FUBAR

Yeah, very disappointing! Especially when you're following someone with an exhaust system! The VTEC V4 howl is addictive, I'm in love with it!!! Here is a link to the pipes I really have my eyes set on. They can also make them slightly shorter which I am swinging towards.

http://www.quillexhausts.com/slide_images/slide133.jpg

What do you think? The video on their YouTube account sounds good as well. Not a bad price including fitting as well.

Cheers :)

That looks brill tbh! I like it! Goes with the angular style of the viffer.

Of course the baffles will disappear? Haha.

Ill look at the vid when i get on the computer later.

I have thought about getting rid of the vfr but i dont know what for. So i might just get a newer one tbh :D

They do two types, one with removable baffles and one which doesn't have baffles at all. Not sure how but both of them are road legal. I'm swinging towards the non baffle option which is the one on the photos. I'll ring tomorrow for more information and to book it in!!!

A lot of people find them boring bikes but they do everything and I love the style of the VTEC one. Plenty fast enough for me!

Was really strange, christmas week, riding the bike and still getting a bit warm with single layer clothes on :D 

When on my way home, filtered to the front at a set of lights (dual carriageway) and while waiting for the lights to change heard a bike behind me. Once they went green I gunned it to give him space to get ahead of the cars too, all I saw was a white blur of bike going past me :D Got to the next lot of lights, it was a freshy VFR 800, white with bronze wheels, oh man it was beautiful, really looked lovely. 

Nice little ride really. 

• Like 2

They do two types, one with removable baffles and one which doesn't have baffles at all. Not sure how but both of them are road legal. I'm swinging towards the non baffle option which is the one on the photos. I'll ring tomorrow for more information and to book it in!!!

A lot of people find them boring bikes but they do everything and I love the style of the VTEC one. Plenty fast enough for me!

i think id be lookin at the ones with removable baffles tbh. just incase you spend all that money on it, then it does your head in cos its abit too loud on longer trips. Anything will seem loud after getting used to how quiet it is standard. 

i think people just say theyre boring because they arent harsh to ride, not unpleasantly comfy etc etc. which suits me tbh. haha 

well, with all this talk of bikes today, i had a quick spin on mine just before it went dark. Told myself ill just pootle about. Which i was doing.. until the Focus ST infront started getting playful. After doing all my miles in a 70bhp car, i couldn't resist the temptation to open up. Quick blip up to 110 (kmh again.. of course) and everything is good. I feel miles better for a run out. 

Well i did.. until i got back and realised someones scratched me car and driven off. URGH

Was really strange, christmas week, riding the bike and still getting a bit warm with single layer clothes on :D

When on my way home, filtered to the front at a set of lights (dual carriageway) and while waiting for the lights to change heard a bike behind me. Once they went green I gunned it to give him space to get ahead of the cars too, all I saw was a white blur of bike going past me :D Got to the next lot of lights, it was a freshy VFR 800, white with bronze wheels, oh man it was beautiful, really looked lovely. 

Nice little ride really. 

was that on the CB1000? didnt think a VFR would get past that tbh.. but then i havent ridden the CB. 

They do look well in white dont they. My second favourite colour i think. i really like the shade of red that the post 2007 vtecs get. its quite a classy red imo

I can't fault mine, can't wait for some dry roads to have a proper ride. What bike do you ride?

I have this (the black one)

IMG_6179_zps4cy2519o.jpg

CB1000R

was that on the CB1000? didnt think a VFR would get past that tbh.. but then i havent ridden the CB. 

They do look well in white dont they. My second favourite colour i think. i really like the shade of red that the post 2007 vtecs get. its quite a classy red imo

I was on the CB but my 'gunning it' to get out the way is most likely everyone elses 'miss daisy' :D I opened it up a little but nowhere near flat out, it was only a 40 limit. 

I was really struck by the white/bronze combo, looked fantastic. 

I have this (the black one)

IMG_6179_zps4cy2519o.jpg

CB1000R

I was on the CB but my 'gunning it' to get out the way is most likely everyone elses 'miss daisy' :D I opened it up a little but nowhere near flat out, it was only a 40 limit. 

