The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Agreed, but after the Tourags and Jeep Grand Cherokee drives lately, even the high spec Tiguan with leather that ive driven lately, coming back to the Yeti is a negative experience in terms of the leather they use - hardly any grain, hardly sumpuous, doesnt 'breathe' particulalrly well on long journeys... but I realise its all swings and roundabouts. If there was one thing id look to upgrade on the interior it would be the quality of the leather/leatherette. :)

I agree. They should have done a bit more on the L&K leather type I think, than just do the silver stitching and embossing that logo in the leather (which I think looks utterly pretentious - A Yeti is not a Bentley! And even on a Bentley embossing anything on it looks naff).

• Like 2

All will be revealed in two weeks. :)

No, it's not Seat Surgeons.

will be keeping an eye on this to see what sort of job they do and who they are! wouldn't mind the inserts done on my octavia

• Like 1

All will be revealed in two weeks. :)

No, it's not Seat Surgeons.

Shame - if it was Seat Surgeons I could have gone along for a snoop as they are only 12 miles away from me! I think it will make a good improvement to the interior - looking forward to the results.

I've also ordered a few tiddly bits from SuperSkoda that arrived today.

Nothing bling, it's not really my style. But just to lift the interior a little with the new leather. :)

Like the seat height handles with YETI inset in red to go with the seat stitching.

The silly number plate club.

Yeti: 1

GT-R: 0

:giggle:

LOL. Looks good. But last time I was in that GT-R it was gunmetal silver?!?! Now it's erm... baby yellow?!?!

LOL. Looks good. But last time I was in that GT-R it was gunmetal silver?!?! Now it's erm... baby yellow?!?!

That was the old 2010 model, this is the newer 2011 version.

There is a thread about it here: http://www.briskoda....big-fat-nissan/

This one is a bit quicker... and the brakes are now better too.

• 1 month later...

So, following on from Skoda refusing to paint an L&K Yeti red for me, I decided to jazz mine up a bit.

First off, full nappa leather retrim (except door cards, may do them later) with red stitching to match the paintwork.

red1w.jpg

red2wj.jpg

red3.jpg

red4we.jpg

Decided to go for a slightly lighter leather to lift the interior a bit and also add diamond stitching to the panels.

Other than this the seats all follow the stock Skoda panels so the fit is very good.

Needless to say, it's rather softer then the stock offering of leather facings and vinyl sides and backs.

• Like 4

Thanks James. I'm very happy with it.

I used Trim Star in Colchester and they have done a good job, including putting back the tags for the ISO FIX points and the Side Airbags, which have also been retained.

So although it's not stock, it looks how it should. If you know what I mean. :)

My seat and steering wheel have a very characteristic shine to them, seat is also looking a big saggy after 73,000 miles of me in it!

If it were my car I would probably have a look at a freshen up in there but it is leaseplans car and I am sure it will be somebody else's car one day.

• Like 1

That looks very nice Richard. But the door cards are a must however because you went for a lighter grey seat colour. The doors and seats now don't match! Collar and cuffs!!! Go on... You know you want to do it!!!

• Like 3

Looking good Richard :thumbup:

How noticeable is the contrast between the seats and door cards?

Not as much as it looks like in the pictures.

The leather is a slightly lighter shade that to me has a very slight reddy/brown tinge.

Works well IMO, in a red car with red stitching on everything.

But then I am slightly colour blind. :D

I need to get the handbrake grip off, so was going to pop into you for that.

If I send that to them they'll do it the same, so it matches the gear stick gaiter, steering wheel and armrest.

Had the Yeti out today, helping someone out.

Showing what a jack of all trades it really is.

About this time last year it was whizzing round Castle Combe.

jacksm.jpg

• Like 4

That's a bit close to the weight limit, isn't it Richard?

I had 40kg spare. :)

1960kg total.

Fortunately Brian James trailers tow very well, even when it's rather windy.

If you drove passed the VOSA check point on Mart Day in Welshpool they'd have pulled you, and made you drive over their scales. They get quite a few farmers with their triple axled sheep boxes.

If you drove passed the VOSA check point on Mart Day in Welshpool they'd have pulled you, and made you drive over their scales. They get quite a few farmers with their triple axled sheep boxes.

I got passed by three Police cars on the A14 yesterday while towing it.

To be honest I would not have complained if they'd checked.

One of the police Volvos overtook me and pulled the guy in front with another trailer...