FUBAR

I'll keep an eye out for one of those kevlar mesh jackets. Although it's not great here. Having to put my layers back in my textile trousers.

As for higher octane I presume it's like cars and only ones tuned for it notice the difference?

On the fuel front, the last bike could/would run on anything inc crapy E10 stuff but ran best on 98 or 101 or 102. There is a difference on how the bike responds and its a fairly dull bike as it goes, basic 1000cc in line 4 sports tourer. The last bike used to make flame :D this one is ....... more sensible in a moped ish way :( Not mechanically minded enough to know the answer but feels more responsive when you go from a tank of bog standard to throwing in the good stuff. It may be good to run the odd tank of higher octane stuff from time to time, I run on it almost exclusively. .

I've got a Hein Gerike Air 2 jacket, which has mesh panels in the front but not as much as that one. On a british summers day I usually need a windproof fleece underneath it :D Leather trousers must be a bit warm though. I love my draggin' zipoffs in warm weather.

The Mrs went to go out on her Diversion 600 this morning and noticed a loose bolt, when she prodded it the head fell of her rear engine mounting bolt :o Luckily it's a big long one that goes all the way through so I can pull it out from the other end, I had a moment of thinking I was going to have to try and drill it out or snap another easyout in it..

Edited by RizzoTheRat

Just saw this on a biker forum, gave me the willies. You just know the cager will have tried to blame biker, good job it was on camera. Hope he was ok....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e6_1369678646

Car drivers fault. Failed to check it was safe to pull out. It wasn't as if the bike came from nowhere, he followed the idiot in the car for a long time before he tried the overtake so the car driver could hardly claim he came from 'nowhere' I had a similar thing happen to me 20 years ago on my VFR. My car driver was a solicitor in an audi. He ended up backwards in a ditch. Plod turned uo and confirmed it was the car drivers fault- the brief was very displeased. I went on my way whike he had to get the train and the copper went back to the station to tell his mates all aboit it (as like the poor rider in the clip the biker normally comes off worse). Upsetting video though.

I have a joe rocket mesh jacket and love it. With just a t shirt underneath, the airflow keeps me cool. Still has armour on elbows and spine protector

Yea same with mine, the time I came off I was wearing it, has a mark on one elbow though where elbow came out of the armour and ground through elbow to the old bone. Whoops :D I now have the sleeve straps a little tighter :think: :blush:

This video is very special to me, enjoy.

The above video as I said has a special importance to me. My cousins son has been ridding MX and competing for years and climbing higher and higher showing real talent, making a name for himself in the sport. He fell seriously ill a couple of months ago, which gave him no chance at all. He has been in hospital since, too weak to be brought home. In the video above Martin Barr (#50) has put Callan's number and name on his front fairing panel, which is so big a thing to have done (2:04 on video they do a close up on it #338 Callan McErlain).

Hours after posting the video on here this morning Callan passed away. Absolutely sickens me to think what his parents must be going through, so cruel and totally unfair a thing to happen to anyone, let alone a teenager at a time when he should only have had to worry about his GCSE's. It's heart wrenching to read the posts on his facebook page, where all his pals are saying their goodbyes.

338%2520CALLAN%2520MCERLAIN.png

I think the only words for today are the typical ones:

"Life's too short" and "Live for the moment". Both very true and poniente in Callan's case, he achieved so much in his short time.

Well today was spent cleaning the Fabia and fitting my new exhaust to the Street Triple.

Sounds like a proper bike now!!

899D174A-E395-46B3-9768-E11D66184FC5-7057-0000056B16F84287_zps9157372f.jpg

Like the colour of the Fabia!

Well my bike passed it's MOT. Think I will write a FS thread on here this evening. I've actually done just over 700 miles since I bought it back in December 2011.

My pending move back to the UK sucks ass! The freedom the Germans offer you is fantastic and will be the single biggest thing I will miss, with their unrestricted autobahns and awesome slip roads that twist back 270 Degrees....... :(

Z1000SX%2520239%2520A46.png

Z1000SX%2520Ausfahrt.png

The above video as I said has a special importance to me. My cousins son has been ridding MX and competing for years and climbing higher and higher showing real talent, making a name for himself in the sport. He fell seriously ill a couple of months ago, which gave him no chance at all. He has been in hospital since, too weak to be brought home. In the video above Martin Barr (#50) has put Callan's number and name on his front fairing panel, which is so big a thing to have done (2:04 on video they do a close up on it #338 Callan McErlain).

Hours after posting the video on here this morning Callan passed away. Absolutely sickens me to think what his parents must be going through, so cruel and totally unfair a thing to happen to anyone, let alone a teenager at a time when he should only have had to worry about his GCSE's. It's heart wrenching to read the posts on his facebook page, where all his pals are saying their goodbyes.

338%2520CALLAN%2520MCERLAIN.png

I think the only words for today are the typical ones:

"Life's too short" and "Live for the moment". Both very true and poniente in Callan's case, he achieved so much in his short time.

