VAG 170 PS Diesel Injector Failures - VOSA action

Anyone else had problems since having their injectors replaced?

The DPF light has come on twice since (never before) and recently the glow plug has been flashing, which the fault code claims is a turbo actuator problem. And the even better news is that you cant get the actuator seperately, you have to buy the whole turbo unit costing a bomb. I've had enough to be honest.

These problems have occurred in the 6 weeks since the injectors were changed. Everything was fine before :dull:

I had flashing glow plug light after about a week of them being changed. I took it to an Indi who found it was the Intake manifold flap valve. £12 to buy, but the manifold has to be removed to get it fitted. Completely coincidental in his and my opinion. I have to say, touch wood, my car has never felt better. I hope I don't regret saying that now.

Edited by Deneo

:thumbup: Make sure you have a good nights sleep and use nice shiny spanners on her :rofl:

Here we go

Ready to start

c76e4c44.jpg

Cam cover off

ed44c549.jpg

Rocker shaft removed

529fd0bb.jpg

Injectors and loom removed

41759395.jpg

f4f9ceaa.jpg

New injectors in

3bb751d5.jpg

Rocker shaft back on and basic settings carried out and new loom fitted.

218efc9b.jpg

:)

Here we go

Ready to start

c76e4c44.jpg

Cam cover off

ed44c549.jpg

Rocker shaft removed

529fd0bb.jpg

41759395.jpg

f4f9ceaa.jpg

New injectors in

3bb751d5.jpg

218efc9b.jpg

Techie my car is hopefully going in soon to have this done, Do you have to flash ECU with an update after injectors have been fitted...... My car currently has DPF Delete map so if SEAT flash it car will end up in Limp Mode because of lack of DPF

Must admit I didnt, but next set I do ill have a look.

Can you please take a look? You know why? Because nobody knows what they are. From my information and from what I saw on my car, the new injectors are Continental (Siemens re-branded, repaired). This means they will fail the same in some time.

If you are so good and fast in taking of the cover, you can take an injector out and take a look; and even post a picture here like you did before. It could be interesting.

Edited by geovadim

Had all my injectors replaced pre-emptive last week, now the dpf light keeps comming on! Grrrrrr!!!!! Its just had a new dpf sensor last month and a turbo 3month ago! I wanted to remove the dpf but with the apparent new emmissions laws comming in i dont want it to fail the emmisons test at M.O.T time!! :-(

Can you please take a look? You know why? Because nobody knows what they are. From my information and from what I saw on my car, the new injectors are Continental (Siemens re-branded, repaired). This means they will fail the same in some time.

If you are so good and fast in taking of the cover, you can take an injector out and take a look; and even post a picture here like you did before. It could be interesting.

The new injectors are now modified from what I understand they are not just replacing like for like so they shouldn't fail again.

Fast I may be at stripping them down, don't mean I have the time to take one apart just for the hell of it though ;)

Had all my injectors replaced pre-emptive last week, now the dpf light keeps comming on! Grrrrrr!!!!! Its just had a new dpf sensor last month and a turbo 3month ago! I wanted to remove the dpf but with the apparent new emmissions laws comming in i dont want it to fail the emmisons test at M.O.T time!! :-(

Same problems here Suk. Car was fine before now i see the DPF light fairly regulary and i'm told the turbo actuator is failing meaning a whole new turbo unit. Wish i'd left the car alone to be honest.

Here we go

Ready to start

c76e4c44.jpg

Cam cover off

ed44c549.jpg

Rocker shaft removed

529fd0bb.jpg

41759395.jpg

f4f9ceaa.jpg

New injectors in

3bb751d5.jpg

218efc9b.jpg

I said the other week my car going in for pre-emptive injector change paid for by SUK. These are the actual pictures of my car being done by tech1e at my local dealer. Got it back now and all seems fine. Excellent job tech1e. Give that man a round of applause :D

Same problems here Suk. Car was fine before now i see the DPF light fairly regulary and i'm told the turbo actuator is failing meaning a whole new turbo unit. Wish i'd left the car alone to be honest.

My DPF is in the shed so dont need to worry about this

Skoda have just drastically reduced the price of piezo PD injectors, Saw it on desktop yesterday. Didnt manage to catch the exact prices but they were all less than £200, some around the £140 mark.

CONTACT Skoda UK, Tell them youve read threads etc and your worried about your injectors, they will advise you to go into local skoda dealer and get them tested, tell them nope you dont want to bother with that as even if they are tested and are fine at that moment they can still blow 10 minutes later, tell them you just want the new ones fitting :thumbup:

cs = customer service. Skoda central customer service are well aware of the problem, so ringing them and explaining to them the reason for your call will get them started on the process. When my failed I contacted them first, then took it to skoda local dealership who then contacted the skoda customer service confirming mine had failed.

I've just bought a VRS PD170 and have found this thread. I haven't trawled for info could someone advise me what action I need to take (if any) to sort any potential problems?

+1

Just picked up my 2007 vRS today.

I've been watching this thread with interest and will be on the phone to Skoda next week :thumbup:

My cars just had a new turbo a few months ago and new dpf sensor ect, had dpf probs, then had new sensor and software upgrade, ran perfect until got new injectors and the dpf light has been on every day since, going for a regen but next next its back on again!! need to ring my dealer yet again tomorrow!! Sick of this fecking car!! Anyone know if the 2012 emmisions mot test will affect a 2008 octy with dpf internals removed?

Anyone know if the 2012 emmisions mot test will affect a 2008 octy with dpf internals removed?

Yeh it will the new rule states all cars that left factory with a CAT must have them on for MOT, Our cars dont have a CAT they have the DPF instead so it will more than likely mean the DPF needs to be there (And Working) for the MOT

Is it just me or are a lot of members finding that replacing the injectors is then causing DPF / turbo issues immediately afterwards?

Is the pre emptive changing of the injectors likely to cause more issues than it solves?