Stolen Wheels

Can

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compair the picture and you'll see it though.

It's the age old typical EBay bull**** of calling something what it aint because they think it'll make more money.

Obviously your contents needs to cover outbuildings......if you have outbuildings, you make sure you take out extra cover. Jetwash, wheels, detailing stuff, bike, lawnmower etc all add up.

yes i fully agree but if you read the terms its usually for recognized stuff like lawnmowers, try claiming for a pushbike, its got to be added so i doubt expensive car wheels will be covered

not trying to argue or anything but people need to be sure of their cover if this is where they will place them, dont take it for granted that there covered, alloy wheels are not your run of the mill shed contents

yes i fully agree but if you read the terms its usually for recognized stuff like lawnmowers, try claiming for a pushbike, its got to be added so i doubt expensive car wheels will be covered

not trying to argue or anything but people need to be sure of their cover if this is where they will place them, dont take it for granted that there covered, alloy wheels are not your run of the mill shed contents

Oh yeah of course, i have a limit for outbuildings claims (think it is £2k or something) and seperate cover up to £1500 for pushbikes as this also covers away from home then for when i am out or they were to get nicked off the roof of my car...

yes and i bet the push bikes was an extra to the premium, you just make it sound like its a done deal when infact it may be extra and i just hope people check this out instead of thinking their as lucky as you. i for one know my policy isnt as good as yours

Excuse my ignorance, what is the difference between vRS and Monte Carlo alloys?

To begin with they are listed as two different items. The vRS are Gigaros, while the MC's are called Trinities.

The difference in shape between them is how the "spokes" end to meet the wheel, here is a photo of the vRS gigaros:

1321011193.jpg

and one of the Trinity:

1309956633_5J0071496A_w170_h170.jpg

I have to say that this ebay listing sounds quite suspicious though, "pickup from X junction on Y highway only???" What is that drug dealing? Could they actually be vRS wheels as the title states but being shown on purpose a MC photo in order to confuse its owner from findin them? Just a thought...

Edited by newbie69

• 2 weeks later...

No need to lock them to the tree itself, just run a really thick wire cable (plastic coated) - the type used for bike locks through them with a decent disc padlock on them.

416ZcfM1usL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31YNRthL0ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Whilst the Disc lock is good, that wire isn't. There's a good reason that the cycle forums call those licorice cables...

This thread on LFGSS has details on good locks: http://www.lfgss.com/thread17938.html I'd look at the chains, rather than the dlocks in this case though.

I messaged the guy and he said they are the Monte wheels not the vrs

What also made me laugh and would have been good to put in your message to him is this quote on his advertisement

"These alloys will noticeably increase your fuel economy and will make your car stand out from the crowd."

What sort of MPG am i expecting if i change my VRS Wheels for these more "Fuel Economic Wheels"? as they both weight the same and are the same size lol

Edited by Kie

Haha yea should have really. Must be that the spokes are ergonomicly designed to cut through the air more efficiently. More likely is some one buys them but their to big and rub the arches so can only drive at 20mph.

I'm almost tempted to buy something of him just to see what a plank he is.

I Messaged the seller too

Here is his response:

I know these are monte carlo alloys, i was told after i listed them.

I cant amend the ad as bids have been placed

IF YOU WANT THEM BID,IF NOT DONT.

Ebay has not removed them so i dont care

My reply:

You rude ******!!Only trying to help!!

Its a very dodgy ad too

Why the pick up on the motorway junction?

Where did you get them?

Mmmmmmm

His reply:

Your the rude ****!

If you ment to help, thanks but it didnt sound that way.

If i knew from day 1 they were of a monte carlo i would have said so.

If you read the listing or look at my feedback i sell lots of vw audi seat and skoda parts!!!

Pick at the motorway because my garage is near the city center and there is usually lots of traffic, trying to make it easy for people.

Not everyone is a criminal!!!

- bug_parts

I Messaged the seller too

Here is his response:

My reply:

You rude ******!!Only trying to help!!

Its a very dodgy ad too

Why the pick up on the motorway junction?

Where did you get them?

Mmmmmmm

His reply:

Should have asked were he got the idea these alloys would save you money on fuel? were he got that idea from i dont know lol