I was really struck by the white/bronze combo, looked fantastic. 

lovely looking bikes mate :) 

ah. the VFR is a V4 so its quite torquey low down, then you keep it open till 7k (personally, i dont do this in first gear, as the VTEC kicks in abit abruptly and the front wheel rises just as abruptly) and it gets into 16v mode and does pull well until the redline 

id of thought the CB would have a little more top end (130bhp arent they?) and is a little lighter but youll have to wind it up towards the higher revs to get it? id assume? but im not sure, before im also assuming its a detuned CBR1000 engine for less peakyness? 

lovely looking bikes mate :)

ah. the VFR is a V4 so its quite torquey low down, then you keep it open till 7k (personally, i dont do this in first gear, as the VTEC kicks in abit abruptly and the front wheel rises just as abruptly) and it gets into 16v mode and does pull well until the redline 

id of thought the CB would have a little more top end (130bhp arent they?) and is a little lighter but youll have to wind it up towards the higher revs to get it? id assume? but im not sure, before im also assuming its a detuned CBR1000 engine for less peakyness? 

Thank you, that was our first stop on our tour back in March. 

The CB is 130, detuned CBR1000 engine, I'll be honest, the throttle has a loooong travel, it's like you turn it 360 degrees from nothing to wide open throttle. Now, because it still surprises me how fast the thing is, I have a habit of opening it as far as my wrist is comfortable, feeling like it's pulling away really fast and thats it, still having a good amount of travel left on the throttle. I flew about today, country roads and dual carriageways, I doubt I actually had the throttle 100% open once tbh :D When my brother had his GSXR 600 I was getting left behind all the time until I positioned my wrist further forward so I was hitting the throttle stop and I was well away then! :D 

So having said all that I'm most likely not the best person to comment lol, to me it just feels fast all the time BUT, it does really fly in the upper half of the rev range. I'm the best part of 25 stone to lug about too though haha. 

Thank you, that was our first stop on our tour back in March. 

The CB is 130, detuned CBR1000 engine, I'll be honest, the throttle has a loooong travel, it's like you turn it 360 degrees from nothing to wide open throttle. Now, because it still surprises me how fast the thing is, I have a habit of opening it as far as my wrist is comfortable, feeling like it's pulling away really fast and thats it, still having a good amount of travel left on the throttle. I flew about today, country roads and dual carriageways, I doubt I actually had the throttle 100% open once tbh :D When my brother had his GSXR 600 I was getting left behind all the time until I positioned my wrist further forward so I was hitting the throttle stop and I was well away then! :D

So having said all that I'm most likely not the best person to comment lol, to me it just feels fast all the time BUT, it does really fly in the upper half of the rev range. I'm the best part of 25 stone to lug about too though haha. 

i cant help thinking a VFR wheel would bolt straight on nicely though haha ;) haha. 

yeah! thats the problem on  more bikes than youd think i think. Its such a basic thing.. but my dads commented on it on many of the slightly older BMW's (his 2004 GS was the latest he told me). The throttle just goes back more thn your wrist, so if you really want to open it up 100% you have to sort of let go, get a grip further up and then pull it back. its not a complicated thing is it.. but i guess the shorter teh travel the snappier it is and more sensitive it is. 

the vfr isnt bad. ive not really thought about it tbh.. but it seems easy enough. i can always get full bore without repositioning. Im more the other way.. i can use full throttle to get past cars, but i wont use all teh revs. ill use full throttle and shift under 7k rpm and go through the gears that way (sort of like shifting a petrol car at 3k i suppose. its starting to chime and then ill shift) its quick enough doing that. But maybe thats why i get along with the VTEC. I wouldnt want to be cycling between 8 and 16v all the times. 

if im serious.. like i was getting past that ST earlier, ill hold it back in a gear thats just before the 7k vtec, then ill let it pull through into the vtec, past everything, and upshift when i think, usually 9k tbh, but it does pull even harder right through until the redline, then i really do get a buzz haha. 

its been a while since ive been on the bike.. and 100% throttle and leaving that focus behind earlier really woke me up again... can it be summer again please.. 

