delayed delivery on yeti. dealer now giving us £1000 less on trade in.

underworld

hi all, we ordered a yeti elegance on 10th January 2011 and were given an estimated delivery date of 6th June 2011.

Needless to say as time went on there was no sign of car being built. We were getting worried about the depreciation of our car that had been valued at £12,500 in January, when the deal was made.

We phoned dealer at the start of May to be told that our trade in car was still valued at £12,500(This is when our Yeti should have been built).

Today we have been told that our Yeti is built but our car is now only worth £11,500. We will not be receiving the Yeti until August some time.

However, we are expected to make up the £1000 difference, even though Skoda are 2 months late with our delivery. Surely we are not being unreasonable in expecting them to cover the shortfall. After all it is their delay, not ours. Anyone had similar experience? or anyone got any views on this? Compensation etc. To me, once the deal is agreed it should be honoured however long the factory takes to make the new car!!

Thanks

Not 100% sure but I think you should be able to trade the car in for the £12500 on the date the Yeti was meant to be delivered and then Skoda UK through your dealer should supply you with a courtesy car, but only after the yeti as been delayed for x weeks. Check your small print.

Not counting...but this is the 3rd time you've asked exactly the same question.

Sorry, thought we'd posted in the wrong bit before...LOL And we are very upset about the delay etc of course!!! :)

Not 100% sure but I think you should be able to trade the car in for the £12500 on the date the Yeti was meant to be delivered and then Skoda UK through your dealer should supply you with a courtesy car, but only after the yeti as been delayed for x weeks. Check your small print.

just have an order form with no small print at all!!!. :( my wife bought a new care from VW and there was loads of small print on that!

Contact Skoda UK and tell them.. They can't do this as they have 'broken' the contract by not supplying the goods on the date agreed. As above they should have your trade in and give you a courtesy/hire car until the car is delivered.

Not counting...but this is the 3rd time you've asked exactly the same question.

Sorry to go on about this but have you just been told to find £1000 in a few weeks when only working part time. The post was originally made as I had concerns about the situation back in January when the journey began. How can a dealer give a future-proof amount on a car when there is no fixed date for it's replacement? That is the problem.

But a dealer should have enough knowledge to know a:- how long it will take from order to delivery and b:- the approximate trade in value of your car at that time. Usually it won't be the price that they would want to pay but the price that another dealer would be prepared to underwrite the deal for. If on the new car order form that you signed to say you want the car, it states the figures involved including the trade in price, then they are stuck to that price as the form is a legally binding contract between you and them to provide the goods at the agreed cost. If you were to change the deal then they would certainly want their tuppence worth out of you if they could get it.

Ian

Unless you have it in writing from the dealer that the px value is guaranteed, I can't see you still getting the £12.5k px.

TBH if I were a dealer I wouldn't be happy to offer a guaranteed px on a vehicle for delivery several months hence - unless I'd screwed you back to a rock bottom price ;)

The dealer will have revalued your px on the basis of its current market value, no doubt. If you want him to honour his original price that'll mean he'll be taking a £1k hit on his margin? No?

Sellers market still on Yetis isn't it?

Sorry if I sound unsympathetic - just being realistic :thumbup:

I haven't px'd a car for the last 30 years to minimise my 'cost to change' - which is the all important figure.

But a dealer should have enough knowledge to know a:- how long it will take from order to delivery and b:- the approximate trade in value of your car at that time. Usually it won't be the price that they would want to pay but the price that another dealer would be prepared to underwrite the deal for. If on the new car order form that you signed to say you want the car, it states the figures involved including the trade in price, then they are stuck to that price as the form is a legally binding contract between you and them to provide the goods at the agreed cost. If you were to change the deal then they would certainly want their tuppence worth out of you if they could get it.

Ian

Thanks for input countryboy. Prob is that the paperwork shows the numbers but now the car is built, (as of the moment we went for a revalue!!) we are being told that the numbers are now all changed. Have contacted SKoda UK, sent e-mail to CEO, and hope for a mutual resolve. There just seems to be no set policy across the dealers re what they can and can't do to stick to any agreements.Sad. Making drivers happy/ They can do if you buy second hand and the vehical is there on the forecourt. Might just get another VRS Fabia (would be third) and a Jiminy for winter

whatever you decide to do - I wish you luck.