So sad to hear this FUBAR - thinking of you and the family .

Totally agree with your two sayings. Have spent the last 8 years working in Paediatric Palliative care and sadly have seen that life doesn't seem to mete out a fair hand to everyone. :0( .

Wonderful that Callan achieved so much and that he has left those fantastic memories and cause to celebrate his life with you all.

Take Care x

• Like 1

Got back from a wee tour last week, Home to Hull, Ferry to Rotterdam, Rotterdam to Berlin in one hop, Rammstein gig in Berlin that evening, then a days rest bumming around Berlin. Headed out of Berlin into the "old" East, down through Torgau, onto Colditz and then got to my mates hotel in the Harz. A few days hooning around the Harz, checking out the Border museums and eating cake, then back via a scenic route to Rotterdam, not hitting any motorway until well into Holland. Had my 11 year old son on the back of the GSA with me, and he did the 470 mile trip from Rotterdam to Berlin (missing out chunks of Autobahn) without a complaint and loved the whole trip :)

Here's a few pictures

944251_10151383833867396_1865883927_n.jpg

9078207644_0cb1cb525d_o.jpg

DSC00443 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9075861613_6ccac6738d_o.jpg

DSC00560 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9078127916_768f60d3e3_o.jpg

DSC00530 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9078157470_104d459cd6_o.jpg

DSC00499 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9075932629_5508109a4b_o.jpg

DSC00497 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9078162734_16917a3696_o.jpg

DSC00493 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

9075720337_181efc06a6_o.jpg

DSC00664 by Mr Fluffmeister, on Flickr

• Like 1

Well I'm pleased to say I have passed my Direct Access today! I now have a full license and I recently brought a Suzuki GSF600S Bandit. I can not wait to get out now and look forward to all of the fun that I'm sure I'll now have :D

• Like 2

Well I'm pleased to say I have passed my Direct Access today! I now have a full license and I recently brought a Suzuki GSF600S Bandit. I can not wait to get out now and look forward to all of the fun that I'm sure I'll now have :D

Congratulations, now the learning begins :D Best get some pics of the Bandit up. I love pics :D

• Like 1

Congratulations, now the learning begins :D Best get some pics of the Bandit up. I love pics :D

I'll get some pics up soon, not on my pc right now. It's a 2000, W reg, in red, fully faired with lowers as well. Can't wait to ride it tomorrow! It really is in fantastic condition for the age.

Thanks again :)

• Like 1

I'll get some pics up soon, not on my pc right now. It's a 2000, W reg, in red, fully faired with lowers as well. Can't wait to ride it tomorrow! It really is in fantastic condition for the age.

Thanks again :)

Good man! Hope the weather is kind to you, take it easy and learn the bike. Makes me want to go out right now :D

Passed the MoT with only one advisory (rear brake pads near limit, but I need to give it a service in the next few weeks anyway), so all my camping gear is now packed ready for next weekend in Wales.

like these :D

c1597_John_Player_Special_5356907502_3cc9ce348e.jpg

Kawasaki%20ZX-10R%20Emerson%20Fittipaldi%20%201.jpg

84.jpg

art-of-racer_com-harleyDavidson02.jpg

JPS colours do suit bikes well I think. There was a 675 Daytona that was more or less JPS colours too.

• Like 1

Got some bad news. I had an off but this time for the bike it was terminal. Bimbled up to Brecon no problems and headed for Upper Chapel to take a quieter road to Builth Wells. Slowed down for a left hand bend, doing no more than 40 as the bend was blind, turned in off the brakes the put a little power back on. A van come round the corner and I brake a bit, back end steps out grips and high sided me. I rolled down the road and jumped up to find I couldn't breath and the van had stopped on the grass bank with a blown tyre. Found out later he run over the bike after it landed so lucky really it threw me off. Whole front end is in bits. Clocks survived but forks were snapped when he run over it. Being Third Party I'll scrap the bike. It's so far from home it wouldn't be worth bringing it home to strip plus as it stands it's £150 recovery and £15 a day where it is. I still have to tell the insurer it happened but there's nothing for me to claim for. Not sure how it all works from now. Presumably the van driver gets any claim from the insurance. My next quotes will be high but that's expected. Will be a long time before I'm on a bike again. Car needs a few things before the month is out.

My injuries are no broken bones but I've grazed elbows and knees. Hyper extended all the ligaments in my left foot. Nothing broken just sore to stand on. Shows proper gear works. My alarm was in my pocket and that ripped through and ended up several yards away. That's ruined too. Boots have scraped but all still useable so that's something and not a mark on my lid either. Got the tax off the bike so at least that can be cashed in. Glad I bought a relatively cheap bike now. Still lost about £2.5k but could have been way worse. I'll stick a photo of the bike up in a bit. It's been an expensive and painful afternoon but at least I'm here :(