Sweeping Dials on Start-Up

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible for the sweeping dials on start-up can be enabled on 2006 Mk2 Octy VRS, like they are on the facelift. Can this be done with the VCDS or is it going to be a lot of hassle. They look really cool on the new ones, and would quite like that bit of drama every time i start mine up.

Cheers

:)

• 5 months later...

A dealer will probably tell you it cannot be done, by all means ask .... then get someone with VCDS to activate all the bits that Skoda say cannot be done.

I have this on my 3 week old Peugeot. The novelty soons wears off. if the feature stopped tomorrow (which being a Peugeot is quite probable!) I doubt I would even notice. I think I can turn the feature on and off from the cars dash menu and steering wheel controls.

Edited by OCScene

Just looked it up on YouTube - looks fairly cool, but can see that the novelty value would soon wear off.

Now, on the basis that it seems to be available on FL but not ore FL, anyone know where the LE stands, or late ore FL DSGs (as I understand it these tend to have a largely fl interior, switchgear, etc.....

Actually, just seen another, and that's less impressive - so perhaps not worth it after all, depending which one you'll end up with.

Cool sweep:

OK sweep:

Excuse lack of proper linking - on phone.......

I checked my FL 1.8TSI's dials this morning and they do the OK sweep 4 posts above. In the cold light of day I can't see why I ever bothered with a feature which has novelty value only.

What is the point of sweeping needles, a hand out of the dash to give you a ***** would be better

Reckon there's one too many asterisks there - or did your typed word get beeped by the system?

We'vegot this feature on an Audi, and I agree that its a novelty. All I can think of is its one of those features which can get over used (100% in this case, but less so with auto headlights which often come on when parked in front of a dark garage door) and which is consequently more prone to failure once your warranty's lapsed.

Humbug....