32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

I have a full set too. What I feel is a slight twist in the rear axle in long high G cornering. The twist start gradual then the last bit is more like a step.

Wow, that's one seriously sensitive derriere to be able to feel all that ;)

I personally like chassis setups which are a little more compliant/less stiff in road going cars. I can push them more as they give me more and better graded warrning befor grip is lost. This way I can "catch" any "moment" in time and correct it smoothly without spinning or even fishtailing :)

Wow, that's one seriously sensitive derriere to be able to feel all that ;)

I personally like chassis setups which are a little more compliant/less stiff in road going cars. I can push them more as they give me more and better graded warrning befor grip is lost. This way I can "catch" any "moment" in time and correct it smoothly without spinning or even fishtailing :)

Man!! ... You reminded me with my old fabia :/ .. The car used to be on standard suspension and she was a wild one! ... I lost it unfortunately in a weird accident ... The one I have now has a very sticky front axle and breaks the tail very gradually.

If you can go and try VW Lupo, if you can master this one no other four wheels with an internal combustion engine will be a challenge lol. That thing was wilder than a SeaCat crossing the Channel during a particularly bad storm :D. Even the slighest of turns your body was screaming warnings as the car was about to roll :giggle: . It never did but body roll was epic!

• Like 1

Shame to spoil that beautiful paint work on yours,

but for a future project, how about a front door stretch, back door delete and some reconstruction or the rear.

george

I'm more tempted for wider fenders... :yes: the other day I was looking at an Audi and said to myself. "Mmmm if only copy, paste was possible in real life" :giggle:

Audi-S6-005.jpg

Today I got the bushes and spacers installed - only thing I can say is why on earth didn't I install them earlier???!

There was a minor hiccup with the spacers when fitted at the back but we found a cheap solution.

Will drive for one more day to collect "data" and give you more details plus pics.

Wider track limits the laterar dynamic weight transfer reducing body rollbut still keeping the chassis nice and compliant - you need to roll the arches now mate :)

It does look better now, granted.

Hod did you make sure that cut off old brake discs were perfectly central on the hubs if you cut out the middles? Or did I misunderstand?

I am asking as I found my vRS sensitive to miniuscule tyre balancing problems when travleing through Germany above 210kph (130mph) - annoying as I was trying to take her to the top speed but wasn't confident enough with wheel vibrations.

Thanx J

I will drive the car for a few more days before I decide to roll them - for the time being it's not giving me issues.

As for the disc center I probably didn't phrase that correctly - below a pic to illustrate what we cut out in red. Poor man's spacers. :giggle:

l5J1iyr.jpeg

Regarding the vibration, our tires are very flat, the stock profile is too low for my liking plus they are quite wide. Those and depending the road surface can cause vibrations.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 32KOFDATA,

That's one amazing car and THE best Fabia I've ever seen (in India we don't have the VRS, but the 1.4 MPI, the 1.2 (petrol, non-tsi, the 1.6 (petrol) and the 1.4 TDI sold here [skoda India recently stopped producing the Fabia due to losses on the vehicle].

Your car is an inspiration for me to keep my car for a long while and perform some modifications similar to what you've done (knowing I may not be able to match up to that quality of job). I do have 2 queries though.

How did you manage to get the boot level matt silver coated ring and the same matt silver coated ring on the console (tacho and speedometers) covered in Gloss black? How were you able to remove the plastic protective screen in front of the consoles and how did you apply the gloss film?

All of your modifications are tasteful and examplary. Glued onto your thread.

Are things like changing the climatic a/c (manual) controls to Climatronic (automatic climate control) and putting in a multi-function steering wheel also in the plans or are these kind of mods generally best stayed away from? I know putting another steering wheel is very risky and avoidable (with airbags and all involved) but want to know if the conversion to climatronic will be easy.

Many thanks

Ajay Karthick

(India)

post-96409-0-78429300-1373966877_thumb.jpg

post-96409-0-19552100-1373966889_thumb.jpg

Hello Ajay and thanx for the kind words.

The gear stick ring you can remove with a lot of care - you just lift it up with a prying tool from underneath.

As for the tacho you need to pull out the plastic behind the steering wheel, then the surround plastic of the tacho and then you will be able to unscrew the tacho itself.

The protective screen needs to be un-clipped and then you have access to the rings that can be pulled out with a bit of force.

The controls of my AC I think look fine, I like the buttons etc for now as for the multi-function steering wheel buttons that would be a nice addition but at the moment I don't care for it.

What I would like is another steering wheel, something sportier but it will cost a bit.

• Like 1

Ordered up some of those Oznium LED bolts in 16mm as 11mm are on back order and I'll give this a go on my Roomster :thumbup:

Indeed - those 11mm ones are so hard to get. Still haven't managed to buy at set, for another project.

If you need help while installing let me know :)

• Like 1

Hello Ajay and thanx for the kind words. The gear stick ring you can remove with a lot of care - you just lift it up with a prying tool from underneath. As for the tacho you need to pull out the plastic behind the steering wheel, then the surround plastic of the tacho and then you will be able to unscrew the tacho itself. The protective screen needs to be un-clipped and then you have access to the rings that can be pulled out with a bit of force. The controls of my AC I think look fine, I like the buttons etc for now as for the multi-function steering wheel buttons that would be a nice addition but at the moment I don't care for it. What I would like is another steering wheel, something sportier but it will cost a bit.

Hi there mate,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm going to be trying to put black gloss film on my car's interiors where there are the aluminium silver finished parts. I've read your posts and understand except for the a/c central vents garnish, everything else can be softly opened with a pry tool.

Only concerned about the tacho rings behind the steering. Sorry to bother you but how to 'un-clip' the plastic surround from the IP console? Would you be able to help explain that please? 

Thanks in advance.. ajay K

Edited by k_ajay

Only concerned about the tacho rings behind the steering. Sorry to bother you but how to 'un-clip' the plastic surround from the IP console? Would you be able to help explain that please? 

1. First you have to remove the top plastic part of your steering column. It is the one sitting right above your indicator/wiper switches.Just push it up and it will come off.

2. The end part is attached to a leather trim that comes with the plastic surround of the tacho pod. Remove that too, it unclips and then the steering column cover will be free.

3. Then remove the tacho pod surround by simply pulling it towards you. It is not easy as there are metallic clips holding it behind so force it a bit. Make sure you don't loose and of those metallic clips.

4. Unscrew the tacho, I think there are two screws holding in and then remove the 2 plugs behind it. I think taking off the leads from the battery before removing the plugs is a good idea.

5. Unclip the transparent facia, it is clear what you need to do soon as you see it and then pull out the rings. They need a bit of force, use your nails there is no other way around it.

Hope is helps.

• 5 weeks later...