FUBAR

Yeah I've seen them before. Nearly bought one before actually.

The interphone f1 thing looks cool too.

Id just go for the Billy no mates one. I do have mates, but all my biker mates are nutcases so i dont really wana hear em 'woooohooooooo' whenever they open up lol

Edited by Otaylor38

Are there any options out there for just rider to rider intercoms? So you could link up maybe 3 or 4 people together? Might have to have a look

The Scala G9 will also link up to 9 riders in a walkie talkie style, you just say their name then speak. :thumbup: 

Special 1 second pairing feature, you just bump helmets :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  and you're ready to go.  

I;ve got a Scala. Irritates the feck out of me, so I took it off. I don't miss it.

Oh, hello to all you bikers. I've got ancient VFR750 that I spent 6 months last year sorting. Hoping it'll morph into a Motguzzi Griso soon.

I;ve got a Scala. Irritates the feck out of me, so I took it off. I don't miss it.

Oh, hello to all you bikers. I've got ancient VFR750 that I spent 6 months last year sorting. Hoping it'll morph into a Motguzzi Griso soon.

Woo. Any pics of the bike? I've got a vfr800 vtec (:

Why did the headset annoy you mate?

WRT intercoms

Although im a firm believer in you get what you pay for ive been out on a couple of rides with some guys who had a couple of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Sets-800M-Interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-/290939889759?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43bd5e685f

They said they work well and for the money it exceeded their expectations. Im hopefully going to get some and give them a try.

Haven't tested the cheapo (£70) sports/action camera I got last year yet. Its still brand new unopened sat on my desk staring at me everyday :peek:

Those actually work pretty well mate. I have the N-com built into my X-lite 551 but bought a pair of these as sometimes I wear my open face Bell Steve McQueen replica and my lad comes on the back a lot.

They paired together, work perfectly up to around 60ish MPH as an intercom and 70 ish streaming music.

They paired fine to the N-com to, so all in all, they are pretty good.

I've got a spare one I'd part with cheap if anyone's interested :)

Edited by fluffmeister

These do up to 4 riders

http://m.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/app/prod/206684

Gonna cost you £150 each though

Scala probably offer a similar thing too

The Scala G9 will also link up to 9 riders in a walkie talkie style, you just say their name then speak. :thumbup:

Special 1 second pairing feature, you just bump helmets :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  and you're ready to go.  

Cracking, I'll have to have a look at them. My mate will cry that he has to put a unit on the side of his £million pound lid no doubt :D 

I was in the garage earlier putting a new battery on the octavia, my mates CBR is back together almost so soon as we get some nice warmer weather we'll be out! I did briefly consider a ride but binned it off after doing the battery and not feeling my hands :D

• Like 1

Went to the honda dealers today.

Nice vfr there, metallic grey with gold wheels. 13 plate, 898 miles. Wants £5k plus my bike for it.

Very nice, but meh. Cant justify spending that sorta money on something thats so similar to the one I've got tbh

Open Invite to anyone interested

This years first Euro Trip, going out on Friday 22nd May from Hull > Rotterdam and Meeting at Tilburg in Holland on the morning of Saturday 23rd, returning on Saturday 30th May

Route outline is here https://www.motogoloco.com/map/?route=2804

But in essence, heading down, a bit of WW2 site exploration on the Western Wall at Hurtgen Wald, stay in Saarbrucken Saturday evening, Out of Saarbrucken, head to Baden Baden, pick up the B500, then over to Neuschwanstein Castle (the Sound of music / cinderella castle), then blast up to Munich for Sunday Evening, Monday is a day off to mooch around Munich, Bayern Munich stadium tour for me, and nip over to BMW Welt. Tuesday over to Berchtesgarten and the Eagles Nest, then drop down to Maltatal in Austria, 3 nights in Austria taking in Nockalmstrasse, Grossglockener, Maltatal High Alpine road. Friday leave Austria, head out cross country then Autobahn blast to Nuremberg, stay in Nuremberg Altstadt, then we are splitting up and heading to our respective ports, I've got a 400 mile blast on Saturday back to Europoort, but that's easy enough.

You don't have to hang around with us, or do all the route, but anyone dipping their toe in the water may be interested, tag along, do as much as you like and head back....whatever suits.

It's a small group this year, only 3 bikes because the rest of the usual crew that come with me are off to Vietnam riding.

Give me a shout if you are interested.

PS Bikes are me on the GS with my son as pillion, KTM 950 SM and a Fazer 1000.

Sounds like a great trip Fluff.

Not one for me on my naked bike though (Z750R). If I did 400 miles in a day I don't think I would be able to physically get off the bike, let alone walk :D  Most ive don't so far is a trip to the Raven Café and back via East Mids airport so was 200+ miles and my back was bad enough then :doh:

That's only the last day for me mate, because I have to be back home to fly to work on the Monday Morning, so it's the trade off for getting down to Austria and some fantastic riding.

The 2 other lads that are coming are hanging around Southern Germany for another day and then riding back through France to Dover. It's just the fact that I have to get back to go to work :)

I've planned the route not so much on mileage (apart from the final day being a grind) but in hours, so each day what we have is around 6 hours riding, but not continuously, the KTM needs fuel every 110 miles :)

Sounds like a great trip Fluff.

Not one for me on my naked bike though (Z750R). If I did 400 miles in a day I don't think I would be able to physically get off the bike, let alone walk :D Most ive don't so far is a trip to the Raven Café and back via East Mids airport so was 200+ miles and my back was bad enough then :doh:

You have to ease yourself into these jaunts I've done touring hols on naked bikes 2up, bikes with clip-ons and an XT500 2up, I've also ridden many a mile with people on 125's etc who are touring. If you think you have the wrong bike, chances are you will never go.

Who in their right mind would ride 1000miles across India on a 500cc Royal Enfield?

Or Vietnam on a 125 Minsk :) I did Lands End to John O Groats on a Honda Express for charity once, a team of 4 of us riding in relays and taking turns at driving the support vehicle ( my Volvo 850) great fun though :)

• Like 1

I agree with the point of view of "if you think you have the wrong bike you will never do it" and in the past its never bothered me. I would happily jump on the bike for a full days riding doing 100's of miles in a day.......keeping in mind that was a zxr400 sports bike and im 6ft 2" :D It was not comfotable

Last year I seriously hurt my back and all but a short blast on a sports bike meant I had to look for a more upright position on a bike. I wasn't looking for a Z but it came up at the right time for the right price so I went for it. Happy with the bike and I would consider a trip over to Czech on it but then I would have a few days rest before the journey home. I just don't think my back could take several days of touring. I've even thought very hard and decided against a trip to London on it. Over time I hope my back will improve enough for it to not be a major issue. I think its just part of getting old and still thinking my body can take the punishment without any issues. Its a good excuse to start uping my time on the bike and strengthening my back :devil:

Ive always wanted to tour Europe on a bike. Never say never :x

• Like 1

Just need the weather to sort itself out. Not been out on the bike for probably 2 months now.

Its driving me mad

And I've already been to honda n eyed up a newer vfr.

And I think im gonna go for a look at a triumph 1050 trophy st. Might even blagg a test ride on that tbh.

Get their bike covered in grit, and not mine.... And its out of town so there wont be any snow/ice out that way.

Actually. Thats a bloody good idea..

Just had a post card to ride the Yamaha MT09 Tracer, not sure what it really is.

Seat height of about 850 mm makes it sound like a Traillie.

Love the engine, power to weight, selectable mapping etc.

Trying to be too many things it appears.