Real life 0-60 vrs

I think I have read the mk2 vrs is 7.3s to 60. Just wondering of anyone has any real life figures to throw in there. Also looking forward to hear what figures you modifiers are getting :-)

Yea we (me and the mrs) very crudely measured it (on a private road) and got 0-60 in 6.7 ish with a little wheels spinage. Not sure how that compared to what other people and getting with proper testing equipment/drag track days etc

Theres an app on iPhone called r.s monitor

Made by Renault sport but should work for any car. Free too and does 0-60 etc using its built in gps.

I must try It one day.

2.7 seconds

Beechy Head.

Being a student of metrology the figure is valid to compare where the conditions and instruments etc are the same.

Getting 20% or so better than the manufacturers figures is interesting.

I have long held the belief that manufacturers try harder with some cars than others.

We have a 1.2 HTP and giving it death I bet is way quicker than 16.5 seconds.

Fabia VRS feels quicker than Octavia VRS but it is probably the go cart affect of the smaller car.

Was always impressed with the 1.8 TSI DSG (7.8s) running against the VRS as it did not seem like 20/40 hp different.

In wet Britain where wheel spin or traction control kicking is the bug bear so just keep thinking the next car should/will be 4 wheel drive.

Just think how well the BMWs get off the line with rear wheel drive. Perhaps hybrid power on the rear wheels to help with acceleration.

Edited by lol

Mine was recorded with professional timing equipment at GTI international, stage 2 Shark performance and stock tyres/suspension at 5.6seconds. That was bruntingthorp which hasbt got the best surface and it was damp so i was pretty impressed as you can imagine.

Mines now alot more powerful but its think slower 0-60 as i now have issues with traction. not tried it since fitting the semi slicks as ive been hitting ther torque limiters on the DSG box anyway

It will be way quicker than the manufacturers time. Just look at the figure for mine in my sig compared to 8.4 iirc for the manufacturer figures...but i presume they didn't time that using launch control! My figure was official from GTI International last year.

100% stock, did the 0-100 km/h with crappy (for drag use) winter tyres Nexen Winguard Sport (fully warmed up though) in 6.7 seconds, as measured from Torque application. Very very nice suprise compared to "official" 7.3. I'd imagine it could do it in 6.5 now with proper tyres on, as others have claimed.

My Polo Gti managed this .........

IMAG0340.jpg

Using a Racelogic Performance Box...accurate to 0.1 seconds, 0.1 mph and within 10 cm over 400m.

My Sticky tyres play a big part in this.

• Like 1

My Polo Gti managed this .........

IMAG0340.jpg

Using a Racelogic Performance Box...accurate to 0.1 seconds, 0.1 mph and within 10 cm over 400m.

My Sticky tyres play a big part in this.

Whaaat, that Polo can't be standard?!

the 0-100 figure is waay more than standard. Isn't the standard something like 16/18 secs?

I got 7.3 to 60 last night (Recording with reliable GPS phone app)

Edited by JJRS

Whaaat, that Polo can't be standard?!

the 0-100 figure is waay more than standard. Isn't the standard something like 16/18 secs?

I got 7.3 to 60 last night (Recording with reliable GPS phone app)

No, my Polo has much more than standard power. Revo stage 2 with full bolt-ons, hybrid turbo, water methanol injection, full suspension and brake uprades. B)

Also Semi-slick tyres and lightweight wheels.

Edited by Hurdy

Is your Racelogic box allowing a foot run out, like you get at Santa Pod where you are already rolling when you cross the start line?

I used to find that gave slightly low 0-10mph times so was not really 100% accurate, although it was cmparable to other cars tested the same way.

Impressive times BTW. :)

Yes, it is set for the 1ft runout as that is how Evo test their cars. It is also comparable to 1/4 mile runs after staging. My best is 4.9 to 60 mph but this pic also gave 0-100mph.