Looking to buy a Yeti Elegance

flashman

It's been a lomg time since I was last here with my 2004 Octavia...but looking to return with one of these.

Wife and I went to a dealer for something to do today after finding that the retail parks were closed today, and we found that we really liked this car. We chatted to the dealer about deals and he advised that there would be none since demand was so strong for this car.

So this got me thinking that there must be a source on the web that can supply these without the overheads of a dealership and this is my question...who and where are they? There must be one surely??

Grateful for any insight!

I suspect you will find that cars with a six month waiting list are not on offer with discounts-if you are offered one you should be double sure it isn't a scam. Any suggestion of money from you in advance outside of e reputable dealer's deposit is probably suspect.

Another vote for James at Allams from me as well. Honest advise and a good deal.

There are quite a few Elegance models available second hand, but prices are near or even over list, but avoid the long wait.

Andy

I would much rather have a modest few percent off a Yeti which is an absolutely wonderful car than 25% off a car that is otherwise unsaleable. No nominations please :D

We chatted to the dealer about deals and he advised that there would be none since demand was so strong for this car.

He must think you are desperate to buy. Go somewhere else and you should easily get a discount on list price easily.

Drive the Deal and Autofinders will give you an online, instant quote and good discounts. My recent order to Autofinders worked out to nearer 12% off list.

I ordered my Fabia from DtD 4 years ago and have just ordered my Yeti from Autofinders - but have yet to prove their customer service (except they are keeping me updated on build week and were happy to change the colour 6 weeks into the order (Muscavado to Black - but we are still having fights in the house as to whether that was a good move!!).

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Some very useful advice been given which I will follow up on.

I also found a good deal through broadspeed.com who are quoting £21,681 for a Candy White CR170 with £380 12 speaker upgrade (anyone know what this consists of and is any good?) mats and a heated windscreen. They do advise that this price needs to be confirmed via the supplying dealer. I'll be ringing them tomorrow and will post back.

In the meantime, thanks again!

I have the Sound Pack - it's excellent!

The heated screen has proved its worth this winter too :thumbup:

What delivery time were they quoting?

Sound upgrade (12 speakers, 3 in each door plus different amp) and heated screen both very good! Would also advise spare wheel, but you lose some boot space. Order time for 170 is 7/8 months last time I heard.

Andy

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Some very useful advice been given which I will follow up on.

I also found a good deal through broadspeed.com who are quoting £21,681 for a Candy White CR170 with £380 12 speaker upgrade (anyone know what this consists of and is any good?) mats and a heated windscreen. They do advise that this price needs to be confirmed via the supplying dealer. I'll be ringing them tomorrow and will post back.

In the meantime, thanks again!

Used Broadspeed in 2006 to purchase the wife's previous Corsa; picked it up from a dealer in Reading (sell and forget type). Tried them again in 2009 when we were contemplating a Tiguan, passed me on to some fleet broker who was only interested in selling me what was in the country in a compound, not the specification I was interested in.

Not trying to put you off using them just passing on my experience.

Regards,

TP

You can drop me an email with the spec of the Yeti you'd like and I can give you a quote.

If you've got a part exchange I will also need some of the details to give you an idea of its value.

Drive the Deal and Autofinders will give you an online, instant quote and good discounts. My recent order to Autofinders worked out to nearer 12% off list.

I ordered my Fabia from DtD 4 years ago and have just ordered my Yeti from Autofinders - but have yet to prove their customer service (except they are keeping me updated on build week and were happy to change the colour 6 weeks into the order (Muscavado to Black - but we are still having fights in the house as to whether that was a good move!!).

+ 1 for AutoFinders. Placed an order with them over the w/e for Yeti Greenline II (Muscovado, of course!). James (Allams) wasn't able to match the deal (but thanks for trying James) nor were Drivethedeal.

+ 1 for AutoFinders. Placed an order with them over the w/e for Yeti Greenline II (Muscovado, of course!). James (Allams) wasn't able to match the deal (but thanks for trying James) nor were Drivethedeal.

No problem - I appreciate I can't win them all! :yes:

Interestingly I could have saved myself a few hundred by doing it online, but I prefer dealing with a person.

So James got the order for our Greenline Yeti. :thumbup:

Beat my local dealer that has supplied two other new Skodas for us in the last year too.

I feel safer if things go belly up...

It's been a lomg time since I was last here with my 2004 Octavia...but looking to return with one of these.

Wife and I went to a dealer for something to do today after finding that the retail parks were closed today, and we found that we really liked this car. We chatted to the dealer about deals and he advised that there would be none since demand was so strong for this car.

So this got me thinking that there must be a source on the web that can supply these without the overheads of a dealership and this is my question...who and where are they? There must be one surely??

Grateful for any insight!

Hi you can try carquake about 10% off but still a six month or longer wait Pete

A quick look at Autofinders and Drive the Deal showed that, on the face of it and just as an example, my one, without any extras, would have been about £200 less from AF than from DtD. Both offered between about £1600 - £1900ish off list.

Mine came from the West London dealer that was /(still is... not sure) the supplier to DtD although I didn't, in this instance, use DtD. They've been fine with me to date....absolutely nothing to complain about at all - I collect on Saturday, so withhold final judgement till then but remain very optimistic.

No disputing that James would offer fine service too. I didn't get a quote from him at the time I ordered as I was recommended by another member here to use the dealer I ordered from, but am sure James would do his very best to offer good service as well as offering his best price. I've seen very few less than excellent comments on here during the few months I've been looking in.

I have had my Yeti nearly 6 weeks now and it is problem free. Bought it through Autofinders and was extremely cautious about buying over the Internet. However, Autofinders beat all local dealers (North West England) by a large margin on both price and part exchange so they got the sale.

Autofinders were trouble free, did exactly what they promised and delivered on time to the agreed price On the basis of my experience I can certainly recommend them and, if and when I come to swap my Yeti, I will certainly be contacting them.

Malc

I have had my Yeti nearly 6 weeks now and it is problem free. Bought it through Autofinders and was extremely cautious about buying over the Internet. However, Autofinders beat all local dealers (North West England) by a large margin on both price and part exchange so they got the sale.

Autofinders were trouble free, did exactly what they promised and delivered on time to the agreed price On the basis of my experience I can certainly recommend them and, if and when I come to swap my Yeti, I will certainly be contacting them.

Malc

Where do you collect from when using AF? Presumably if you had a PX you'd need to take to their office to get it valued? With DtD they're a middleman who takes your enquiry and then passes you directly to their appointed dealer, wherever he or they may be and you then deal direct with the dealer re. deposit and collection. How does this compare with AF?

I got over 10% discount from my local dealer (Citygate Colindale) by challenging them to meet the drivethedeal quote - they got within £300 of it and saved me c. £2500 off list. That was last summer - pre Clarkson & his helicopter but still when the waiting list was 5 months!

The procedure I went through with Autofinders was as follows :-

1. AF gave me a quote for the car and spec I wanted.

2. AF e-mailed me. Detailed questionnaire asking me to fill in details of the vehicle I intended to PX. Which I completed and e- mailed Back.

3. Within 2 days AF e-mailed a PX offer.

Deposit (£500 I think) was paid by credit card which gives protection if the company goes bust, etc. There was no charge for using a credit card for the deposit.

I collected the car at Chesterfield at the AF offices and left my old car there. After fully inspecting the new vehiicle I paid the balance by debit card (obviously I made sure I had sufficient funds in my current account).

There was no quibbling about the PX even though AF had not, until then, seen the car.

I suggest you give them a ring and check the procedure. I understand they will arrange delivery and collection if needed.

Malc