FUBAR

Ah sorry to hear of the medical condition mate!

Money wise, itll come round! Just gotta bare with it i guess? They cant give them jobs all the time can they? Takes the pee abit?

The joys of running two cars! Rediculous isnt it. The bikes like running a car too really.

Feck it. I wanna stay in bed till 5:30 haha. On the road for 7am tomorrow.

Need some time off soon tbf. Just had enough. Might have a long christmas break.

We have just gone down to a one car family as the VRS was sat all week on the drive not turning a wheel since I packed in work.  I was sad to see it go and we lost a small fortune on it but we only need one car and it was a waste of a good car it sat doing nowt.  Now I may struggle getting a second bike for the same reason but I am working on the theory that if I buys a project it will stop me from being bored and fed up with life.

That must be because you are vertically challenged then! I am 6' 2" and at Christmas the same in years so a titchy little thing like the 400 as nice as they are would be murder for me.

But fun for the rest of us to watch?

Or not. Okay. Sorry :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a while since I've been on the Briskoda website. The ex-Guy Martin GSXR1000 has gone and there's been an arrival of a brand spanking Aprilia RSV4 aPRC ABS etc etc!!!!!

The Suzuki was a quick bike, very quick. It was the bike Guy rode in the 2004 TT and finished 7th on the senior. It was pretty much BSB spec and nigh on 200hp. However, ten years of technology has done wonders for out of the showroom bikes. This Aprilia is quicker, better brakes, handles better and is all round easier to ride. 

in 2006 on 16.5" slicks I was lapping Cadwell at 1.39 on a hot lap. I'm doing regular 1.36 on the RSV4 on road tyres!!!

untitled-3384_zpskyzwqz4c.jpg

• Like 1

Well it's been a while since I've been on the Briskoda website. The ex-Guy Martin GSXR1000 has gone and there's been an arrival of a brand spanking Aprilia RSV4 aPRC ABS etc etc!!!!!

The Suzuki was a quick bike, very quick. It was the bike Guy rode in the 2004 TT and finished 7th on the senior. It was pretty much BSB spec and nigh on 200hp. However, ten years of technology has done wonders for out of the showroom bikes. This Aprilia is quicker, better brakes, handles better and is all round easier to ride.

in 2006 on 16.5" slicks I was lapping Cadwell at 1.39 on a hot lap. I'm doing regular 1.36 on the RSV4 on road tyres!!!

untitled-3384_zpskyzwqz4c.jpg

Crickey. Some proper bikes here eh haha.

Bet that things a riot to ride.

Im entertained just looking at a pic of it :D

I guess you can ride a bit then!  Welcome (back).

Cheers Chris.

There's riding and then there's "riding"! 

In 2006 I was doing those kind of laps and winning the odd trophy here and there in MRO club racing. Nowadays a 1.36 wouldn't put me in the top 20 of the Derby Phoenix  750cc - 1300cc class. The MRO is probably the most competitive club racing series and those lads (and lasses) are only a second or two behind the BSB riders.

I'm no slower than i was but everyone else is a hell of a lot quicker!!!

Well when the top 20 are sometimes only split by tenths it shows just how close the racing is.  I know I have looked at some of the racers at the back of the field and have wondered what they are doing out there but there is always going to be someone at the back and even they are not slow by any stretch of the imagination!

I have ridden around Cadwell but I think you could have timed it with an egg timer rather than a stopwatch!

So today has been an exciting day! After 2 and a half years with by 600 bandit s, my first bike, I have done a deal on a 2003 VFR 800 VTEC ABS model! Picking her up at the weekend! Photos to follow then.

I had been looking for an upgrade and couldn't make my mind up, always liked the vfr and loved the styling of the VTEC model. Hopefully I will be impressed. Not going to lie, I'll miss my bandit.

• Like 1

So today has been an exciting day! After 2 and a half years with by 600 bandit s, my first bike, I have done a deal on a 2003 VFR 800 VTEC ABS model! Picking her up at the weekend! Photos to follow then.

