The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

You can code ESP out with VCDS, in the correct module, forget which off the top of my head, you take the long number and subtract 2048 from it, enter the new number and ESP is disabled. Traction control and ABS still work just no nannying. 

To reinstate it just add 2048 to your long number and re enter it, ESP is back again.

• Like 1

You can code ESP out with VCDS, in the correct module, forget which off the top of my head, you take the long number and subtract 2048 from it, enter the new number and ESP is disabled. Traction control and ABS still work just no nannying.

To reinstate it just add 2048 to your long number and re enter it, ESP is back again.

Well I've never heard that before James.

ESP deleted on the Golf Richard, a simple long code change, works a treat!  I had to pull the ABS fuse when I was at Oulton in October as ESP was cutting in when switched off, did some digging when I got home and found this off Ross Tech support. 

I am guessing the Yeti will have a more up to date ECU so you just need to find out what the number is to subtract!  

ESP deleted on the Golf Richard, a simple long code change, works a treat!  I had to pull the ABS fuse when I was at Oulton in October as ESP was cutting in when switched off, did some digging when I got home and found this off Ross Tech support. 

I am guessing the Yeti will have a more up to date ECU so you just need to find out what the number is to subtract!  

Will certainly look into it and thanks for the heads up.

In three track days I've had the ESP interrupt things once.

Castle Combe and Brands Hatch were fine, but at the Bedford How Fast? day I really went for it having set a reasonable first hot lap.

I remember coming round the last corner in fourth and the back stepping out on the second hot lap.

It was nicely balanced, with a bit of a drift on and I knew I was going to clip a few cones with the rear anyway but I was happy with where it was headed.

Then bam, it just slammed all the brakes on and that was that.  Down to 20mph. :giggle:

• Like 2

I think the Golf had an iffy wheel speed sensor making things very sensitive, when the ESP was on the car would try and save my life doing 30 mph on a roundabout! So it had to go, which it has.

Check what controller you have and if it is a MK60 you can follow the procedure below, if not you will have to do some research  ;)

So heres how you do it.  This is for an MK60 controller.

Open VCDS

go to 03, ABS

Then goto Coding

In coding you will see the long number, in my case it was 0023046 you need to subtract 2048 = 20998 this number, your new number is the code,

Enter this code and hit Do It!

Potential shortest period of ownership yet?

or

Yellow vinyl wrap?

Edit: had been holding out for you to get the K04 strapped on first before you realised and then offer to buy :)

• Like 1

Me.

It's too boring. :D

I have to disagree, this Yeti is destined NEVER to be boring, I am quite certain of that!  Wrapping it will add weight, just run it, get the brakes, suspension and engine sorted and run it.  I am sure that is what you told me when I mentioned the paintwork on my Golf.

• Like 1

I fancy red or race blue.

Yes it's a sleeper.

But I have to look at it on the drive.

Another Skoda colour would be OK.

I mean, what sort of person wants a yellow one! ;)

• Like 1

I have to disagree, this Yeti is destined NEVER to be boring, I am quite certain of that!  Wrapping it will add weight, just run it, get the brakes, suspension and engine sorted and run it.  I am sure that is what you told me when I mentioned the paintwork on my Golf.

'spose James is right Bossfox, at least the Yeti's not pink

Edit: swiftly retracts any potential offence caused by this.............................at least until I get those brakes off you :rofl:

• Like 2

'spose James is right Bossfox, at least the Yeti's not pink

steady on, my Golf is not pink it is oxidised red  ;)  actually it is Rubin red or something like that

I can re advertise my brakes if you keep up with the insults  :wonder:  :giggle:

• Like 2