Gees RS Wagon

GeeVRSman

Camber shims fitted ready for the coilovers this weekend! has a little play on the way back from brands and the car dont half hold on tight round the traffic circles!!

Pics of during...

me pal come to laugh at me hurt my self..

IMAG0904.jpg

getting jiggy with it!

541424_3342157644412_1582856097_32721009_1598445197_n.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

Eibach shim shimmy!

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

cant really see it that much at the moment as the cars not lowered but hold tight on that..

IMAG0911.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

Hopfully i can get the coilovers on at the weekend. I start my n new job tomorrow so hopfully i get time.

edit: didnt get to polish it, or LED it up, but my key and LEDs arrive today so will get on it when i can.

if you go to much like me pal has on his bug, hes running -3.75 and his will chew tyres up. I ran this same amount on my Bora and the tyre ware was ok. its cambered more for the extra tuck in at the top of the wheel -1deg approx 5mm tuck in at top. for when i slamm lower it, this with the stretch on the tyres and the 20mm spacers on the 18s will see it stanced perfect. (thats the plan any way!)

we will see.. Stance is never that simple! lol

Will wait and see how yours turns out. :D :D

Fitting spacers here requires low volume vehicle certification. Which cost $460 - about 250 quid. :(

ahhh what! just to fit spacers? Even if there bolt on hubcentrics?

ahhh what! just to fit spacers? Even if there bolt on hubcentrics?

They MUST be bolt on hubcentrics or they're illegal!

I can see the logic in the cert process to stop morons cutting springs in their garages and other daft stuff.

But it's very tightly regulated and you have to have a WOF (MOT) every 6 months once the car gets to five years old and they pick that stuff up and fail you if you have no cert.

thats harsh but good at the same time i suppose. Im not a great fan of spacers that you need longer bolts, have had some crack before which aint good.

can wait to lower it!

How do these camber things work with the calipers then as the discs with be running same camber as wheels but carriers will be running standard angle won't they or do you get brackets for them aswell

LEDs are coming people i promise! New job and all that had halved my time to stuff!

i have a load of silicone pipes to fit also and a little engine dress up (shhh those that have seen it already) These pods have been doing my head in for a couple weeks so i decided to crack on with doing this.. after alot of shaping again with the heat gun i get prepping..

prep

IMAG0936.jpg

IMAG0937.jpg

glue

IMAG0940.jpg

messy messy

IMAG0944.jpg

1st lot dried.. starting to rub back

IMAG0943.jpg

getting there

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

just given it it last micro layer of filler..so should be ready for primer in a bit. im thinking i mite gloss black my A pillars just to give a bit of shinyness to the interior. after all, the leather is like gloss black no? Unsure yet.

comments?

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0960.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

just need to drill some large holes in the back for the wires and im done! will see how this coat drys and will continue to add till it looks like glass!

• Like 1