vRS Joe's Fabia I vRS - GTB Turbo!

vRS Joe

Hey Joe, sounds really good mate!! Whens it booked in?

Ill buy the forge pipework back from you btw :)

I should have it back on the 15th Feb. You can have the pipe kit back! I'll let you know when it's off the car...

Joe

• Like 1

Indeed

With a bit of added bite too!

Look forward to seeing it fly past mate :D

Drop me a pm about pipe work once it's done, ill have to come up and have a nose and a passenger ride too :)

Edited by JoshH

Indeed

With a bit of added bite too!

Should be interesting ;) will have a good chat with you there, it's something I'm still considering long term, but wouldn't mind a drive in one first to compare :thumbup:

Look forward to seeing it fly past mate :D

Drop me a pm about pipe work once it's done, ill have to come up and have a nose and a passenger ride too :)

I'm dubious as to how much difference the kit will make to my progress around Combe. Espechially if it's :rain: . I'd need some tuition to make the best of the car. I can bring the pipework to Combe if you can wait that long for it?

Fair play to you Joe, looks a good kit for the money. Loot forward to your thoughts on it as I'm interested in this kit also.

Fingers crossed il be at Coombe too. So il have to be nosey lol.

I'll most likely be visiting Tech1e (Ross) for some work at some point if you want to go for a spin in it? I'll drop you a PM when I'm booked in with Ross.

Should be interesting ;) will have a good chat with you there, it's something I'm still considering long term, but wouldn't mind a drive in one first to compare :thumbup:

No problem. See you at Combe! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I had an update last night saying all the hardware side of things was done - Full exhaust, new turbo & manifold, new boost pipes and EGR delete. Not bad considering they only had it just before 1pm!

It may need an uprated clutch and DMF too - fingers crossed that the old one holds!

What are your plans for the exhaust Joe? Just leaving the standard one on?

It's had a Darkside down pipe and Milltec de-cat.

Did you see the mongrel's turbo whilst there? :D

If I see a massive turbo It'll be yours then!

I had an update last night saying all the hardware side of things was done - Full exhaust, new turbo & manifold, new boost pipes and EGR delete. Not bad considering they only had it just before 1pm!

It may need an uprated clutch and DMF too - fingers crossed that the old one holds!

Sounds Brilliant Joe! :thumbup:

I reckon you would probably want an uprated Clutch with SMF to handle the extra power though..

Personally I wouldn't touch an SMF. I can't stand the chatter they make. The South bend 'silent' SMF's are much quieter, but very expensive.

I have been offered an uprated clutch and DMF kit by Darkside that will hold 375lbft should my standard one fail.

I have the car back now.

WOW, it's seriously quick! But I don't have a printout as the Dyno at Darkside broke :sweat:

It's so much quicker than before. I don't really notice any more lag low down, the throttle response at +/- 2000 rpm seems better/ quicker. The mid range is really strong and it pulls very hard to over 4500rpm, where before I'd just change gear as it ran out of puff.

The noise is insane, I get turbo flutter if I lift off when it's coming onto boost!

I didn't see so much as a puff of smoke all the way home to which is nice - It smoked before it went in.

It's still on the original clutch and DMF so I have to take it easy in 5th and 6th.

I'm driving up to Skye this weekend so I'll get to put it through it's paces then ;)

• Like 4

Joe are you going to Coombe? If so would be great to see your car. PM me if you are ever up my way.

Glad to hear your pleased with it and happy. Sounds very good.

Im interested in this kit too, but il let my wedding get out of the way first or the missus may actually kill me if she found out lol.

Awesome! Bet you're chuffed!?!

Can't remember as I write this.... Were you mapped prior to this?? I might end up going from standard straight to where you are now!

Few more months yet until I can get mind done due to delays building my house :(

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't touch an SMF. I can't stand the chatter they make. The South bend 'silent' SMF's are much quieter, but very expensive.

I have been offered an uprated clutch and DMF kit by Darkside that will hold 375lbft should my standard one fail.

How much for the uprated clutch and dmf kit?!

Joe are you going to Coombe? If so would be great to see your car. PM me if you are ever up my way.

Glad to hear your pleased with it and happy. Sounds very good.

Im interested in this kit too, but il let my wedding get out of the way first or the missus may actually kill me if she found out lol.

Yes, I'm going to Combe - Can't wait!

Awesome! Bet you're chuffed!?!

Can't remember as I write this.... Were you mapped prior to this?? I might end up going from standard straight to where you are now!

Few more months yet until I can get mind done due to delays building my house :(

Yes, I was mapped prior to this and running 167hp & 289lbft. I never really noticed much difference from standard to mapped. Yes, I'm pretty chuffed with it. I've done over 1000 miles in a week with going up to the Highlands. Empty roads meant I could really have some fun!

How much for the uprated clutch and dmf kit?!

£890 fitted. Although my 84000 mile old standard clutch is doing fine so far...

On another note my MPG is still very good. Still 43mpg average from my week up north, despite driving in a manner not conducive to saving fuel.