32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

How did you manage to get an updated MFA? Can you give me a link or something? Does your new MFA function like a GPS?

You need to do:

Remote trunk opening, very easy mod (dont know if you have it): http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225737-fabia-remote-trunk-opening/

Footwell ligthning, cant see if you have this one?

Do you have the trunk hooks in the back? Or do you know how to order and install them?

Dennis

Hello Dennis! thanx man, it is always nice to hear words of appreciation - make my day. :)

Regarding the remote trunk at some point I had almost everything ready for installation - if you notice at the link you posted I managed to track down the springs and an installation guide but I realised that the mod simply puts too much force on the dampers and eventually wears them out too quick plus it is harder to close the trunk. Anyway maybe I'll try it maybe not.

Footwell lighting I did try and I didn't like it.

Yes I did install trunk hoods plus the compartments on the side walls. In order to install the hooks you need to remove the lip of the loading bay and then the side walls because you screw the hooks on the body of the car from the inside. It is a bit of a pain but worth it. I couldn't find the hooks online - only through my dealership.

what a beautiful car! especially with the r2000 bonnet!

Did you have the Rear drums as brakes prior to the conversion, or where you lucky to have the discs and just straight swap?

I'm currently deciding between cars, to move on from my MK5 GTI, and looking for something with style.

Rear brakes are defiantly a must for myself, as the idiots that seem to drive by my home.

any information would be great.

many thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan and thank you!

This Fabia (Sport Edition) came with rear discs. I think that only the 1.2 diesels come with drums but not 100% sure.

In your case from what I can tell the vRS would be your best choice for a number of reasons. A brake upgrade though is a good mod regardless.

Thanks for the reply, I need a diesel :( nothing wrong with them, but the trip to work is costing a bomb currently!!

Its a shame the disk upgrade is not possible on a Monte Carlo.. as they seem perfect with a little re-map for what I require.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, I need a diesel :( nothing wrong with them, but the trip to work is costing a bomb currently!!

Its a shame the disk upgrade is not possible on a Monte Carlo.. as they seem perfect with a little re-map for what I require.

I have a friend with a Monte 1.6tdi and a stage 1 ramap. He's a quick driver and doesnt have problems with the brakes at all. You're only going to suffer if you start driving like you stole it or go for track days.

32Kofdata - You are the man! Car looks fantastic and like everyone else has said, its 100% the best looking one around. I've got me a set of puddle lights on the way so will be following your guide. Do you know any VCDS codes that are useful?

• Like 1

Milerd

I have the 1.6d and have no probs with the brakes.

I to dont hang around and find the brakes ok for road use.

If you want better brakes for 1.6 you will need to think different car.

But then I would think your fuel ecconomy will go completely to pot.

[quote " I need a diesel :( nothing wrong with them, but the trip to work is costing a bomb currently!!"

So why the need for bigger brakes ????? Or brake modding that will cost many £££s.

Cd.

32Kofdata - You are the man! Car looks fantastic and like everyone else has said, its 100% the best looking one around. I've got me a set of puddle lights on the way so will be following your guide. Do you know any VCDS codes that are useful?

Thank mate for the kind words  :thumbup: Follow the diy and the puddle lights will be you best mod ever on the little Fabia :) Unfortunately I don't know the codes you request but what I did tweak on mine was change lane blinks from 3 to 5 and central locking on all doors above 15kmh. On your facelift chances are you got a couple more options to tweak - look in the Fabia section people have posted loads of codes.

• Like 1

Was driving home through the city yesterday right after our lunch with the missus.

Noticed a motorbike with two passengers on the right hand side rolling and checking out the Fabia.

They exchanged some words between them and then they both gave me a thumbs up... I blushed like a japanese school girl.  :giggle:

Next intersection we took our separate ways, 10secs that made my whole week.  :drunk:

Not surprised about that at all...You have the best MK2 Sport Looking Fabia in the whole world... :yes:

• Like 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it's the very first time that a complete stranger, two in this case show me their appreciation in such a way :)

Things like that which make your hard work, time and money worth it!

• Like 1

Amazing weather today, after weeks of cold, grey skys and muddy roads it reached 20C so I decided to grab early in the morning a cup of coffee and spend 3-4 hours cleaning up the car.  :party: 

eYKnFmV.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've found myself a new diy to keep me busy  :drunk:

Decided to replace my plain black switches with the chrome ones found in VWs. Thanx VW for not offering the same in Skodas  :wall:

I don't think it would be too much of a trouble to replace the red leds with green ones. /rant> Aaaanyways....

rYrLkKF.jpeg

Will get you more pics when I do the installation to show how it looks in the car. Hope everything works well.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

Linkey please for the switches.

Why not fit the hole Chinese one.

Is the quality not as good as Skoda's own.?

Edited by Carlo diesel