What's the age of Octy vRS drivers?

Im suprised at how young some (most)? VRS owners are. The insurance premiums must be worth nearly as much as the cars.

I find the VRS cheap to insure at least for my set of circumstances, it doesn't seem to be considered a sports car and instead is priced as a standard car so my insurance is cheap. I was surprised when getting quotes for a Mazda MX-5 which was worth less than the Octavia and would lose out on performance (at least I reckon based on the paper figures, hard to compare the feel in such different cars) that the cost was two to three times as much and that was for insurers that would cover me, some refused.

I bought my 56 plate VRS TDI when I was 29 a couple of years ago, my first Octavia which I bought when I was 24 was a mk 1 1.9 TDI GLX with 90 bhp - couldn't justify anything more at the time although I had been tempted by the mk 1 VRS the garage also had.

John

53 driving a 2010 cr vrs . Insurance €420 full comp

54 next oct and new vRS being ordered for then :love:

34 at the end of the month, octavia vRS diesel combi.

And insurance is not a lot less than some of the younger owners.......thanks to stupidly high rated post code. (I pay double what my mate would who lives 10 mins away)

42, '07 Vrs TDi PD. Insurance is £255 fully comp. PNCB, Legal cover and guaranteed hire car. Premium works out at £318 though as I took out breakdown cover too. I'm not fully trustworthy of 'modern' diesel reliability.

25 - Octavia vRS TFSI k04

Bought new when I was 19.

And still paying for it ;)

I’m a miner with a very young person’s 2008 CR non-manual diesel :)