Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Hammer32 - That's strange on my order form it only shows a 4 digit number which i thought was a bit short

According to my local dealer there used to be a 6 digit order number but that was updated to an eight digit number - there has never been a 4 digit order number.

My dealer also tells me my Skoda is built and watching the tide ebb and flow at the dockside in a foreign port.

I presume that's reasonably good news - isn't it?

The Salesman has rung me to inform me the car arrived in the Uk yesterday and they 'should' have it at the Dealers early next week.

A bit of music to warm the cockles of our hearts.

I just tried the www.trackmyskoda.co.uk site to check my car was it was down for Week 50 build, and according to the site its not been built yet!! emailed the dealer but i will be surprised if i get a reply before the new year!!

I picked up the Fabia Estate at noon and it hasn't stopped raining since!

Looks well, drives well and I'm very pleased with the car.

When it stops raining and I can get round to sorting out things like the seat position and the trip computer then we'll get it ready for its first trip abroad next week.

No problems with the Salesman and Dealership and would recommend them wholeheartedly.

A good start to my first experience of Skoda and their vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my Fabia 1.2tsi estate on 6th September 2011. Today was told a provisional build date of week 11. Looking like 7 months from order to collection... I thought they were improving? :(

Ordered my Fabia 1.2tsi estate on 6th September 2011. Today was told a provisional build date of week 11. Looking like 7 months from order to collection... I thought they were improving? :(

Is it a DSG? This was the bottleneck when we bought one.

Finally Collect my car on Thursday! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , Dealer has emailed me to say its at the dealership and has sent me the new Reg as well!!

Just done the insurance and found that its cheaper than the Octavia so even better!!

Going to be a Long 6 days

Finally Collect my car on Thursday! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , Dealer has emailed me to say its at the dealership and has sent me the new Reg as well!!

Just done the insurance and found that its cheaper than the Octavia so even better!!

Going to be a Long 6 days

have u survived the weekend? :D

only just, fortunately i'm also in the middle of moving house and decorating so its keeping me occupied!! So the Fabia will be broken in transporting boxes between houses!

NOOOOO! :( i feel sorry for you, mate!

Edited by joten

FabiaVRS1.jpg

FabiaVRS2.jpg

Will post some better pics when i have a chance to get some with a better camera other than my iPhone!!

congratulation, Mate :D the Car looks awesome! dont think ive seen a totally green VRS with black pack, but damn....i like it!

Edited by joten