Waiting List

vegit8

Strange, thought I replied to this, but now can't see it.

I live near Wetherby, just outside Leeds, so hoping to see Martin's muscovado, then will sneak round a dealership to view the other colours!

GC

Strange, thought I replied to this, but now can't see it.

I live near Wetherby, just outside Leeds, so hoping to see Martin's muscovado, then will sneak round a dealership to view the other colours!

GC

Thanks, another Tyke then!! (sorry not smilies as the work system stops me using them!!)

If you look to the left, there is a place that says "Location". Why not correct that so that we all know? You need to go into "your profile" to do that.

Well that's it !

Collected my Yeti 1.2 petrol Elegance Cappuccino with sunroof yesterday :ninja: thank goodness we didn't get the forecast snow for the return trip - had a beep when I'd done a few miles - mild panic - then glanced down to see a message to refuel ! phew.

Been trying to get familiar with all the knobs and buttons - but the drive is as good as I remembered all those months ago when I had the test drive.

Can now be seen belting around the lanes of West Cornwall - Briskoda sticker is in place !

Looking foreward to some fine weather when I can test the sunroof :love:

Edited by Perranlady
  • Like 2

Congrats, I'll be looking out for you next month as we are down visiting my daughter in Carbis Bay.

Hope the weather is better by the time you come down - now I've got the Yeti, can't think of anything I want to go out for when it's feeling like -4C :giggle:

I hope it does improve by the middle of April, as we'll be in our caravan.

Having a couple of days around Morwellham and Launceston first, then a couple more at a site just outside Carbis Bay.

Went out to Penzance to do some shopping and stopped off at Marazion to take some bird photos - and Hetty (sorry not very original) posed in front of St Michael's Mount - just like all the tourists do :rofl:

Hetty.jpg

1.2 Petrol DSG, Gobi Sand, sunroof, front parking sensors.

I can confirm that the sun blind did close overnight - temp of -2C

Am finding the DSG very different from the CVT I had on the old Honda HRV, which was much smoother - but perhaps I need to adjust my driving style a bit. I've managed to turn off the daylight driving lights.

Edited by Perranlady

Looks good, but - and this is simply a question, not getting at anyone - why are some Yeti owners so keen to disable the DRLs? Surely they increase your visibility to other road-users and don't compromise the driver in any way?

• Like 1

Am finding the DSG very different from the CVT I had on the old Honda HRV, which was much smoother - but perhaps I need to adjust my driving style a bit. I've managed to turn off the daylight driving lights.

The DSG repays a gentle right foot. Why turn off the daylight driving lights? Cornish lanes are one of areas where they're really valuable. The power consumption is tiny.

The DSG repays a gentle right foot. Why turn off the daylight driving lights? Cornish lanes are one of areas where they're really valuable. The power consumption is tiny.

Sorry have never liked daylight driving lights - we've had several Volvos over the years and you get fed up of people flashing at you - dare I say even more so when you're a woman driver. Had a VW Polo with Stop Start about 20 years ago (which is the latest thing at the moment) and I had to switch it off because I got sick of the smurks and silly looks I got because everyone assumed I'd stalled it - very annoying :@

The Cornish lanes have so many bends, you can't even see a double decker bus coming let alone a Yeti with or without Lights on :giggle:

You get fed up of people flashing at you - dare I say even more so when you're a woman driver.

Must be a local thing. We had a Volvo for 8 or so years a while ago, and I cannot recall anyone flashing lights because the lights were on. 25 years ago, yes, when daylight driving lights were a novelty. Each to their own...

At least if drivers flash you they have seen you!

I think that's the main purpose of DRLs and anything that makes driving safer is OK by me.

I don't think that there should be the facility to turn them off but, as Zib said, each to their own.

Fred

DRL's consume a little bit of fuel which is insignificant to an individual driver, but multiplied across millions of cars across the world does tend to add up....impacting on global warming and all that. I keep mine on because I am fed up of the cold weather.

• Like 1

I nearly pulled out in front of someone this morning with no lights on (quite legally). I have to go make a turn onto a road where the oncoming traffic is obscured by vegetation. The car behind it had lights on, which were visible through the vegetation. That's one advantage of DRL's: it can make you visible when an unlit car remains unseen.

• Like 1

Had my weekly dealer update today (they're getting better at this!) - my L&K is still down as a week 17 build, so that's no news really, given that it's not close enough to say that date is definite. Still, I should be almost halfway through the waiting period now!

Just taken delivery today of my yeti 1.2 se from Preston motors. Wait time 9 weeks from order to collection with options fitted. Can't wait to take it for a good run. If I can figure out how to post pics will do so.

Just taken delivery today of my yeti 1.2 se from Preston motors. Wait time 9 weeks from order to collection with options fitted. Can't wait to take it for a good run. If I can figure out how to post pics will do so.

Congratulations on your new-born, you must be very proud.

Good news re the 9 weeks - I'm hoping for a 9-10 weeks total for my 1.2 SE.

9 weeks that's brilliant................. and I'm still musing on colours. Which colours have been chosen? Most of the skoda garages have very poor selection to look at and the colour guide in the brochure is poor.

GC

Went out to Penzance to do some shopping and stopped off at Marazion to take some bird photos - and Hetty (sorry not very original) posed in front of St Michael's Mount - just like all the tourists do :rofl:

Hetty.jpg

1.2 Petrol DSG, Gobi Sand, sunroof, front parking sensors.

I can confirm that the sun blind did close overnight - temp of -2C

What colour is Hetty?

Which colours have been chosen? Most of the skoda garages have very poor selection to look at and the colour guide in the brochure is poor.

GC

Yup, that's a problem with buying a popular car - there isn't a lot of unused stock sitting around as it gets snapped up so quickly.

I went for shark blue (sight unseen) with a white roof. Reasons being that shark blue was a new colour + coloured roofs haven't been an option for long, so therefore I get something not too common. Also, as I went for SE spec, I could get blue interior to tie it all in nicely.

Despite my choice, I think the new metallic green is the nicest colour by a long way. I didn't go for it though as, although I'm not the slightest bit superstitious (touch wood), I worried about whether I'd ever be able to sell a green car with a 13 plate.

• Like 1