I had been looking for an upgrade and couldn't make my mind up, always liked the vfr and loved the styling of the VTEC model. Hopefully I will be impressed. Not going to lie, I'll miss my bandit.

Woo. Happy days.

Ive got the same bike.

Many miles on it? Do you know if the earth mod in the left side of the fairing has been sorted?

Woo. Happy days.

Ive got the same bike.

Many miles on it? Do you know if the earth mod in the left side of the fairing has been sorted?

Oh nice, what colour is yours?

It has 27,000 on the clock with 2 owners from new and full service history, only the last service wasn't done by Honda. I've had it from a main dealer so it comes with a service and warranty.

What's the earth mod? Are there any good forums online?

Cheers

Oh nice, what colour is yours?

It has 27,000 on the clock with 2 owners from new and full service history, only the last service wasn't done by Honda. I've had it from a main dealer so it comes with a service and warranty.

What's the earth mod? Are there any good forums online?

Cheers

Italian Red mate haha. Yours?

Sounds like a good one mate :).

On the pre 06 vtecs (you can tell the difference, earlier ones have orange indicators, later have clear) theres a little plug in the left hand side of the fairing. Its got alsorts of wires in, but the problematic one is usually the earth, its a really common thing.

When the earth loses connection inside the plug, then engine cuts out, lights go off, everything goes dead, just for a few seconds, then it kicks back in "pheww".

Mine did it when i first got it with 16k on the clock at about 80mph on a country road, at midnight. You can imagine what i was thinking 'hmm. Where was that next corner again. Oh ****.." Then it came back in.

Dont want to scare you, but its best to get it sorted before it happens.

Its a really easy fix, just find the plug, take abit of earth wire and bridge out the plug, connecting in at each side. This way it stays connected even if the plug goes dickie.

It was a recall in America and some other countries, but it never was in the UK for some reason. The 2006 onwards bikes has an improved loom.

Again, i dont wanna scare you, but id rather tell you now than you find out like i did. I was for taking it back to the shop and demanding my money back at first, then i found the fix, got the shop to do it FOC of course, and its not missed a beat since. 9k miles later.

Ive used VFR Discussion in the past and had some really helpful responses.

Next step.. 8 spoke rear wheel? ;):D

• Like 1

Sold my W800 and ordered one of these :) which is going to be my project / pet / fun thing with the RT as the workhorse. Really looking forward to it :)

4b3b9317ffffdabfea3e59e4b7485356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sold my W800 and ordered one of these :) which is going to be my project / pet / fun thing with the RT as the workhorse. Really looking forward to it :)

4b3b9317ffffdabfea3e59e4b7485356.jpg

that looks lovely mate. it really does 

a big boxer twin fan then? haha 

Italian Red mate haha. Yours?

Sounds like a good one mate :).

On the pre 06 vtecs (you can tell the difference, earlier ones have orange indicators, later have clear) theres a little plug in the left hand side of the fairing. Its got alsorts of wires in, but the problematic one is usually the earth, its a really common thing.

When the earth loses connection inside the plug, then engine cuts out, lights go off, everything goes dead, just for a few seconds, then it kicks back in "pheww".

Mine did it when i first got it with 16k on the clock at about 80mph on a country road, at midnight. You can imagine what i was thinking 'hmm. Where was that next corner again. Oh ****.." Then it came back in.

Dont want to scare you, but its best to get it sorted before it happens.

Its a really easy fix, just find the plug, take abit of earth wire and bridge out the plug, connecting in at each side. This way it stays connected even if the plug goes dickie.

It was a recall in America and some other countries, but it never was in the UK for some reason. The 2006 onwards bikes has an improved loom.

Again, i dont wanna scare you, but id rather tell you now than you find out like i did. I was for taking it back to the shop and demanding my money back at first, then i found the fix, got the shop to do it FOC of course, and its not missed a beat since. 9k miles later.

Ive used VFR Discussion in the past and had some really helpful responses.

