Horrible wet bank holiday

I have said that many a time Richard!!! And there is no bright light for it to finish!!

I bet they turned heads though, I can remember a man near my mum,s had a ,924 and I thought that was good!!!

You don,t see any lotus Talbot,s anymore??!! I remember reading about a special secret location in Dagenham Ford, were every Ford ever made is there with no miles on the clock!!!!

I have seen pictures of it, it's not a presentation layout but brilliant to see!!

Andy

Just tried to rank my cars but it is too tough. fab vrs still top but others all hv their merits even unreliability gives character or seemed to when 18-25. Been in AA for 30 years not used it since 1993!! Think i may be cancelling that..

Still need to own an alfa but not a big fan of interior

Ha ha nice one pc1212

A g60 I have never heard of them, I knew they did a polo and a corrardo?? Sounds like a beast though!!!

Having had some many golf,s did you not fancy a new model one???

Andy

A 147gta would be nice Richard??!! They have a lovely engine and the noise?!!!

I would hold off with the aa I always think that but do it the month after,, what that saying,,, something law!!!!

Andy

Ha ha 35 mpg??????? Yes ok

Why did your vrs have such poor mpg???

The insurance would be a step up as well, my rs 250 was group 34

Andy

Not sure why the mpg has been so low, probably because the wife uses the car mainly for work which involves a lot of stop/start journeys.

Regarding the insurance, I'm 40 next year and the insurance is just over £400 a year which is £4 more per month than my octy.

Ha ha nice one pc1212

A g60 I have never heard of them, I knew they did a polo and a corrardo?? Sounds like a beast though!!!

Andy

G60 - supercharged beast - awesome.

• Like 1

Some lucky people with car history on here :)

Kids these day seem to have a lot newer cars than I ever had as a lad, It was only 8 years ago I managed to buy a 3 year old car for the first time (The Alfa).

Richarde, the 156 was glorious, I loved that car ! Despite their reputation, I had it 4 years and it cost me nothing over normal running costs. Research well and you should find one thats as good.

One car I nearly bought, but didn't and regret not getting (If I knew what I know now ... ): The 80's Audi Quattro 2.2. "Fire up the Quattro !" :happy:

Edited by Mr Grump

Thats not too bad then longdog, not you getting old!!!!

Is the wife in the s4??? I did look at them on pistonheads,,, few more years and I will get one!!

Did you look at the rs4?

I have never heard of the golf g60 ?!! Will have to look them up

Damn thats another one to add to wish/regret list. 2.2 quattro! But then never meet your heroes.

156 or 147 gta would be nice (but I usually hv 1 car and fuel would put an end to tht fantasy) Wasnt the 147 gta the first frontdrive car to dip undrr 6 seconds to 60?

I managed to get a good deal for my 172 Richard

I think it was 1,500 but I managed to do a load of overtime which payed for it

I think your right about the 147gta, I think it was the corner's it didn,t like!!!!

My history is not as varied or as long as most but here it is:

Owned.

Fiat Bravo 1.4 (1st car)

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD & Hyundai Coupe 2.0

(current) Skoda Octavia 2.0 vrs 06 (owned for 9 months so far) & Renaultsport Clio 197 (only had 3 weeks so far)

Best.

Alfa for power, clio for fun, octavia for size and speed.

And the rest Richard!!!

I know a lad 18 and mum bought him a Subaru sti brand new!!!

He had insurance in his own name, own policy,,,, had to ask,, how much???

20k!!!!!!!!!!

so stupid giving a young kid a car like that. not surprised insurer wanted 20k, in fact can't believe they even touched it.

Thats not too bad then longdog, not you getting old!!!!

Is the wife in the s4??? I did look at them on pistonheads,,, few more years and I will get one!!

Did you look at the rs4?

I have never heard of the golf g60 ?!! Will have to look them up

The B7 RS4 is great but dated (compared to the B8) and the new RS4 starts at £55 k so a bit too expensive, also the supercharged V6 in the S4 is (in my opinion) as good as the V8.

The wife will be using the s4, in fact she'll tell you that it's her car!!

Pophods

Just tried to view your recommendation and it won,t let me as not member?!!!

Was looking forward to seeing the cars

Andy

Andy

ST is as red as the Octy. I love it - for different reasons than the vRS obviously!

Didn't realise you needed to join ST forum to see pics. Sorry! Only way I can think of round that is to join the forum I'm afraid! Possibly worth it depending on how badly you want see the pics. Sneak preview on my Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.105281789571454.5622.100002689000204&type=3&l=f94d225198

Ha ha nice one pc1212

Andy

Yes the Golf G60 n Purple metallic with BBS RM2 alloys, leather trim.

I bought in Holland and she was a beauty... smelled of cigars mind but, I have never driven such a car before

My ex missus nearly killed herself overtaking so we had to sell

a fella came from Penzance to buy and did not try to haggle just paid the full price... I could have sold her many times over!

I would like a Golf but the equivalent Golf compared to the Octavia is about 3 grand more...

My mate has a Golf 1.4 Tsi and its a lovely car, but it is a bit rattly?

I chose the Octavia which I am reliably informed is a Golf with a boot??

Thats a good story pc1212

I can remember the purple golf it was a lovely colour, deep and shiny!!

Is the car still going??

I agree about the golf and I feel that the inside is very small, I have never driven one so should not comment, would love to try the old vr6 or a r32

Andy

Nice list thewill

Is it a petrol vrs??

What you think of the 197??? When my time came to sell my 182 I needed a bigger car and got a 225 instead of a 197

Andy

Thanks. Yeah it's a petrol vrs.

197 is great. It's the missus's really but I do find myself wanting to take it out for a spin a bit too much.