• Like 1

Could always use a quick throttle conversion or maybe even go for a throttle barrel off another model that shortens the travel?

On the CB the Fireblade throttle barrel (twist grip) may well just slot straight on.

• Like 1

Decided to go for the Quill Reva system, the bike is being collected next week! Can't fault their customer service and knowledge so far. The system does have removable baffles as well, unlike some systems they do not blank one of the cans off either so it's a full working system.

Can't wait!

Decided to go for the Quill Reva system, the bike is being collected next week! Can't fault their customer service and knowledge so far. The system does have removable baffles as well, unlike some systems they do not blank one of the cans off either so it's a full working system.

Can't wait!

Woo. Sounds mega!

Exciting times.

They collect it, fit it and deliver it then? Thats good!

Not difficult to do yourself, but i guess its abit late now anyway :D

Would be good! Might be abit more touchy n snappy though? Careful inputs required, even more than normal? Aha.

I can either go for a Fireblade tube which would be 1/4 turn or a HRC which would be 1/6 turn :D I'll get the HRC one, if I dont like it I'll swap it with my mates stock 'blade tube and he can have it. 

• Like 1

I can either go for a Fireblade tube which would be 1/4 turn or a HRC which would be 1/6 turn :D I'll get the HRC one, if I dont like it I'll swap it with my mates stock 'blade tube and he can have it.

Sounds like a plan mate.

I bet that will make it feel much snappier

• Like 1

Woo. Sounds mega!

Exciting times.

They collect it, fit it and deliver it then? Thats good!

Not difficult to do yourself, but i guess its abit late now anyway :D

Yeah, you can't get any easier than being in for the collection date and delivery date! The fitting is included within the overall price and then collection service was £25. I thought for £25 I'd rather let them do it as they're the experts, plus for what little cost they charge it's really not worth the hassle! I wouldn't trust myself on something like that. I can't wait, it'll change the bike completely! Edited by Fabia_19

Yeah, you can't get any easier than being in for the collection date and delivery date! The fitting is included within the overall price and then collection service was £25. I thought for £25 I'd rather let them do it as they're the experts, plus for what little cost they charge it's really not worth the hassle! I wouldn't trust myself on something like that. I can't wait, it'll change the bike completely!

I agree mate. For £25 you cant go wrong.

Ill be interested in what you think afterwards. It will change the bike completely im sure!

They do look good. Ive not seen the Quill ones before tbh

Edit: just looked on their site. I wonder why it lists 02-05 but not later? Nothin changed exhaust wise, as far as im aware?

Edited by fabiamk2SE

I agree mate. For £25 you cant go wrong.

Ill be interested in what you think afterwards. It will change the bike completely im sure!

They do look good. Ive not seen the Quill ones before tbh

Edit: just looked on their site. I wonder why it lists 02-05 but not later? Nothin changed exhaust wise, as far as im aware?

I'll definitely report back when it's been done and try to upload a decent video to YouTube. My father has Quill's and the quality is brill, just hope mine sound half as good as his do!

Not sure why it just says 02-05. There website doesn't look like it's very modern/ up to date. I think that those pipes look the absolute business!

• Like 1

I'll definitely report back when it's been done and try to upload a decent video to YouTube. My father has Quill's and the quality is brill, just hope mine sound half as good as his do!

Not sure why it just says 02-05. There website doesn't look like it's very modern/ up to date. I think that those pipes look the absolute business!

Top man! You never know, i might follow suit if i do get another Viffer haha

Itll sound different of course, but still deep and throaty. You still get the Vtec howl over ruling the exhaust note even with a loud can on.

Where abouts in the country are you from mate? (:

Hi all. Not been on here for a while. Swapped out my zx10r for an MT09 tracer back in March. Got hit by a car 5 weeks ago but bike repaired and I'm back riding again now. Just all the crap to deal with now.

Top man! You never know, i might follow suit if i do get another Viffer haha

Itll sound different of course, but still deep and throaty. You still get the Vtec howl over ruling the exhaust note even with a loud can on.

Where abouts in the country are you from mate? (:

I'm from Shropshire, what about yourself?