FUBAR

Yeah it is ta! :D :clap:

Had the electrics done in the shed yesterday so I have light and power now.  It is dry here, windy and a little bit on the chilly side but I am not ruling out a bit of a bimble on the Tiger. I mean if I get it mucky it is going to be cleaned by someone else (properly) on Friday so what have I to lose?

I am actually waiting for the wind to dry out the drive so I can finish putting the sand in between the blocks and if that happens it is too windy and it blows the sand away.  o good job I have plenty to do and all day every day to do it!  Oh and that includes getting a rise out of our plumber friends.  Where is Striple when you need him?

Yeah it is ta! :D :clap:

Had the electrics done in the shed yesterday so I have light and power now. It is dry here, windy and a little bit on the chilly side but I am not ruling out a bit of a bimble on the Tiger. I mean if I get it mucky it is going to be cleaned by someone else (properly) on Friday so what have I to lose?

I am actually waiting for the wind to dry out the drive so I can finish putting the sand in between the blocks and if that happens it is too windy and it blows the sand away. o good job I have plenty to do and all day every day to do it! Oh and that includes getting a rise out of our plumber friends. Where is Striple when you need him?

Sounds good mate! (:

yeah go for a ride. Why not (:

Haha. Striple? The Voldermort of Brisky Bikers section? ;):D

Nobody ever takes me up on this but :)

Here's an open invite for the first European Tour I'm doing next year, so far I've got the following tagging along

Me on the RT with my Son (Or my on the R Nine T If my son bails)

KTM 950

KTM 990 SMR

S1000R

6 x Westfields coming along as well.

I've got the loose outline of the routes planned, and key hotels booked

Meeting in Eindhoven on 28th May (I can get discount Ferry Tickets, I'm going Hull - Rotterdam), returning 4th June

Heading down through Belgium, taking in Malmedy, Bastogne, dropping to Saarbrucken overnight, heading into the North Vosges National park in France, Baden Baden, the B500 and Lake Constance. 4 days in Austria, then back via Heilbronn and onto the ferry.

I can add extra people to the Austrian Accommodation and give you details of the other planned stopovers to book yourself and can help with ferry bookings.

It's a great week, the first and last day are total ball breakers, but the rest of the trip is chilled, Grossglockener is open at that time of year as are Nockalmstrasse and the Maltatal High Alpine road. You just go at your own pace, we just all arrange to finish the day at the same spot for beer, coffee, stories :)

If you've never done a euro trip, then come on :) You can see picks of the last few years earlier in this thread. You don't need a big bike to do this trip either, in recent years we've had a couple of ER6's and a Chinese 650, and 3 years ago a VFR400.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great week, the first and last day are total ball breakers, but the rest of the trip is chilled, Grossglockener is open at that time of year as are Nockalmstrasse and the Maltatal High Alpine road. .

Myself and some mates did almost exactly this route last July (2014) and whilst it was brilliant fun, the weather was dreadful. Most of the time in Austria we were dodging rain, hail and sleet.

Not as warm and sunny as my August 2011 round trip to Naples :-)

You'll have a great time though. Enjoy!

A few years ago I'd be the one with my knee on the deck, now the latter. Damn that osteoarthritis!

Normally I don't feel anything much in right leg and don't think I should or could get that knee down so I only do with the left what I can do with the right. Last night though for the first time I think the cold got to my metal work and it was friggin agony! 

Most of my metalwork has been out for some years but the cold still affects me. Even though the metal has gone the pain still lingers, it's just something you have to accept.

I'd accept it more if the NHS hadn't have delayed the operation to remove it for over 18 months from when it was meant to be and then failed the operation due to the bone having bonded to the titanium over that time. Bone graft taking top 1.5 inches off my Tibia and rebuilding the knee again for nothing........ 

So I picked my Honda VFR800 VTEC up two weeks ago and so far I am absoloutely over the moon with it. I have struggled to upload any photos as they exceed the 2mb allowance :(

Today I spent over two and a half hours removing the rear rack and top box, a job which I thought would only take 20 minutes! By the looks of it the box had been fitted for a considerable amount of time and the bolts had seized badly! In the end I had to drill two of the allen key bolts out! Absoloute pain of a job. It now looks so much smarter without the top box and with the single seat cowell.

