Anthrecite Gray FL VRS

Hello,

I'm looking at ordering a new FL VRS nut I'm undecided about color, have a Race Blue Pre FL VRS at the moment, but I think the FL model looks better in White, Silver or Antherite Gray.

Does any one own an Atherite Gray FL VRS? Can you post pics please as I cant find many of FL VRS's on the net?

Cheer, Dan.

Edited by Dan 534

Mine is Anthracite. Similar colour to my old A3. I loved it on the A3, and think it looks even better on the vRS. Personally, I think it looks more classy than red or blue, but then red ands blue look more sporty and stand out more. All depends what you are after I guess, and personally I prefer the classy understated look rather than a more stand-out, in your face look.

A couple of pics of mine are here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/196328-anthracite-vrs-tsi-picked-up-today/page__p__2333360#entry2333360

Bloody hell, great pics guys! Has not made the decisions any easier however. Defiantly think the Gray suits the FL more than it does on the pre FL special edition, but the Blue is unique (except for the 100s of other VRS on the road) to the VRS and stands out. The gray is classier. Have to decide if I'm going to be boring and stick with blue!

Decisions

Gotta be red ;)

I was in the same position as you - Grey, Red or Blue.....Decided when i phoned up to order in the end as i couldn't decide and haven't regretted it!

There was a vote on this a few weeks ago and as far as I remember Blue had about twice as many votes as the next nearest colour, which I think was grey. For me it's Blue all the way, sooooooooo much nicer than all the boring grey, black and silver cars you see these days*

* Apologies to all grey, silver and black Octy owners :-)

I wanted grey, the wife wanted white, we ended up ordering white, as in our area all the grey Octavias are all taxi's so we wanted to get away from that, and we havent seen a white VRS around our way, so thought it would look different, as for teh blue, yes its a lovely colour but so many of them around, still not 100% happy with the choice of white, but not paying for teh metallic paint meant I could order some options on teh car so happy really :-) Good luck with your choice regardless and you will no doubt be happy with whatever you order :-)

I wanted grey, the wife wanted white, we ended up ordering white, as in our area all the grey Octavias are all taxi's so we wanted to get away from that, and we havent seen a white VRS around our way, so thought it would look different, as for teh blue, yes its a lovely colour but so many of them around, still not 100% happy with the choice of white, but not paying for teh metallic paint meant I could order some options on teh car so happy really :-) Good luck with your choice regardless and you will no doubt be happy with whatever you order :-)

Should have got Silver! Happy medium. :giggle:B)

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but both SWMBO and I were at the dealer's at the weekend and we've got a good deal....

The choices have been narrowed to Anthracite, White or Yellow. We've had an Anthracite one previously when it was called graphite grey (similar but not quite the same I know..), white says photocopier sales person to me but SWMBO is ambivalent. Then there's yellow. Stood next to one on Simpson's forecourt at the weekend and next to the red vRS it's very different and I don't see them as frequently as the race blue ones which I've got at the moment. Don't mind the washing/detailing biz either.

Choices....

Would be a brave man to get a yellow one although you would certainly not see too many the same around the place. Anthracite is just a little too dull looking for my liking and white is just a bit too faddy. Hence from the 3 you have chosen I think yellow would be the one.

Would be a brave man to get a yellow one although you would certainly not see too many the same around the place. Anthracite is just a little too dull looking for my liking and white is just a bit too faddy. Hence from the 3 you have chosen I think yellow would be the one.

Another vote for yellow

post-13088-0-23283900-1315863461_thumb.jpeg

Another vote for yellow

I'd have had yellow except for the fact that the mk1 it was replacing was yellow. I'd has that 6 years and intend keeping this a similar time so 12 years of any colour seemed a bit much.

I went white......

Grey just shows what your life is.. Dull :p lmao (j/k)

Race Blue FTW

I agree but another race blue....seems a lot of dosh for something quite similar. If we're changing then I don't think it will be another race blue - but it is a damn good colour whether wet, dry, polished (that other forum) :rofl: or left alone...

I went for blue because my mk1 was red, and I wanted a change. Everyone this time last year was ordering white, my wife has the anthracite on her fabia and a yellow estate was way beyond thinking about....

Way too many silver cars about, Black woulda looked like a hearse, so that left me with the blue, which I have to be honest, looks fantastic, especially on the estate

A few weeks after I picked her up, I went back to the dealers, and they had Red, Black and Silver vrs estates on the forecourt, and was so glad I chose the blue

No Regrets

Steve

Thanks Chris - had a good hunt for your pics as I'd seen them before. Deposit now paid and the banana is on order. If they can't guarantee the banana, then it's going to be anthracite as it looks like a business express.