soupafly

I think it looks OK - but I doubt the practicality of relocating the foglights (I assume) to the lower area where they are likely to be in danger from any off- or rough-roading! I'm just glad the B pillar fin has not gone.

If this is a genuine pic of the changes, I think that it actually makes the car look more upmarket, and better "quality"!

I reckon that the front end of the new one suits the car well and will win new admirers.

Quite!!

I think the nearest to the "truth" were the photos of the ones in "scatter" black and white painting, that seemed to imply a small change to the front and rear bumpers.

I don't like that... it will mean ALL Škodas will sooner than later look EXACTLY the same from the front. The Yeti's round fog lamps are controversial but also makes it stand out from the samey samey other cars... a really bad move this (if true).

Circular fog lights are one of the things that sold it to me.

I don't like it.

http://garagecar.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/new-generation-of-skoda-yeti-2013.html shows a new look front but as a Yeti II not a 2013 facelift. The facelift photos seem to be at http://garagecar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/2013-updated-new-skoda-yeti-spy-photos.html and note both these have the foglights as current! So it seems to be all speculation at present...

http://garagecar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/2013-updated-new-skoda-yeti-spy-photos.html

That was the one I commented on, which still shows the round fog lights.

Let's be quite honest, until there is an OFFICIAL press release from Skoda everything is speculation, and nothing more. It is known that some manufacturers actually "seed" the Press with dodgy photoshopped ideas just to keep interest up and to stop some of the more dubious snappers finding things.

As an aside, I've been seeing Range Rovers in "scatter" pattern around here lately. Spotted one on the A49 this evening; it looks like they've got a frontal change coming up as well!!

Wherever possible, a facelift will merely affect "trim" changes, and will not affect any body panels - which are extremely expensive to change.

So, any facelift is likely to involve plastic components only, which will generally affect things such as front & rear bumpers, headlamps, rear lights and bodyside mouldings. Interiors are easy to change if they use existing mounting points - once again this doesn't affect anything to do with body pressings, the expensive bit.

The observant of you will notice, for example, that the Yeti has been designed with the ability to substantially change the appearance of the rear light cluster/rear bumper area. There are body colour plastic "blanks" between those two components that can be easily changed without affecting sheet metal, enabling much taller lights to be fitted, or substantial changes to be made to the shape of rear bumper assembly.

Plastic is easy & relatively cheap to change, metal isn't!

Edited by speedsport

One of my wife's cars is an Austin Princess 1300. It too has round (extra) lights in the same position as our current Yeti. To me, the Yeti is a lovely mix of the Matra Rancho (long buried ~ rust) and the Austin Princess.

One of my wife's cars is an Austin Princess 1300. It too has round (extra) lights in the same position as our current Yeti. To me, the Yeti is a lovely mix of the Matra Rancho (long buried ~ rust) and the Austin Princess.

Blimey, Austin Princess 1300? I've never connected that to a Yeti and the Rancho was a bit of a Simca 1100 van with a fibreglass bits added. I'll never look at my Yeti in the same way again! :heartbreak:

I was followed by a Range Rover in disruptive camouflage on the E40 the other day. I couldn't see what the differences were because he was close enough to set the rear proximity alert off. If it had been something lighter he'd have been given a brake test.

It took me a few years to warm to the Yeti shape, Thought at first it looked awful, especially the round fog lights that so many like, It looked to much like a Jeep ! but in time the thing really started to grow on me. Then the released the Urban and i thought "no brainer" price of an SE with over 2 grands worth and no delivery time

My previous motor was a Vw Passat highline estate 55plate which was fully loaded just like the Urban , Vw released this just before they bought out the new shape Passat, I bought it as i could not get a basic new model Passat or an Octavia with the same kit for the same money. We know SUK are not doing the same " fill a motor with all the spare extra bits and advertise it as a special edition Urban to run out an old model as there still taking loads of orders for any model Yeti

As speedsport says, it costs a fortune to alter the design of a motor, and the manufactures dont have that type of money right now, That why it takes so long to get a new decent motor, They cant afford to build and stockpile them, Just build to order and keep ticking over till better days come.

The square fog model shown in the links above looks very like some Kia and Hyundei models and is something anyone with a bit of design skill could throw together on a computer screen, The scatter design spied is more likely to be the main deal.with a few minor changes Its like a fashion show cat walk, How many people do you see walking down the street in those hideous outfits ! the companies throw out the weird and not so wonderful make a few alterations and turn it into something they know will sell.