New Badges fitted with pictures

Hi Buddiedave

Sorry yes my car is actually candy white but the front grill is black which I was led to believe is called candy black its the same colour as my wheels. I have also removed the Octavia badge from the rear too as I thought this makes the back end look a lot better. Hope that makes more sense to you and hopefully you should see some pictures below.

image_zps1373e95f.jpg

image_zps31f6b417.jpg

Edited by Bigboy

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just ordered and received the 1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front) for the front of my Octavia 2006 Estate.

Thanks go to number1forskoda on the bay of E for quick service!

Anyhoo, what a mission to get the front one off. I have done it before on a 2005 Octavia and that was easy but agree with others, the best way is hot water and using dental floss to saw through the sticky pads after destroying the plastic at the rear of the badge.

Trouble is, I have noticed that the pins on the badge do not align up with the holes on the badge holding plate on the grill. I guess this is obvious since this badge was never intended for the Octavia II.

What are peoples methods for ensuring their badge is perfectly aligned and straight?  Cut the pins on the badge, or drill new holes on the chrome surround?

Perhaps I've been sent the wrong badge, detailed on the back is 1SR 853 601 A - correct one?

Picture 1 shows the pin locations on the original (left) and the new one (right).

Picture 2 shows all three, orignal boot badge, original front badge and new Skoda badge

Picture 3 shows  the rear of the same, Original boot badge, original front badge and new Skoda badge.

Cheers for any advice.

post-40219-0-49941100-1380630221_thumb.jpg

post-40219-0-82626100-1380630244_thumb.jpg

post-40219-0-81365600-1380630248_thumb.jpg

Hi all, just ordered and received the 1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front) for the front of my Octavia 2006 Estate.

Thanks go to number1forskoda [/size]on the bay of E for quick service![/size]

Anyhoo, what a mission to get the front one off. I have done it before on a 2005 Octavia and that was easy but agree with others, the best way is hot water and using dental floss to saw through the sticky pads after destroying the plastic at the rear of the badge.

Trouble is, I have noticed that the pins on the badge do not align up with the holes on the badge holding plate on the grill. I guess this is obvious since this badge was never intended for the Octavia II.

What are peoples methods for ensuring their badge is perfectly aligned and straight?  Cut the pins on the badge, or drill new holes on the chrome surround?

Perhaps I've been sent the wrong badge, detailed on the back is 1SR 853 601 A - correct one?

Picture 1 shows the pin locations on the original (left) and the new one (right).

Picture 2 shows all three, orignal boot badge, original front badge and new Skoda badge

Picture 3 shows  the rear of the same, Original boot badge, original front badge and new Skoda badge.

Cheers for any advice.

On new badge you just snap off the extra lug on back I think then it lines up fine with the other 2.

Can't decide whether to fit new badges or not. Think on the front the new style, with the level of shininess, might look a bit much on a colour-coded black grille?

Can't decide whether to fit new badges or not. Think on the front the new style, with the level of shininess, might look a bit much on a colour-coded black grille?

photoshop?

I needed to as the old badges looked awful 

On a Pre-Fl? I have mine done.

Just done my rear (!?) and very happy with that result too.

Mine had de-laminated and the lacquer was all peely and horrible so it had to be done.  I have grown to like the new badge more and more since fitting!

post-40219-0-77896800-1380730403_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yup, for me on a 2006 Mk2 Octavia estate I used:

Front - 1ST853601AAUL

Rear -  5J0853621AAUL 

Pricing at October 2013:

1ST853601AAUL - £8.76 + VAT

5J0853621AAUL - £12.85 + VAT

From Murray Skoda Plymouth, though I paid a bit more using "number1forskoda" on E-Bay, which is actually Rainworth Skoda in Manfield.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

what are you worried about?

I took the front grille off, put masking tape around the edge so not to damage the grilled when I used a flat tool and hair drier to pry it off

Did the same for the rear using the tape for protection, hair drier and tool. 

Used white spirit to clean up the sticky residue 

• Like 1

Agreed. I think when I do mine they will be getting a coat of matt black Plasti Dip before I fit them so they match my grill.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted mine today. Pretty easy to do. Was expecting it to be harder.

null_zpsb01dec6a.jpg

null_zps1ac98555.jpg

null_zps9e69a823.jpg

Grill is to be sprayed matt black now as I ripped a little of the wrap taking the old badge off.