Adam's Red vRS - Car wrote off! Now with pics

Been on the phone to the insurance for the last hour or two, recovery/repair centre are coming out to the car in the next hour or so. Going to go and meet them up there and also collect the my hire car at the same time.

Right update time with some pic's of the aftermath.

20121103_123254.jpg

20121103_123303.jpg

20121103_123310.jpg

20121103_123317.jpg

20121103_123334.jpg

20121103_123435.jpg

20121103_123507.jpg

20121103_123514.jpg

20121103_123602.jpg

I'm pretty sure it will be a write off....Gotta wait and see what they come back with on Monday/Tuesday.

Has anybody any idea what the chain hanging outta the sump will be off?

Nightmare, had a close call recently when someone didn't check their mirrors and pulled out as I was overtaking at app 60mph. Nearly put me into the verge and a lamp post. Thank god I managed to avoid contact... would have wound up like yours. I hope you get the insurance sorted out ok.

Ditto, terrible for the car but sounds like you are okay to be posting and could have been worse.

In that respect its the right way around, the car can always be replaced but gutted for you.

Only just seen this! Glad to see your ok, I think the Fabia protected you pretty well, shocked at the state of it! Hopefully the insurance company will be fair with the pay out.

Really sorry to see this, your car was coming along nicely. :(

Yeah it's held up rather well considering the force and the speed that it happened at mate, Yeah let's hope they do and cheers for that I'm sure I will be back in again eventually.

Ditto, terrible for the car but sounds like you are okay to be posting and could have been worse.

In that respect its the right way around, the car can always be replaced but gutted for you.

Yeah it certainly has made me realise just how lucky I am to be here, the amount of people who have spoke to me to see if I'm okay is overwhelming

Not long til everyone's asking for your cars shiny bits now ;)

Haha tbh I've no idea what and if anybody would want anything off it considering the state of it lol.

Would you want it back its better off written off I'd say at least you're fine cars crash it happens they're only metal.

Tbh you've summed it up there, I prob's wouldn't want it back really as it would never be the same car that it was before.

Most probably a write off but you never know. Glad your alright mate!

Cheers buddy, I pretty much think it is, the recovery guy said it would be as soon as we told him the sumped had gone on the engine.

Just a few other pic's that my mate took before I got upto his and the recovery agent's turned up

0D50EE88-B614-4E2D-B7CF-9035640637BE-4149-0000031ECDE46FF1.jpg

F7E5251F-3D1F-4F3A-9BF7-AC149FB837C0-4149-0000031EBD8E8ACE.jpg

3ECE16A7-63BE-46A5-9C76-E265FC5C562A-4149-0000031EF0EAB528.jpg

12B85769-764B-4E95-9672-5AFF6E4EBCD6-4149-0000031EC59425F9.jpg

EE182D5F-B3BE-45D0-A826-CE61C3F74CCC-4149-0000031F17ED5A29.jpg

F5041B1C-F83A-47A0-8931-B0ECD444FF8D-4149-0000031EF9DCF0E9.jpg

My left foot hitting the brake pedal during impact caused this

Glad your ok mate. It's a shame because this was a very nice car. I saw at trax I believe it was :).

Thanks mate, it was a nice car and I had big plans for the future of it but will have to save them for another fabia.

Bit of T Cut and most of that will buff out.....

But seriously, sad for the car but very pleased that you have come away from that relatively ok....

Haha I know we've all joked about it polishing out the last day or so, best way to be instead of feeling down about it, Thanks for your comment's I'm not too bad today, still feel like I've had a heavy night drinking with the head

Sorry to hear that, glad you fine. Car crash is never nice think. Take care

Thanks very much, got myself a proper little pocket rocket Hire car in the form of a Micra, I don't think it even has Servo brakes.....

Thats the chain that runs the oil pump

Ah right I see, we thought that at first but I thought oil pump was on the other end of the engine.

Most probably a write off but you never know.

I wouldn't want that back repaired personally.

It's proper fooked! I'm glad you got out okay

and you did well to be fairly unhurt after a crash like that.

But I don't care how good the repairers are, that car will never be

100% again. Strip what you can, and start again mate.

Plenty of cheap Fabias about at the moment.

Main thing is your ok mate, as said metal can be replaced people cant.

Looks like the car has taken a good old beating and that is 100% a write off. I mean the engine and suspension damage alone would write it off imho. Then add the structure damange and its a no no.

In relation to selling bits off, I have clicked like to a couple of the vulture comments as..

I will take your entire interior please.... seriously....

Hope yout not too battered and the insurance is sorted quickly :) 

I wouldn't want that back repaired personally.

It's proper fooked! I'm glad you got out okay

and you did well to be fairly unhurt after a crash like that.

But I don't care how good the repairers are, that car will never be

100% again. Strip what you can, and start again mate.

Plenty of cheap Fabias about at the moment.

I pretty much agree with what your saying, I've had a good think about it and the car will never be or drive the same as it used to do. I'm waiting for the insurance to get back to me with what they say and I will most likely buy it back and sell it in parts.

Already been eyeing a couple up locally to myself, but not all are as spec'd out as mine was which is a shame.

Main thing is your ok mate, as said metal can be replaced people cant.

Looks like the car has taken a good old beating and that is 100% a write off. I mean the engine and suspension damage alone would write it off imho. Then add the structure damange and its a no no.

In relation to selling bits off, I have clicked like to a couple of the vulture comments as..

I will take your entire interior please.... seriously....

Hope yout not too battered and the insurance is sorted quickly :)

Yeah I'm not too bad considering the impact which I'm fully surprised at, I thought with a crash like that I would of come off a hell of a lot worse. Somebody upstairs was looking down on me that day.

I will be honest, IF I buy the car back I think I will be keeping the seat's for another Fabia (If I get one that is) as this was top of my list of what I wanted when I originally bought the car. Apart from that I think most/everything will be going up for sale eventually once stripped.

you certainly made a good car great ! Such a shame - glad to hear that you are ok mate - chill for a while then start again

It is a shame, I had such high hopes and big plans for the car next year, had to cancel ordering my wheels from the USA for now just incase I don't buy another one but time will tell.

Edited by Southy