FUBAR

Utter contrived codswallop. Superb!

We're holidaying at Monsal Head this week

Its nice up there. Fantastic views over the valley arent they.

I guess you went across the a6 bakewell road under the trees out of buxton? The road next to morrisons?

One of my favourite roads in the summer that is :).

Matlock bath is good on a sunday if the weathers nice. Loads and loads of bikes. Youd like it ;)

Its nice up there. Fantastic views over the valley arent they.

I guess you went across the a6 bakewell road under the trees out of buxton? The road next to morrisons.

Matlock bath is good on a sunday if the weathers nice. Loads and loads of bikes. You'd like it ;)

The views are stunning and yes, out on the A6 a lot, though less than impressed by the twonk on a sports bike that attempted to become a yeti bonnet ornament a few days ago.

I've been to Matlock on a Sunday before on the bike, but today we're going by train.

BTW, the Peak District appears to be the f/l yeti capital of the world. Can't move for the things

The views are stunning and yes, out on the A6 a lot, though less than impressed by the twonk on a sports bike that attempted to become a yeti bonnet ornament a few days ago.

I've been to Matlock on a Sunday before on the bike, but today we're going by train.

BTW, the Peak District appears to be the f/l yeti capital of the world. Can't move for the things

Yeah. Gotta watch the bikes! I was following a landrover onto buxton this summer when a gsxr overtaking the other way like a penis ended up riding between the car he was overtaking and the landrover i was following, across the white line, whilst going round a slight corner.

I've no idea how he didnt die tbh. I was scared for him..

Haa. Yeah i know what you mean. Plenty of them!

Its lovely there on a nice day, but crappy today isnt it.

Theres a few bike shops chesterfield way too if you can persuade whoever you're with ;) hahs

Or near miss was similar.

Train to Matlock was fun

Lunch in Peacock in Bakewell was superb and huge (pricey though)

Back home tomorrow :-(

Bakewells a nice spot, neve eaten at the peacock though tbh. Glad you enjoyed it!

Ahh going home isnt so bad. Cant beat sleepin in your own bed and crappin in your own toilet

Ahh going home isnt so bad. Cant beat sleepin in your own bed and crappin in your own toilet

Except we've got the builders in so I suspect it'll be the air bed on the living room floor amid the content of our wardrobes :-(

I changed out the H7s on my bike with a pair of normal car Philips blue vision.

No extra light but a crisper whiter light than standard. Been out for a 320mile round

trip on mine today. Bristol to Chadwell Heath to Dagenham to Marks gate 

to Grays to Bristol.

Got down there in 2hrs 10mins, was damp and drizzly first thing but I was heading into drier

conditions and a bit of sunshine. Visited a builders merchant in Chadwell heath, then visited

my mum in Dagenham, then visited my best mate, his mrs and their new baby over in Marks Gate,

Then a dash from there to Grays to visit a different mate.

Returning, I set off from Grays at 5.30 PM and filtered through the usual M25 evening traffic buildup and

crossed over the Dartford Bridge which was at a standstill,  then filtered for a good 20 miles+ after that on the M25. 

Then it freed up for a short while and snarled up again for another good 8 miles around the

A3-M3 section.  Easily 35 miles of filtering all told, probably more. .

Had my Starship Enterprise panniers on so I was a good 3ft wide at the back so that limited 

my options a fair bit but still made good decent progress. It still took a good 2hours to reach the M4

from Grays even by bike, couldn't have left at a much worse time for traffic.

The M4 was pretty busy up to about Swindon coming back too so I couldn't make any time up there either. 

Including a fuel stop and later a coffee break to stretch the legs etc for half hour (mainly down to mega queue

at Starbucks) the whole lot took 4 hours dead. but I was stopped getting fuel and later a drink and toilet stop 

totalling 40 mins so including the rush hour traffic it took 3 hours and 20 actual riding time coming home.

Also coming home I was carrying a large cordless impact driver and storage case in a backpack as it was too big

to go in a pannier box. And after 4 hours with that on my back I knew about it. Still, quite a mission for a days

ride. Did the whole trip home in the dark as well.  

• Like 2

Bakewells a nice spot, neve eaten at the peacock though tbh. Glad you enjoyed it!

Utter contrived codswallop. Superb!

We're holidaying at Monsal Head this week

My old stomping ground, used to live in Great Longstone, Monsal was my local of choice, especially on Sunday evenings when they had bands playing, car park was always packed with bikes. Went to school in Bakewell, was there this afternoon visiting family.

• Like 1

My old stomping ground, used to live in Great Longstone, Monsal was my local of choice, especially on Sunday evenings when they had bands playing, car park was always packed with bikes. Went to school in Bakewell, was there this afternoon visiting family.

Awesome!

Apparently it used to be full all the time with brill bands n that? Seems that people just stop off for the views n an icecream now! Haha.

Ahh only over the hill from me then

Awesome!

Apparently it used to be full all the time with brill bands n that? Seems that people just stop off for the views n an icecream now! Haha.

Ahh only over the hill from me then

Saw a lot of bands there, there was one, think they were called Def Leppard, who seemed pretty good!!!!

Opposite side of the Bath from you now, living in Spondon (another biking name from the past)...

• Like 1

I've had a few days off work and have given my bike a good clean (didn't realise just how grubby it had become), chain off and fully cleaned/re-lubed, spark plug cleaned/re-gapped, all nooks/crannies cleaned, all electricals cleaned and covered in ACF50.  It feels like a new bike again :) .

• Like 1

Who likes the new 2015 R1 ? 

