lens support for me before he skimmed this Suzuki cylinder head.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b3beaa6c8c51677fe69874407ee1686c.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, @Lee said:

We all know that bridge is really in Arizona now ;)

Blame these Guys

1_DHR_MGA_010319mgaTransporterJPG.jpg

The bridge hasn't worked since 2019, however due to extra money gained from HS2, the good new is next year hopefully it will be repaired, made structurally sound and then hopefully back working again. 

• Like 3

On 18/12/2023 at 18:47, Lady Elanore said:

I used to work at the smoggies footie ground on the odd occasion and remember seeing this amazing bridge/transporter as I drove in :)  

In the late 70s I used to see this lovely bridge about twice a month when I used to visit Middlesborough  as part of my regular route, but I was never lucky enough to it in action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinkpanther said:

Mine is a little older, although is a V8 too😁

IMG_20210902_214257_edit_77986627499557.jpg

I've always loved the shape of the XJ series, it's no wonder they used to regularly win the coveted best looking luxury car award. I used to work for a company where the boss had a stunning XJ6 and I'd often get to drive it and what a car it was too. I could never quite get my head around the fact that for a car that was over 5 metres long and wide, the actual passenger space was not as large as that in a Superb. But they do have a magic carpet ride.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

I've always loved the shape of the XJ series, it's no wonder they used to regularly win the coveted best looking luxury car award. I used to work for a company where the boss had a stunning XJ6 and I'd often get to drive it and what a car it was too. I could never quite get my head around the fact that for a car that was over 5 metres long and wide, the actual passenger space was not as large as that in a Superb. But they do have a magic carpet ride.

The X350 generation is a little more roomy than the earlier cars,  although rear leg room is no comparison with a Superb. 

I had always wanted an XK8, but very cramped inside, to the point of being impractical (for me).

After so many glorious cars it's painful to consider Jaguar now only make SUV's😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinkpanther said:

The X350 generation is a little more roomy than the earlier cars,  although rear leg room is no comparison with a Superb. 

I had always wanted an XK8, but very cramped inside, to the point of being impractical (for me).

After so many glorious cars it's painful to consider Jaguar now only make SUV's😒

I think that the XJ8L was the one that they should have had as the standard model and dropped the normal length version. it's hardly luxury for the rear seat passengers if they are above average height, with inadequate legroom and lower headroom, on a long trip. 

• Like 1