My first port of call would be at the dealer's desk and discuss it calmly yet assertively from all angles, and yes, ask for the deal to be honoured - or "escalate`' it to a higher authority.

good luck m'boy, with this.

I suspect you will not be the only person with this problem.

In todays Autocar it says that the used car market is taking a big hit in values.

As much as an 8% drop in values in the last month?:doh:

hi all, we ordered a yeti elegance on 10th January 2011 and were given an estimated delivery date of 6th June 2011.

Needless to say as time went on there was no sign of car being built. We were getting worried about the depreciation of our car that had been valued at £12,500 in January, when the deal was made.

We phoned dealer at the start of May to be told that our trade in car was still valued at £12,500(This is when our Yeti should have been built).

Today we have been told that our Yeti is built but our car is now only worth £11,500. We will not be receiving the Yeti until August some time.

However, we are expected to make up the £1000 difference, even though Skoda are 2 months late with our delivery. Surely we are not being unreasonable in expecting them to cover the shortfall. After all it is their delay, not ours. Anyone had similar experience? or anyone got any views on this? Compensation etc. To me, once the deal is agreed it should be honoured however long the factory takes to make the new car!!

Thanks

Hi Underworld, I had exactly the same problem with a Cardiff dealership last year. My Yeti Elegance kept getting delayed and I was eventually told that I would have to take what Part Ex they'd give me when the car arrived - which would be almost 10 months after order, and considerably less than the original figure. There were other problems at the garage with the Sales manager leaving etc, but although they at first assured me they would honour the Part Ex they soon changed their minds. I wrote and complained and was frankly shocked by the reply I received from the Directors of the garage - it was as if I was to blame for the whole debacle! All they wanted to do was give me my deposit back and for me to go away! I wrote to Skoda UK but had to joy from them either. I did walk away from that garage and eventually ordered my Yeti from a Newport dealer who were much better to deal with and they did honour the Part Ex deal although the car still had a delay in delivery. I think you probably will have to pay the £1k if you want the car ! As someone else has said its a sellers market with the Yeti - but as customers we should be entitled to good service and not be treated as though they are doing us a favour in selling us a Skoda car. I wish you luck.

In todays Autocar it says that the used car market is taking a big hit in values.

tell me about it. I have been trying to sell my 12 year old Polo for 8 months now. One year after I bought it, it is now almost sold (waiting for money) for 48% of what I paid for it....emoticon-0106-crying.gif

James might have given me more in PX emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

tell me about it. I have been trying to sell my 12 year old Polo for 8 months now. One year after I bought it, it is now almost sold (waiting for money) for 48% of what I paid for it....emoticon-0106-crying.gif

James might have given me more in PX emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

For a 12 yr old Polo to lose 48% in 1 year. They must have seen you coming when you bought it and screwed you on price.

Certain cars have taken huge drops which isn't great news if you underwrote a car several months ago! GULP!

When I ordered my car in December 2009 the garage in Cardiff I bought it from told me they would honour the PX price even though they knew it would be about 4 months wait. To be fair they agreed this knowing that I was doing about 1000 miles a month at least in the car.

When I ordered my car in December 2009 the garage in Cardiff I bought it from told me they would honour the PX price even though they knew it would be about 4 months wait. To be fair they agreed this knowing that I was doing about 1000 miles a month at least in the car.

And with due respect to James, I don't think (that m)any dealers conclude deals that leave themselves short in the pocket, even with market changes. At the end of the day, it is up to a manufacturer to meet market demand and to accommodate any difficulties faced by franchised dealers because of supply and demand. I'd be interested to know how many Skoda franchises have gone bust in the last few years and how many of the salesforce have been made redundant - I suspect very few indeed, on both counts.

... I'd be interested to know how many Skoda franchises have gone bust in the last few years and how many of the salesforce have been made redundant - I suspect very few indeed, on both counts.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Left-lurch-sudden-closure-Bristol-Skoda-garage/story-11265467-detail/story.html

Has happened...

If they have broken the terms of the agreement then they need to know you will walk away. They may say that is fine as they can sell it elsewhere but they may have to sell it at a reduced price. If you desperately want the car then you may have to stump up the difference, if not then put it down to a bad experience and walk away. A harsh situation for you and not one to endear the dealer to you whichever way this ends.