arm rest

n2eav

hi i am thinking of getting an arm rest for the vrs i have but i unsure of what it would look like and is it worth it does anyone have pics that i can see what it looks like would be greatful thansk.

If you use the arm rest please do not put loose £1 coins in it, as it will lock the armrest closed.

This happens when you raise the armrest and then bring it down again, a coin will have lodged in the hinge, preventing the armrest from opening again.

I do have the remedy, if required.

I did post this earlier, but a reminder is probably appropriate.

Regards

Tony :thumbup:

If you use the arm rest please do not put loose £1 coins in it, as it will lock the armrest closed.

This happens when you raise the armrest and then bring it down again, a coin will have lodged in the hinge, preventing the armrest from opening again.

I do have the remedy, if required.

I did post this earlier, but a reminder is probably appropriate.

Regards

I have a penny stuck but it still opens, a remedy would be helpful :thumbup:

Hello! I picked up my VRS on Friday which was an Ex-demo car. unfortunately it wasn't fitted with an arm rest... Gutted! Just wondering if it's possible to get one fitted? If so would it be best to take it to a dealership, or is it a pretty simple order and bolt on job? Cheers

I have a vRS estate with the factory fitted armrest and I have to say it's the one option I could really do without. We never use it as it fouls the handbrake so badly. Do you move it up and down at junctions or just work round it?

1324246712[/url]' post='2615770']

Hello! I picked up my VRS on Friday which was an Ex-demo car. unfortunately it wasn't fitted with an arm rest... Gutted! Just wondering if it's possible to get one fitted? If so would it be best to take it to a dealership, or is it a pretty simple order and bolt on job? Cheers

1324255021[/url]' post='2615872']

I have a vRS estate with the factory fitted armrest and I have to say it's the one option I could really do without. We never use it as it fouls the handbrake so badly. Do you move it up and down at junctions or just work round it?

Sounds like there may be a deal to be done!

hi robl would you ever consider selling your arm rest

Sorry didn't really want to sell it. For me it came under the catagory of a cheap upgrade that might add value to a resale, as I understand it's something that some people don't like to live without even if there are compromises. That said not sure I'd go to the trouble of retro fitting it. But living in hope someone has a technique that makes it more useable.

i have arm rest, found it got in the way for putting seat belt for first few days, but now i've got used to it and it's fine. Other than that it's perfect, right hight and size

Only ever use hand break when parking up. Still able to reach it when setting off as well

I've never got on with armrests, only ever had them in hire cars previously. However I have also always had manuals so regularly reaching down to change gear and using the handbrake when stopped for anything more than a few seconds.

We have a sort of arm rest on the wife's Rav4 but it is further back so not in the way and not really an arm rest but it is cavernous which is quite useful. I do miss the drawer under the radio and passenger seat in my old furby, just got to be a bit more organised and tidy with the vRS!

I have an Elegance estate and just like you the arm rest stays permanently up.

I can operate the handbrake with the arm rest down but it is not easy, particularly pulling it on. Maybe if I did regular long motorway journeys I would remember the arm rest is there and use it.

I use my armrest most of the time.

In long traffic delays I might raise it and use the handbrake, but you have to move to neutral first, or you will damage the clutches; this is too laborious for most situations, so I tend to use the foot brake, as do all automatic drivers.

On long journeys I can rest both elbows and still have both hands on the wheel in great comfort.

A must have IMHO.

Damage the clutches?

I know I am not familiar with your cars system but typically, you SHOULD pull the handbrake up PRIOR to releasing the gears... This is a standard safety issue as releasing the gears first leaves you in a situation where the car can roll off unsecured! Brake to a halt, handbrake on, gears in neutral... This is standard teaching practice for ANY driving instructor! B) You may possibly LEAVE an auto in gear when stopped for a short time, but still, the handbrake should be applied... even more so if you could move off accidentally!

To say ALL automatic drivers use the footbrake is not only misleading, it is wrong!

Stopping with the foofbrake, you can dazzle the driver behind you but also, and this is VERY important, if you are at the beginning of a queue and a drivir behind you fails to stop, shunting you forward, it is very easy to slip off the footbrake and strike a pedestrian or a vehicle crossing your path.

Edited by mrgf