OEM Skoda Lowering Springs

I just received a message from a guy in germany that is selling a kit like above

"Hi, these are the original springs from Skoda that were in the car when I bought it from my Skoda dealer"

They are off a 1.6TDI

I've got a hatch in India.

But the ride height we have here as standard is 165mm.. If I do go for these lowering springs, do I get a 20-30 mm drop from my 165mm or are these lowering springs only for uk spec (145mm- I think) shocks and dampers...and therefore giving me a drop of 145 less 20-30mm ??

Also I want to know, whatever lowering springs I use, is it safe to have my dampers compressed by 30mm ?? What effect would that have on the life and longetivity of the dampers ....

For those who actually changed their normal suspension to eibach, can you please comment your pros and cons.

having 16"rims, means that lowering would have to change to 17"

I have some red spring from skoda for sale. Eibach confirmed they are for the hatchback, I presumed they we were for an estate but was wrong.

That doesn't seem right to me. Red is definaetly for the estate.

I thought that, and queried it with Eibach. However had a few people say that the estates springs also had est rear stamped on the rear spring. The ones I have don't and use a different part number than other rear estate springs I have seen to.

I've got a hatch in India.

But the ride height we have here as standard is 165mm.. If I do go for these lowering springs, do I get a 20-30 mm drop from my 165mm or are these lowering springs only for uk spec (145mm- I think) shocks and dampers...and therefore giving me a drop of 145 less 20-30mm ??

Also I want to know, whatever lowering springs I use, is it safe to have my dampers compressed by 30mm ?? What effect would that have on the life and longetivity of the dampers ....

No one ?

No one ?

Elegance models(16" rims) have a diferent height than Sports models

Sports models have sports suspension along with 17" rims

VRS may be the same height as the Sport versions

Using Eibach pro-kit springs

Means that on the Elegance the drop is 30mm

Sports are 20mm drop

VRS drop 20mm

Now, each model have a certain spring because of the weight of the car.

The springs for a 1.2,1.4,1.6 and 1.6TDI aren´t the same as bigger engines

For bigger engines the springs are stiffer to handle the extra weight.

I was told this as I was recomended for my 1.6tdi the same springs for the 1.2,1.4 and 1.6 gas.

Ok so now I'm mo confused .!

The eibachs are made with uk spring setup, I understand diff models would give a diff degree of drop .. But now I know for sure that the springs here in India are completely different as compared to the EU springs because we get more GC ...

So if I went ahead and got springs that were supposed to be lowering springs for EU would that get my ride height down to 145mm(standard ride height of the octy) or do I run a risk of going still lower and then having my dampers compressed by a lot.

Also am I right in thinking that since skoda itself is providing the lowering springs ... A 20-30mm drop on the standard dampers is alright ?

Ok so now I'm mo confused .!

The eibachs are made with uk spring setup, I understand diff models would give a diff degree of drop .. But now I know for sure that the springs here in India are completely different as compared to the EU springs because we get more GC ...

So if I went ahead and got springs that were supposed to be lowering springs for EU would that get my ride height down to 145mm(standard ride height of the octy) or do I run a risk of going still lower and then having my dampers compressed by a lot.

Also am I right in thinking that since skoda itself is providing the lowering springs ... A 20-30mm drop on the standard dampers is alright ?

i dont think it matters to the dampers, as they are just that dampers.. (the springs are doing the work)

once they are not all the way down and hopping off the bottom of the tube i would imagine they are fine,

• 1 month later...

Being in India, i have to deal with the octavias sitting at 165mm!! If i were to go for the eibach pro kit would the height drop from my current height of 165mm or is a fixed drop of 20mm from 145mm (as in the EU octavias). Excuse me if this is a stupid question but in India the roads are pathetic and theres no way we can have our cars sitting at 125mm!!

This pic will give you an Idea of how our cars have been lifted to deal with the bad roads and the consequent ugliness we have to live with!!

post-75253-0-99330300-1334978271_thumb.jpg

Edited by vinj14

Can you find out the part number for the damper? Cross reference

I'd suspect they are the same just on a cost element.

I'd try the eibachs - be prepared for a big drop over standard Indian ride height!

Ask about for second hand standard non vrs springs on the forum? Imagine post to India wouldn't be that silly?

Can you find out the part number for the damper? Cross reference

I'd suspect they are the same just on a cost element.

I'd try the eibachs - be prepared for a big drop over standard Indian ride height!

Ask about for second hand standard non vrs springs on the forum? Imagine post to India wouldn't be that silly?

If anyone could share the part number of standard octavia springs (non-vrs) that would be really helpful. Also, if anyone upgrading to eibachs is willing to sell their old springs then please let me know!!!!

Edited by vinj14

If any one could share the part number of the EU spec non vrs octavia 2 f/l damper that would be really useful. If its the same as the one we use in India then just fitting the EU octavia hatch springs should bring down my height to 145mm from 165mm.

If anyone could share the part number of standard octavia springs (non-vrs) that would be really helpful. Also, if anyone upgrading to eibachs is willing to sell their old springs then please let me know!!!!

i'm selling my factory vrs springs - however i'd b scared to find postage costs from australia to india for a set of springs.

i had the eibach prokit (E10-79-004-02-22) installed recently (1000kms ago).

eibach_0681.jpg

Would you know the standard factory ground clearance on your VRs ??

standard - 140mm

vrs (liftback) - 127mm

vrs (wagon) - 128mm

scout - 179mm

4x4 - 163mm

these r factory numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had Skoda/Eibach springs fitted to my combi/estate non-Vrs Mk 2 and can confirm that the drop is around 30mm from standard.

The box was plain white but had an official looking Skoda sticker on and part numbers on the springs matched the box.

The springs are red!

The rear springs have 'Est' after the part number.

As far as I can tell Eibach never made a 'Sportline' set for the 1Z Octavia...

Ride is much better when cornering, accelerating or stopping. A lot less body movement and much more confident in driving. It is a little bit harsher over bumps, but that could be because I had OE springs on 112k miles replace with new Bilstein B4's at the same time. Either way, the wife and kids haven't noticed any difference!

There is a slight increase in 'bounce' but again that's probably more due to the dampers than the springs.

When I get Internet back up I'll post some pictures to show he difference and the springs.

• 1 month later...