Official Briskoda Fabia II Monte Carlo Register

It could be that your push fit connectors may need a clear out or someone may have damaged them when servicing the car last. Im sure your local Skoda dealer could take a quick look for you with any charge. 

It looks like you need to pinch the connector to get it over the lip to be 100% secure

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, AV-Novice said:

I was thinking  about this for mine.

How much did it (roughly) cost and what were your reasons (performance and or aesthetics)?

Cheers!

Mainly aesthetics as the 312 upgrade at the front looked a bit silly.

Rear axle - £150

Carriers and calipers for 256 vented - £250

Axle mounting bolts and nuts - £14 

Discs and Pads (were bought over year ago for my Bora but never used) - £50 quid roughly when eurocarparts had 60% off

Biggest spend was for the calipers and carriers, I wanted them candy red to match up front, completed the work on my drive, everything just bolts up reusing everything from my old axle.  The new axle is a little wider so looks a little wider 15/16mm each side so need to get spacers for the front.

Edited by Kgod1991

White 2013 TDi 105

54,000 miles

Bluespark Automotive Pro + Boost tuning box [claimed 135ps - 297Nm on max settings]

K&N high flow cotton panel air filter

DIY de-restricted intake charge snorkel

DIY reflective heat covering to intake charge pipe

DIY stealth water/methanol injection system [failed/removed project]

rear wiper delete [thanks to killallwipers kit]

'needle-sweep' activated and other settings altered thanks to a Carista OBD2 module + android app.

Stock interior, brakes, suspension & wheels, etc.

skoda3.png

Edited by EggMeister
added an image
  • Like 1

Hi AMD87, the project was fighting me all the way through. I tried to be clever and cheap and neither worked :( With more time and money I could have ironed it all out but after 6 months I had lost interest. I've still got all the gear so maybe one day............. :)

If you're interested, I did post a lot about this project on steemit, my final post 'early death' has a list of all the previous posts. https://steemit.com/cars/@eggmeister/early-death-stealth-water-methanol-injection-sh2omi-update-18-06-2018

In hindsight I should have taken the boost feed (for boost switch and dash gauge) from a plastic pipe section rather than the rubber hose but I found the rubber hose easiest to work with and modding. Also, I should have ditched the solenoid as the pump has it's own built-in non-return valve on top of the check-valve I had fitted in the feed pipe between windscreen washer pipe and the pump unit. This would have stopped the PVC pipe expanding when not in use.

I'm currently suffering withdrawal symptoms with my loss of extra power potential and now turning my attention to NOS though the wife isn't happy about it. Had a quote from Adrian Flux of 950 quid for road use NOS which is better than LVs +£1400 last year when I first enquired.

I've just had a look at your project and spotted you've done a VRS intake pipe, I didn't realise that was an option available to us TDi owners :) It looks a superior mod to my DIY de-restricted snorkel :) https://steemit.com/cars/@eggmeister/skoda-fabia-more-power-de-restricted-snorkel-modification

Any hoo, cheers for enquiring re: water/meth :)

Robster.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/08/2018 at 10:08, pookie666 said:

Hey from Manchester. Bought this recently, 64 plate 1.2TSI estate. Such a lovely car. Added some personal touches already, added an auto headlight switch and some LED bulbs :)

IMG_20180625_141727_edited.jpg

Now take it to ADE and get it mapped! 

Probably closer to you is unicorn developments , Stockport is where I got my 1.2 tsi mapped. And full SS sports cat and resonated exhaust has 142hp. For further information see my project Fabia sleeper

Edited by Kenrw8

1 minute ago, Kenrw8 said:

You would be better ringing them, 0161 637 1890. My was on offer 2 years ago at £299.

Ah not too bad. Was looking at the tuning boxes, seemed reasonable price and simple to fit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2018 at 14:52, EggMeister said:

White 2013 TDi 105

54,000 miles

Bluespark Automotive Pro + Boost tuning box [claimed 135ps - 297Nm on max settings]

K&N high flow cotton panel air filter

DIY de-restricted intake charge snorkel

DIY reflective heat covering to intake charge pipe

DIY stealth water/methanol injection system [failed/removed project]

rear wiper delete [thanks to killallwipers kit]

'needle-sweep' activated and other settings altered thanks to a Carista OBD2 module + android app.

Stock interior, brakes, suspension & wheels, etc.

skoda3.png

Update:

Now running Black Diamond '6' slotted front discs and EBC Greenstuff pads.

Just spent £1200 on new timing belt, water pump, coolant flush, gearbox oil change, brake fluid change & Avon tyres all round. I think they are the NS5 tyres or something with a 5 in anyway ;) They don't appear as 'stretched' as the Conti Sport 3s did (205/40 17), the side walls have much more rim protection to them as well :)

A short shifter is in the post and should be here this week and I've hashed together a muffler delete set up ready to install when I get the chance (short flex-joint, ~70cm of straight 2" and a welded om discreet droop tip).

Edited by EggMeister

23 hours ago, EggMeister said:

Update:

Now running Black Diamond '6' slotted front discs and EBC Greenstuff pads.

Just spent £1200 on new timing belt, water pump, coolant flush, gearbox oil change, brake fluid change & Avon tyres all round. I think they are the NS5 tyres or something with a 5 in anyway ;) They don't appear as 'stretched' as the Conti Sport 3s did (205/40 17), the side walls have much more rim protection to them as well :)

A short shifter is in the post and should be here this week and I've hashed together a muffler delete set up ready to install when I get the chance (short flex-joint, ~70cm of straight 2" and a welded om discreet droop tip).

Which short shifter did you go for? Ordered mine from creation Motorsport

Hi, I wish I'd ordered the same Kgod1991.

I ordered this off ebay and it arrived yesterday https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-OCTAVIA-VRS-1-6TDi-1-8T-1-9TDi-5-SPEED-short-shift-quick-shifter/171560239082?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I should have double-checked my car even though this item came up compatible. The counter-weight stalk is far too high and will foul the battery box :(

I see the creation motorsport shifter doesn't have a counter-weight stalk..... Mmm.

Perhaps I could angle grind the stalk off and all will be well ;)

On 29/08/2018 at 15:36, EggMeister said:

Hi, I wish I'd ordered the same Kgod1991.

I ordered this off ebay and it arrived yesterday https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-OCTAVIA-VRS-1-6TDi-1-8T-1-9TDi-5-SPEED-short-shift-quick-shifter/171560239082?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I should have double-checked my car even though this item came up compatible. The counter-weight stalk is far too high and will foul the battery box :(

I see the creation motorsport shifter doesn't have a counter-weight stalk..... Mmm.

Perhaps I could angle grind the stalk off and all will be well ;)

Can't see how grinding it off would harm, but I looked at that same one on eBay and thought the weight looks a little high compared to standard 

Don't forget to reset linkages 

Hi Kgod1991, All installed and all good :)

I didn't remove filter or battery box, managed fairly ok with them insitu.

Even without the counter-weight, the shifting seems normal. I'd go as far to say that unless you was 'in the know' nobody would detect anything out of the ordinary. It's nice just to have a slightly shorter throw :)

20180828_152202.jpg

20180830_144811.jpg

20180830_161331.jpg

• 2 months later...

REG DATE:- May 2013

COLOUR:- Red

OPTIONS:- Electric Glass Sunroof, Digital Climate Control, Heated Seats, Genuine Rubber Mats & Boot Liner, Speed & Cruise Control

MILEAGE, 9300 as of November 2018. !

• 4 weeks later...