J5's Roomster Scout - **SOLD**

Jonny5ive

Ok, so I took the chrome grille off :rofl:

A handy tip for anyone removing this part on a Mk2 fabia/Roomster, use a small 6mm IIRC socket to push onto the plastic fasteners and the pop off with ease :thumbup:

IMAG0680_zpsx4xhp6fu.jpg

Ordered up some replacement pressed plates too as these ones have started to de-laminate and the white part has separated from the the black :thumbdown:

• Like 1

How'd you find the primer stuff Johnny, as the finish looks better then I've achieved before just using the normal stuff :)

Thank you!

I was umming and ahhing about getting the primer to be honest, but did a bit of reading and the primer is recommended for non porous surfaces and apparently "boosts adhesion by upto 400%" so I thought why not give it a go.

You can see from the earlier photos that although is labelled 'grey' it's actually quite translucent.

Worth noting that I've comandered the downstairs loo to use as my sprayshop, consequently all items being sprayed are warm, and the tins of spray have been sat on top of the radiator between applications.

I've also used brand new bits and been very careful to only handle them with gloves on.

I also gave the grille a wipe down with one of those alcohol cleaning wipes from an old first aid kit beforehand too. Whether that made any difference or not, who knows??

It has certainly turned out better this time around versus some earlier attempts of mine.

• Like 1

Come on...!!! Where are the pictures with the grille fitted...:)

:no:

They'll not be going on until...

A. I've used the rest of the tin of PlastiDip on the front grille.

B. The vRoomster has been to the local 'hand job' outfit for a clean.

I'm not keen on the industrial strength TFR stripping off all of my hard work so soon! :)

• Like 1

Thank you!

I was umming and ahhing about getting the primer to be honest, but did a bit of reading and the primer is recommended for non porous surfaces and apparently "boosts adhesion by upto 400%" so I thought why not give it a go.

You can see from the earlier photos that although is labelled 'grey' it's actually quite translucent.

Worth noting that I've comandered the downstairs loo to use as my sprayshop, consequently all items being sprayed are warm, and the tins of spray have been sat on top of the radiator between applications.

I've also used brand new bits and been very careful to only handle them with gloves on.

I also gave the grille a wipe down with one of those alcohol cleaning wipes from an old first aid kit beforehand too. Whether that made any difference or not, who knows??

It has certainly turned out better this time around versus some earlier attempts of mine.

Yeah I've always been abit disappointed when using just plastidip, might have to try some of this a try too cheers

Worth noting that I've comandered the downstairs loo to use as my sprayshop, consequently ..........

.....the cistern, loo seat and handle have also been plasti-dipped but they look damn good !!!!

• Like 2

:no:

They'll not be going on until...

A. I've used the rest of the tin of PlastiDip on the front grille.

B. The vRoomster has been to the local 'hand job' outfit for a clean.

I'm not keen on the industrial strength TFR stripping off all of my hard work so soon! :)

I might need your advice on how to PlastiDip as I'm thinking about doing my wing mirror covers and maybe the grill. I still need to work out how to remove the wing mirror covers and buy some that are already primed.

Looking forward to seeing the car once everything is fitted ;)

• Like 1

I might need your advice on how to PlastiDip as I'm thinking about doing my wing mirror covers and maybe the grill. I still need to work out how to remove the wing mirror covers and buy some that are already primed.

Looking forward to seeing the car once everything is fitted ;)

For me patience & preparation is the key with it. That, and I've used brand spanking new parts.

I tried PlastiDip on the chrome grille before with it in situ. It looked good, and promptly peeled off mid journey somewhere along the A34 in a rainstorm :'(

I've had the new chrome grille for almost a year knowing that one day I'd get round to doing it. If I were you I'd source the parts you want dipped so that you can work on them whilst not worrying (and in my case rushing) about getting the car back to normal. :thumbup:

Thanks Matty.

More spraying today. Pictures show 4 coats of PlastiDip.

4-5 is recommended but I think that I'll keep applying coats until the can runs out as the grille is most prone to stone chips etc.

Looking mean :devil:

IMAG0683_zpsgjck6aoj.jpg

IMAG0684_zpsv3rpkmek.jpg

IMAG0685_zpsrcwt6dnb.jpg

Barrie,nice job, seeing as you have soooo much time on your hands, maybe I can pop round and you "can" do mine. :notme: