Average age of vrs owners?

brocky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 23 bought my first octavia vrs just over a month ago ive always wanted one too i love em and now i own one love it even more its a 55 reg one of the last and the best car iv ever owned.. I have 2yrs ncb and im paying just over £1000 with 3 points and a claim..

26 - Bought it when i was still 25.

I can see why people would see the Octavia in its various guises as being a bit of an "Old Man's Car", but the fact is that the vRS is one of the few, good quality, quick cars that can be had quite cheaply, ran quite cheaply and not cost a bomb to insure, if you are on the younger side.

22 now 23 and going to be a vRS owner for many years to come yet

My 20 year plan....

Audi RS4 (if they are cheap enough) or a Vauxhall VXR8 if petrol still exists and I can afford it. with a diesel audi estate.

Lamborghini gallardo with a 1.4TSI engined something or other.

Bought the first vRS (Fabia) when I was 19... a few cars later and I have just bought another this time Octavia vRS age 24.

Currently sat on the drive is a 1995 Volvo 850 T5-R and a 2002 Octavia vRS... some say I am stark raving mad! B)

Got my vRS back in 2005 New as a Lance Jack promotion presi to myself after seeing one on Catterick Garrison.

Was going for a new MG ZS 180 but that was gonna be 18k and didnt even have cruise controle so went round the corner to the Skoda place on st andrews rd and put my name down for one. 13.5K new with cruise, met paint, reverse sensors.

I was 21/22 at the time and had 4yr NCB and payed £1100.

Now I am 2......7 (had to think there) with 9yr NCB (accidentally forgot about insurance for 6 month till I arranged a test drive of one of these, thought it was auto renew like the first year DOH) and I am paying about £600 ish iirc all mods declared and covered.

Love her to bits and even tho I sometimes think I should strip her down(would never sell as a whole as I couldnt bare to see anyone else drive her) I soon reconsider after a steady drive about.

Whats not to love/ they are mahoosive really and tick all the boxes, Looks stunning too and when driven right last ages and give good returnes....... till you mess with them.

OP you should add a Poll to this thread lol

Edit oh and I have 6 points and a large fine too :S (not big and not clever)

Bought mine at 25 and still have it at 33,longest I've owned a vehicle and its been a great car,only slight regret I have is I chose this due to wanting something newer instead of buying an E30 M3 which I've always wanted to own and at the time I bought the octy for 10k I could of got the M3 for 6-7k and now the M3 is worth 10k upwards and the octys worth about 2k if I was lucky,you live and learn lol but no doubt keep the octy until it dies :)

I was also 21 when I bought mine. This seems to be quite a common age for buying one. Maybe this is why my renewal on the Octavia was more than the V70.

I see another Skoda/Volvo R owner... what do you think of the V70R? I have an 850 T5-R, lovely car, however always aspired to the much greater (and newer) u70 series.

Had mine just over a year now 49 years old then , sold a real nice v70 170hp. brought after driving sons vrs

goal is to own volvo 850 R estate or a yellow volvo T5-R estate. both old cars now but at 250hp standed back in 90s could still given alot of new cars a run for there money pmsl. do like my vrs always put a smile on my face when driving her. :)

I sold mine earlier this year but bought it when I was 26 (am 29 now)

Insurance was over £1000 when I bought it as I had 6 points and only a year NCD but it was down to £530 by the time I sold it.

I bought mine because I wanted a Fabia VRS but they were £8000+ at the time whereas the Octy was only £5000 and the dealer pointed out I could get 34mpg out of it plus it was bigger, better performance and more comfy than a Furb. Best car I've ever owned I reckon.

I see another Skoda/Volvo R owner... what do you think of the V70R? I have an 850 T5-R, lovely car, however always aspired to the much greater (and newer) u70 series.

It's in a whole different league to the Octavia, but it was double the price when new so should be. I really liked the octavia but love this. As I say it is almost twice as powerful but less to insure so I'm a happy camper.

I like 850 T5-R's, they seem to be quite rare especially in canary.

Had mine just over a year now 49 years old then , sold a real nice v70 170hp. brought after driving sons vrs

goal is to own volvo 850 R estate or a yellow volvo T5-R estate. both old cars now but at 250hp standed back in 90s could still given alot of new cars a run for there money pmsl. do like my vrs always put a smile on my face when driving her. :)

What really got me looking at R's was being annihilated by a P1 v70R from the lights. As I say canary 850 are lovely but very rare.

It's in a whole different league to the Octavia, but it was double the price when new so should be. I really liked the octavia but love this. As I say it is almost twice as powerful but less to insure so I'm a happy camper.

I like 850 T5-R's, they seem to be quite rare especially in canary.

What really got me looking at R's was being annihilated by a P1 v70R from the lights. As I say canary 850 are lovely but very rare.

I have always been a fan of the "Gull" yellow 850's. It was the BTCC that raised my interest in Volvo's. As such I have owned six of them.

The current T5-R:

IMAG0030800x600.jpg

The Skoda I have to say doesnt even come close to the build quality of the Volvo despite the huge age difference and neither is it as quick, both have their own merrits though.

At present I am preparing a BTCC Volvo Race replica.

Interesting you mension cheaper insurance, my T5-R too is cheaper than the vRS despite being a higher category, bigger engine and more bhp?

I got 4 years NCB, and it costs me just under 800 quid for the insurance.

I am 28 and have owned my octavia TDI pd 130 for 4 years and with 10 years ncb it still cost £500 fully com to insure. £200 more then it did last year,

I am 50 bought it 5 years ago( longest I have kept a car, but keep modding. Insurance £239, with 6 points :( but I do little milage ( under 2000) do 12000 cycling a year !

40 years old on my fourth Octy VRS had a new one in 2001 another new one in 2002 another new one in 2006 and now have an older 2002 black magic VRS. So you could say I like them a lot ! Insurance is £650 ish with 6 points.