I like it might wait out getting the new bike for this  :devil:

Max. Power 147.1 kW (200.0PS) @ 13,500 rpm

That a wet weight of only 199kg with 200bhp thats just under 1bhp per KG WITHOUT RRAM AIR !  :clap: 

Before anyone says it looks like a Panigale 1199 don't bother !

Part one of my winter project

Paint the wheels to look like oz racing wheels

15524553607_7d656122de_b.jpgUntitled photo by wheddonandrew, on Flickr

15711311022_5999b6c385_b.jpgUntitled photo by wheddonandrew, on Flickr

15090383293_a63938c0f0_b.jpgUntitled photo by wheddonandrew, on Flickr

And yes they are in the kitchen on top of the cooker with the oven turned on to dry them, I'm sure the wife won't mind .......................

• Like 1

Who likes the new 2015 R1 ? 

I like it might wait out getting the new bike for this  :devil:

Max. Power 147.1 kW (200.0PS) @ 13,500 rpm

That a wet weight of only 199kg with 200bhp thats just under 1bhp per KG WITHOUT RRAM AIR !  :clap: 

Before anyone says it looks like a Panigale 1199 don't bother !

Wouldnt you prefer the new s1000rr?

Much nicer bike IMO.

Been looking at sensible bikes that I can do decent mileage on.......now find myself looking at fightered busa's lol.

At least I have a few months to save up before buying :-D

I've touched on it a bit on another thread but more suited to here. 

Rode to my uncles in hampstead yesterday to then bus into central London for hospital. As soon as I got 5 miles from home and it started raining. By the time I got on the M1 I was soaked through and mid way down the motorway visibility was at the point of barely being able to see cars ahead aside from their lights. I managed to dry my gear while I was at hospital but still froze on the way home. My thin (crap!) summer gloves left my hands painfully cold, it was bloody horrible. Had my first 'flasher' on the way, while overtaking a slow car along a national limit road a van about 1/2 mile up the road flashed his lights at me :D I have time to wave and give him a thumbs up. Overall it was my worst ride for enjoyment but I built up some experience so it's not all bad. The bike is totally filthy now, I need to give it a good clean.

I keep trying not to look at bike stuff, the money from breaking the Fabia should be paying off credit cards but I still hope to have a few bits done for the new year. I've got a little wish list building up, have to keep pulling myself away from looking at exhausts :D 2 Items that are very quickly working their way up to the top is a ABBA stand, everyone on the CB forum raves about them and they look very useful, especially with the single sided swing arm. The other thing is a bloody air compressor. I've quickly got OCD with checking my tyre pressures virtually every ride, which means A, spending many 50p & £1 coins in the petrol station air compressors and B, it's a right **** getting to the valves. I'm kinda lucky in that the rear is alright because of the swing arm but the front is a right pain. Compressor in the garage would make life easier for sure, having it in the garage makes it quicker and less hassle and useful for other bits and bobs too.

Kit wise, after yesterdays issues my dad dropped round some gloves he got but were too thick for him. I can see why, they're thick knitted gloves! Warm but a bit too chunky really. Might go to motorcycle live or whatever it's called and see if there are any bargains knocking about. 

If you want mega bargains, wait till the last day Matt.

From experience, there's not many bargains to be had if you go during weekday.

Well worth a visit though, I've been 10 times now and travel down from Glasgow

After this mornings ride home after a night shift, I'm wondering if there is such a thing as good winter gloves. It was -1c when I got home (according to the garden thermometer on the back of the bungalow, nicely protected from the wind), I had to stop 3/4 of the way home to try and get some feeling back in my hands by warming them up on the exhaust.

16 hours later my fingers are a little painful to touch and still a little tingly, so much to Halvarrsons Winter Gloves!!

The motorbike has been garaged now and I've reverted back to the pushbike for the winter commutes (35mile round trip).

On a slightly different note, I was very supprised just how slippy the roads were, even the main roads, when setting off from a set of traffic lights at Deepcar I managed to get the rear wheel spinning (struggling to control the clutch with my lifeless hands), it most certainly was a bottom clentching moment

Glad i got my heated grips fitted tbh. I rode to college yesterday morning at 7:30am WITH my summer gloves on. It was 4 degrees and with the oxford heated grips set to 50% my hands were just fine after the 50 minute ride of fast a-roads and congested manchester roads. :).

If you're really serious about it, I've heard heated gloves are the dogs dangles.

I just cba with the wires for that

The other thing is a bloody air compressor. I've quickly got OCD with checking my tyre pressures virtually every ride, which means A, spending many 50p & £1 coins in the petrol station air compressors and B, it's a right **** getting to the valves. I'm kinda lucky in that the rear is alright because of the swing arm but the front is a right pain. 

No more discs in the way of valves ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree-Angle-Tyre-Valve-Extension-Motorbike-Adaptor-Motorcycle-Car-Bike-/221479971079?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

and I have one of these in the shed, it does me fine, I run it off a spare car battery I have but it's small enough to

take touring or on long trips.  Can also run off the bikes battery via crocodile clips.

The box itself is about 5 inches square and an inch and a half deep. Easy to carry in a daysack on 

a long ride out or tuck away in a tank bag. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-V-Volt-Tyre-Pressure-Inflator-Pump-Analogue-Gauge-Light-Car-Motorcycle-Airbed-/191305555874?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item2c8ab31fa2

and finally one of these to check the pressures more accurately than the dial on the compressor suggests

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodyear-Pocket-Size-Tyre-Pressure-gauge-car-bike-van-or-motorcycle-Garage-/321265077419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4acce40cab

Change from £20 for the lot. Better than being caught out in the middle of nowhere.