age of the person who drives a fabia vrs or monte carlo

curs

I'm 36. Monte 1.6 CR TDI.

One thing I'd say - Admiral (in my experience) are only cheap for a year, they tend to get you at renewal time.

I can't remember what I pay (£300 ish), but tips to keep it down:

1. Shop around - run your details through more than one comparison website.

2. Go direct to the cheapest quotes on the comparison sites.

3. Add someone else - you're driving it less, especially good if they are a "sensible" driver. Play with the options - add your wife/girlfriend/Mum/Dad. Some variables will work out, others not so well.

4. Try and get the car on a driveway or in a garage (obviously not always possible).

5. Postcode is king - I move around a lot and I have, in the last year, paid an increase after moving, then another to move back to a similar area, but crucially the difference between SP/SN/SO postcodes was interesting...

Yep Admiral are ******s. Paid approx 350 quid to insure our Fabia vRS estate with them; swapped to an Octavia vRS Blackline estate DSG, 70 quid admin fee to do so.....renewal came through.....700 quid. Wouldnt budge on the price so told them to stick it.

I'm with Admiral and their renewal was £480. Found on a comparison with them for £390 so they matched it. I still think it's way too high. May change when I get to 25 but NCB isn't doing that much

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 26yr now, Admiral charging me £382 on TMC'd, ITG Maxogen CAI & RARB for fully comp, 8k mi, 2 named drivers, 1 non-fault claim and 6yr NCB. Group B postcode. (£99 just to add the TMC, other mods where no charge).

Re post #233,

maybe when Big Jase becomes an old fart himself, he will then realize that old farts might care not one jot about 'trying to be young',

they already had their fun when they were young and can still have fun when they get older.

Its just that they can do it, without bothering about what others think about what they wear or drive.

george

32 here, 2010 Rallye Green VRS,

I also found it pickles insurance companies brains I saved £300 moving to the furbster from a 1.6HDI Peugeot 5008??????

I know what you mean. I also saved money on insurance moving from a Ford Focus 1.8 zetec, which had a lot less power.

I had a quote for a Polo Gti and an Ibiza Cupra before deciding on the Fabia, They were massively more expensive to insure! For what is essentially the same car.

I know what you mean. I also saved money on insurance moving from a Ford Focus 1.8 zetec, which had a lot less power.

I had a quote for a Polo Gti and an Ibiza Cupra before deciding on the Fabia, They were massively more expensive to insure! For what is essentially the same car.

Maybe Admiral sympathise with the amount of extra cash we will be shelling out for oil/tailpipe cleaning products : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...