How Fast are Briskoda?

PastyBoy

Anyone who is not sure on noise levels, I really suggest a flying visit to an open track day for a free noise test.

Much better than making the trek to Bedford and getting told you can't run.

Most people should be fine, it's only when you put overly loud exhausts on usually. My Milltek on the Fabia is fine.

Got my confirmation today as well :) Any recommendation on which tow is good for the Fabia? cheers guys.

Just pop the driver side fog light surround out and screw the factory standard tow point in that's by your spare wheel. Rear one not needed.

That's what I do. :thumbup:

I used to race motor bikes racing all over the country and I would wipe the floor with you all.

Its all about corner speed carried (entry and exit very critical) even though i have the 1.6 fsi octavia you all wouldn't stand a chance.

BUT... I have a problem with my air bag warning light and her indoors said I cant take all her and the 3 kids in it on the track at the same time so unless I get it sorted the winner would have only been the first loser. :rofl:

Combe never check for a towing hook by the way. Only put one on if you're worried you might take a trip into the grass :giggle:

And at the MSV events at Brands Hatch they check for the towing point before they let you out of the pits...

It's not difficult to screw in the factory standard one in by the front OS foglight. (on a Fabia) :)

I used to race motor bikes racing all over the country and I would wipe the floor with you all.

Its all about corner speed carried (entry and exit very critical) even though i have the 1.6 fsi octavia you all wouldn't stand a chance.

BUT... I have a problem with my air bag warning light and her indoors said I cant take all her and the 3 kids in it on the track at the same time so unless I get it sorted the winner would have only been the first loser. :rofl:

Come on champ sell a few of your pots and get ya name down ya tight wad.lol

Knowing nothing about track days, but fancying getting the Fabia on one, how much am I likely to be looking at for a suitable helmet (I know nothing of regs, full face vs non-, etc). Got a tow strap now (just need to dismantle FMIC pipework to actually fit it), got a proper crashbar to fit (I doubt I'd be allowed on track with my chopped up one), so really I'd just be missing the helmet.

You may be able to borrow (or hire for £10) a helmet on the day.

You can at other MSV events I've been to.

In an enclosed car an open face one is fine.

They do not check crash bars, safety cells, airbags etc...

It's up to you to make sure your car is safe, you are driving it.

If you are going to book, phone the number and ask about a helmet.

Ah, I didn't think tracks would have things like helmets due to the expense of keeping a range of sizes/styles to suit different people :) I'll try and give them a bell and see if they do hire.

I figured no airbags would be fine, but just wasn't sure about the crash bar. If I ran off the track for example, the crashbar would offer more protection for the engine and there's less danger of busting a pipe and dropping any kind of fluids or whatever. I realise that the interior of the car is my problem as that's more about my own safety, but having a weaker crashbar could also have impacts on the condition of the track so I thought that would have to be in good condition :)

If you go off at the Bedford west circuit there is just grass... other than a short bit where you are very unlikely to crash by the pits.

That's why it's such a great circuit. Probably the safest one out there.

If you cook up anywhere else you have far more chance of hitting something solid.

And there we have problem number 2...having never done a track day and only just seeing this thread, I have no knowledge of any track, anywhere. Unless you count Laguna Seca having driving around it far too many times in Forza anyway :giggle: