The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

My Nankang NS-2Rs medium 180s will be nearly brand new on Saturday at How Fast, Richard

And knowing my sedentary pace they'll probably be nearly brand new when I finish

Cost effective fun! :)

• Like 4

You'd probably kill them in one session in the Yeti - what size are you running?

225/45/17.

Stock size is a 50 profile but can't get those in semi-slicks.

• Like 1

that poor bloke in the MG ZS, nice to see it goes well and some rather unfair maneuvers from other track uses. Carbon panels good ace, were did you have them done if you don't mind me asking? 

• Like 1

that poor bloke in the MG ZS, nice to see it goes well and some rather unfair maneuvers from other track uses. Carbon panels good ace, were did you have them done if you don't mind me asking? 

A firm that do race car panels are doing them as a one off for a favour as they liked the idea of the project.

I deal with them through a fellow Skyline enthusiast in Russia.

So unfortunately can't pass the info on as I don't know.

• Like 2

How about motorsport rain tyres? 

We used to drive the used rain tyres from the Carrera Cup on our team VW T4 in 17". They were ace on the street, just a bit to weak for the heavy T4, but we could swap them often as we were having more than 4 964 Carreras running (back in the early 90s).

Biggest advantage was, that they were a lot better than most tyres on the track and waaaaay better in the rain on the streets.

Biggest disadvantage: not for highway use  :D

• Like 1

How about motorsport rain tyres? 

We used to drive the used rain tyres from the Carrera Cup on our team VW T4 in 17". They were ace on the street, just a bit to weak for the heavy T4, but we could swap them often as we were having more than 4 964 Carreras running (back in the early 90s).

Biggest advantage was, that they were a lot better than most tyres on the track and waaaaay better in the rain on the streets.

Biggest disadvantage: not for highway use  :D

I have a set of "Full Wets" on a spare set of rims.

I tried them at Brands last November and in the heavy rain I had the same grip as I did in the dry...  it was amazing!

But as soon as it starts to dry you have to take them off as they burn up really quickly.

• Like 2

Came across this...

XAIRCs.jpg

Someone on the GTR forum captured the moment I got pushed onto the grass while overtaking.

Good advert for the Briskoda sessions being the sensible ones. :)

The Yeti in it's 2 natural habitats - the grass and the track :D

• Like 4

Came across this...

XAIRCs.jpg

Someone on the GTR forum captured the moment I got pushed onto the grass while overtaking.

Good advert for the Briskoda sessions being the sensible ones. :)

OMFG - did he actually try to block you from overtaking?! Just catching up with this thread again - think its grown 10 pages since I last looked in  :D

Looking at that I just cant help but think of that review that Clarkson did of the Yeti racing the Ferrari and taking the Yeti off the circuit across tarmac that was dug up! Awesome. Bet the Yeti stayed true and straight though? Guessing you had to back off though and didn't get past?

• Like 1

I wouldn't put money on it :)

Really? Crumbs. Id have thought no matter what power its running, on race suspension it'd be pretty harsh when trying to keep momentum up on that... im even more impressed now!  :clap:

• Like 1

Personally, Id have taken him out with a swift knock to the rear three quarter when coming back on... hence why I tend to stay out of anything competitive where driving is concerned!  :peek:

• Like 3

Really? Crumbs. Id have thought no matter what power its running, on race suspension it'd be pretty harsh when trying to keep momentum up on that... im even more impressed now!  :clap:

I'm only guessing, but I can't imagine Richard being the sort to back off :)

I had to back off as we were approaching Camp corner, so I rejoined the track and overtook on the following straight. :)

• Like 2

I had to back off as we were approaching Camp corner, so I rejoined the track and overtook on the following straight. :)

Excellent. Im grinning now, knowing a Yeti got one over on the beemer. :happy:

• Like 2