I now have my heart set on a new exhuast system, coming from a bike with a full system this is too quiet and I want to hear the V4 VTEC singing!!! Anybody got any recomendations for exhuasts for the VTEC model? I'd like to keep it looking as nice as possible, some of the exhuasts I have seen look like a walk in exhuast and don't fit as nicely as the standard one.

Cheers :)

So I picked my Honda VFR800 VTEC up two weeks ago and so far I am absoloutely over the moon with it. I have struggled to upload any photos as they exceed the 2mb allowance :(

Today I spent over two and a half hours removing the rear rack and top box, a job which I thought would only take 20 minutes! By the looks of it the box had been fitted for a considerable amount of time and the bolts had seized badly! In the end I had to drill two of the allen key bolts out! Absoloute pain of a job. It now looks so much smarter without the top box and with the single seat cowell.

I now have my heart set on a new exhuast system, coming from a bike with a full system this is too quiet and I want to hear the V4 VTEC singing!!! Anybody got any recomendations for exhuasts for the VTEC model? I'd like to keep it looking as nice as possible, some of the exhuasts I have seen look like a walk in exhuast and don't fit as nicely as the standard one.

Glad you like it! (:

The rack should be a 10 min job when all goes well. I take mine off and put it back on as i please. Theres infills which cover the grab rail holes and it looks miles better.

Exhaust. Ive got Delkevic twin cans on. Good price.. Quality isnt quite as good as others, but it does sound well. Baffleless ofc.

Ive got a little video clip, if youre interested ill try to upload

Yeah. I thought it would be a simple job but took the whole afternoon in the end as the bolts were seized! Ended up being a right pain! I intend to keep the handles on so my other half can go on the back as well.

If you've got a video that would be great. I've seen some Quill pipes which look amazing, my old man has quill on his Ducati and they sound beautiful.

Yeah. I thought it would be a simple job but took the whole afternoon in the end as the bolts were seized! Ended up being a right pain! I intend to keep the handles on so my other half can go on the back as well.

If you've got a video that would be great. I've seen some Quill pipes which look amazing, my old man has quill on his Ducati and they sound beautiful.

I know what you mean.. What a nightmare!

Quill are nice cans. The VFR 6th gen is abit restricted in the way that not too many make pipes for it. They need to be stubby cans, or they over hang the back too much and it looks silly.

It is far too quiet standard though isnt it. It ruined it abit when i first got it. Open it up and it just went, can barely hear it. Then theres that howl at 7k i love the sound of tbh.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac276/otaylor38/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.4519C826-5170-46DF-A2B1-0A67F6081672.mp4

Not sure if that links gonna work.. Thats just a quick vid of twin Delkavics with no baffle in of course. Not sure theyre strictly road legal as i was told they dont have the BS number or kitemark, or something or other. Ive never really looked and its never bothered me or caused me problems tbh

What a wonderfully bright and warm day to have a blast on the bike.  

Had to jump start it but once going joyous.   Half an hour ride, probably not enough to charge the battery.

Saw the cops were out and about early, looked like they were setting up for a breathalyzing and/or speed trap.

What a joy motorcycling is in those relatively few bright, warm winter days.  

A move to Southern Spain where this weather is much more regularly like this is so attractive to do more of this more often.

Has some good aspects this "Climate Change" thing.  

Edited by lol-lol

I know what you mean.. What a nightmare!

Quill are nice cans. The VFR 6th gen is abit restricted in the way that not too many make pipes for it. They need to be stubby cans, or they over hang the back too much and it looks silly.

It is far too quiet standard though isnt it. It ruined it abit when i first got it. Open it up and it just went, can barely hear it. Then theres that howl at 7k i love the sound of tbh.

Yeah, very disappointing! Especially when you're following someone with an exhaust system! The VTEC V4 howl is addictive, I'm in love with it!!! Here is a link to the pipes I really have my eyes set on. They can also make them slightly shorter which I am swinging towards.

http://www.quillexhausts.com/slide_images/slide133.jpg

What do you think? The video on their YouTube account sounds good as well. Not a bad price including fitting as well.

About thirty rules ago I rode the VF500 and it stand out to this day.

Don't think I have ridden anything smoother except the Norton W*nkels (smooth as a V8/12).

High redline at 13k or so was high for the day.  It was so different from the Kawasaki H1 and even XJs I had at the time.

Felt like a Swiss watch. Race versions RC30/45 (?), they did howl in a special way.

Shame Honda have never done a road race replica  of the RC213 V4 to capitalize on MotoGP success.