Yeti with added black bits!

IainM1970

Here are some pictures of my new Yeti with black grill, mirrors, annapurnas and wheel arch mouldings.

If you don't like it please be kind ... personally I think its ace and the pictures don't really do it justice.

YetiMarch2012003.jpgYetiMarch2012002.jpgYetiMarch2012004.jpg

• Like 3

I like it a lot! I am an advocate of the wheel arches. Looks like a Yeti Monte Carlo. Any plans for the roof?

PS. Could I suggest adding it to the "Yeti Project Journal" section?

Edited by My_Yeti

thats nice Iain, it looks really slick.

Maybe only things that would, in my eye make it looks better would be to remove the anti scratch strips on the doors and maybe change the colour of the silver 'bit' on the front (i know they have names, but i've just washed my car, i'm cold and i need tea)

But all in all, a really nice looking car :thumbup:

That silver bit worried me too when I first discussed doing it with the dealer but it does look OK in real life.

No plans for the roof, would have ordered a black roof if they had been available in the UK ... having the velux most of it is kinda black anyway.

Actually, on the subject of wheel arches, did they dealer glue it on top of the protective film on the rear doors?

Mine recently went in to have the protective film fitted and parts of the film has to be trimmed to fit around the wheel arches.

There are two places for wheel arches - dealer or superskoda.

Really good looking.

I'm liking the plastic wheel arches - where did they come from?

The dealer had them as part of a pack they could order. The pack was basically side steps plus some other bits. The person who wanted the side steps didn't want the wheel arch bits so I got them. I THINK they can be ordered separately but the cost is higher.

Actually, on the subject of wheel arches, did they dealer glue it on top of the protective film on the rear doors?

Mine recently went in to have the protective film fitted and parts of the film has to be trimmed to fit around the wheel arches.

There are two places for wheel arches - dealer or superskoda.

It looks to me as if they are fitted over the top of the film.

Hmmmm ... what colour would the silver bit go though? White or black?

To be fair it doesn't stand out in 'real life' but as I said before it did worry me when cooking up this plan!

Hi Iain, looks really striking and certainly stands out from the growing crowd! Think I may have left the wheels standard to brighten it up a little but that's just me :)

Hmmmm ... what colour would the silver bit go though? White or black?

To be fair it doesn't stand out in 'real life' but as I said before it did worry me when cooking up this plan!

Black.....

The all white ones look awful IMHO.

Here are some pictures of my new Yeti with black grill, mirrors, annapurnas and wheel arch mouldings.
Did you have any problems fitting the front mud flaps? I've been told that they don't fit when the black arches are fitted but your car has them. Edited by Norry

Very smart ian. Stuart just showed me the photos in his phone I never saw it in the metal. We definitely need to do a photo shoot when I get the winter wheels off mine

Did you have any problems fitting the front mud flaps? I've been told that they don't fit when the black arches are fitted but your car has them.

That's what I want to know as well.

There is a small line of painted metal bodywork around the inner wheel arch edges which looks particularly vulnerable to gravel damage.

I've got the full under body kit, so this bit of paintwork needs some sort of protection - but not at the expense of the mud flaps hopefully.