The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

The BMW driver was a f*cking 4arse. So when you buy a Beamer you have to drive like a pr1ck on public roads AND tracks. Was there a swear jar in the car, all donations go to a new set of tyres, profanities everywhere :rofl:

Some quick cars there but it looked a bit more Mario Kart than a track session, some people really don't like being overtaken do they :smile:

The 'thing' is truly amazing.

• Like 1

Amazing the turn of speed that "thing" has.

There did appear to be a few knobs on the track though - don't think BMW drivers take kindly to being passed by a mere Yeti! :giggle:

Wacky-Races-Crash-and-Dash_Wii_US_SCAN-f

Whacky races indeed and we were the pigeon in that last session, the Yeti was more like a target than just another car on track.

You were lucky to get out alive Richard  :D

Still room for a bit of improvement. :)

With a bit of luck a forum member is going to give me some pointers and I'll be about two seconds faster.

Which is a huge difference on a lap time.

I'll have a quiet word at Bedford, Richard, we'll soon have you sorted   :)

..if you cover the big thick round black wotsit in front of him and the wibbily wobbily shiny stick next to him and the 3 rubbery thingummy jiggys on the floor he should be good to go.. :D

• Like 1

Also, after an hour at Snetterton and an hour at Combe my Federal RS-R are dead.

Swapped them over between the two days and have 1.8mm on the front and 2mm on the back...

So it's eaten a whole set in two hours.

I don't really want to start adding aero, so going to try something with a harder compound.

And experiement with pressures.

• Like 1

Mmm. I had this with my Kumho V700 hard compound tyres. Ended changing my driving style only slightly and it really helped. Having said that, it's a bit easier with 210bhp and 1100kg. Your thing is a monster  :D

Mmm. I had this with my Kumho V700 hard compound tyres. Ended changing my driving style only slightly and it really helped. Having said that, it's a bit easier with 210bhp and 1100kg. Your thing is a monster  :D

Well to be fair I've been driving it quite aggressively as I was trying to test it out and seeing if I could break anything. :D

• Like 3

You may find less wear with V70 kumhos but at twice the price, you will probably find they don't last twice as long.  At least they don't in my experience. :)

Maybe better to just have more RSRs on spare wheels perhaps.  I think when I cook my Kumhos I will fit RSRs on to them so I have two sets of wheels with the same tyres. :thumbup:

• Like 1

You may find less wear with V70 kumhos but at twice the price, you will probably find they don't last twice as long.  At least they don't in my experience. :)

Maybe better to just have more RSRs on spare wheels perhaps.  I think when I cook my Kumhos I will fit RSRs on to them so I have two sets of wheels with the same tyres. :thumbup:

I am going to fit a set of Yokohama Advan A048-R and see how they go.

Then going forward make a cost/life decision based on how they last.

• Like 1

As you know im a massive fan of the Yoko AD08R's how they compare to the AD048's i dont know, but if you want someone to test them out for you... im willing to test them :D

• Like 3

As you know im a massive fan of the Yoko AD08R's how they compare to the AD048's i dont know, but if you want someone to test them out for you... im willing to test them :D

You've had your go!

• Like 1

Man that looks good. Sounds brilliant too

Thanks Charlie, when it's in action it does sound good.

Think I underestimated the type of noise the 5 pot makes as it does seem good in the "fly by" videos on youtube.

So, so different to a 4 pot.

• Like 2