Next step.. 8 spoke rear wheel? ;):D

That's helpful, thanks. I knew the indicators etc, much prefer the later ones but for my budget I got one of the best ones I could. Funny, mines red with black wheels! Best colour for a VFR IMO. How many miles on yours? Edited by Fabia_19

That's helpful, thanks. I knew the indicators etc, much prefer the later ones but for my budget I got one of the best ones I could. Funny, mines red with black wheels! Best colour for a VFR IMO. How many miles on yours?

its alright. just keep an eye out for it atleast mate. if it had happened to me on a bend, it is really potentially quite dangerous. 

mine was red n black wheels too.. until i got an 8 spoker wheel from a VFR750 and powdercoated both from and back, then fitted Delkavic cans (fitting aftermarket cans really is a must. its just sawing machine quiet on standard cans.. on decent cans it raws and growls) 

mines just about got 25k on it now i think matey. i change the oil every 4k instead of Hondas recommended 8k, as i think thats abit far. 

i went on a trip from home to Assen for the BSB this year. 700 miles in a day, set off at 7am, got there at 10pm, happy days. bike never missed a beat. Its plenty fast enough, especially once you get above 7k into the vtec, it can be quite fun.. itll also do 200 miles per tank if youre doing motorway miles without going too fast (so, in england basically haha). Get off the bike for a fuel stop, stretch the back and legs, and i was ready for another 180-200 miles. couldnt fault it really. 

then ill take it for a Sunday blast out and keep up with my mates on CBR's and Daytonas without worrying. 

i keep thinking of changing, but i cant decide. i keep thinking of some really high powered stuff, but then i think about how often i actually managed to keep the VFR pinned open for any amount of time. The realistic side of it is, you're going pretty damn quick on a 110bhp bike even if you just squirt up the bypass.. soon over 100mph, and thats banning territory.  So i also keep wondering 'why bother'. 

im still in 2 minds about getting a newer VFR haha. 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

that looks lovely mate. it really does

a big boxer twin fan then? haha

Indeed I am :)

Not everyone's cup of tea but I love them. RT was new in May and is just about to hit 10k miles, so getting plenty of use. R Nine T is a "life's to short" present to myself. I've got a couple of very good mates who've become very ill with a bleak prognosis, so have decided to pull the trigger on the R Nine T after admiring them since launch.

Already got big plans for it over the long term

Good to see the VFRs are popular, probably the single best all round bike ever made bar none.

• Like 1

Indeed I am :)

Not everyone's cup of tea but I love them. RT was new in May and is just about to hit 10k miles, so getting plenty of use. R Nine T is a "life's to short" present to myself. I've got a couple of very good mates who've become very ill with a bleak prognosis, so have decided to pull the trigger on the R Nine T after admiring them since launch.

Already got big plans for it over the long term

Good to see the VFRs are popular, probably the single best all round bike ever made bar none.

My dads a big fan too. raves about em.. wonders when im going to buy one... the trust is, id buy an R1200RS tomorrow if i had the money and the R9T looks bloody good fun for what it is. 

Sorry to hear about your mates :(. life really is too short. Gotta enjoy it whilst you can mate. A lad a few years older than me lost his lift a few weekends ago (27 years old). You cant take anything with you.. so enjoy it whilst you can, is how im thinking. 

VFR isnt bad mate. its fast enough.. handles well enough, and tours well enough. ive really got the itch for something else, but nothing ticks the boxes like the Viffer does. I keep thinking fast stuff, but theres always a compromise isnt their.

Ride safe :)

Edited by fabiamk2SE

My dad has an old 750 which has been so reliable and used in all weathers! Don't suppose you have a photo of the back end to show the exhaust straight on? I just think that because of the shape of the standard ones, the cans I've seen fitted make it look like something is missing and there are often big gap. It sounds awesome, love it! Those wheels are nice too.

My dad has an old 750 which has been so reliable and used in all weathers! Don't suppose you have a photo of the back end to show the exhaust straight on? I just think that because of the shape of the standard ones, the cans I've seen fitted make it look like something is missing and there are often big gap. It sounds awesome, love it! Those wheels are nice too.

The old gear driven cam engines were mega, no denying that haha.

Ill see if i can get you a pic up, ive got one on my phone but its getting it on here thats a pita haha.