Porsche front brakes

Having watched a few youtube videos of sharkperformance's vrs i noticed it was running porsche front brakes

Do they make a significant difference then??

The standard 312mm are awful and the brake fade is scarey.

The standard 312's are awful? :o

I think that they are awesome!

Seriously?? 2 or 3 corners around lochearnhead and they are gone.

I did Think about better pads.

Seriously?? 2 or 3 corners around lochearnhead and they are gone.

I did Think about better pads.

Yeah i think they are great....I haven't noticed any fade on the odd occasions i drive hard. They bite better than any car i have had.

I have to agree, I think they are great, I have 4 pot brembos on my 406 Coupe, and they're on a par with them! :thumbup:

Better pads could be an option though.

any recommendations on pads and discs?

Cayenne 6-pot calipers, 350mm discs and Pagid pads work just fine for me, and are much more responsive than standard

Cayenne 6-pot calipers, 350mm discs and Pagid pads work just fine for me, and are much more responsive than standard

That's impressive considering they have to stop over 2 tons (driver included) of oil burner! :giggle:

@ Grizzle, Ferodo DS2500 as apparently a very good option for replacement pads. :thumbup:

IMO they look good too, even with gold wheels :thumbup:

DSC_5745.jpg

They look great. Did they fit on standard carriers or did you need to get some custom ones made? I read somewhere that getting the right size rotors can be difficult too?

They look great. Did they fit on standard carriers or did you need to get some custom ones made? I read somewhere that getting the right size rotors can be difficult too?

From what I can remember they fit on standard carriers, I certainly didn't get any custom ones made

I have looked at discs, and the majority of replacements such as EBC tend to be 345 and not 350, I believe the discs which came with my calipers were Delphi (Lockheed) for a Mercedes ML420 or ML500

Aww ffs typical!! i Decide not to go to Inters but head to a friends BBQ in his several million pound mansion GRRRRRRRRR.

£150 too!!!! feck.

Ah well hunt continues, cheers mate.

Grizzle, im assuming here that since you have a 2008 vrs, that the brake fluid has been changed? have you thought of upgrading to better fluid?

Anyone else any thoughts on this, as its on my to-do list next, what is a good all round fast road fluid? was looking at ATE (the blue one)