1st and last Skoda!

Seriously mate I've never heard such an over reaction. You've experienced one poor (in your opinion) technician that couldn't diagnose a potential problem and suddenly the entire skoda brand is c***.

It sounds to me that you're generally p***** off that you're having to drive a Skoda having previously driven an Audi.

+1

I owned a Saxo Vtr from brand new in 2001. In the 8 months I owned it, it was back at the dealers 10 times for repairs. My neighbours thought I worked for Citroen with the amount of different cars I brought home. However I'd probably consider another citroen as I may just of had one bad car. My 3 octavias have not been perfect but problems have been dealt with my Skoda dealers excellently.

How can you say you'd rather pay more for an Audi when in the driver power survey, Yeti No 1, Superb No 2 and Octavia No 4. Sure beats the hell out of VW, Audi and Seat

I have to say I was in a similar position when I got my vrs and was very upset, I think it's to do with selling your old car, which was in good order, then obtaining one that isn,t!!!

I have really come to like mine now, yes it has issues but for all round ability you can,t fault it

Suggested the wheel alignment.. and maybe geometry.. nope it's your tyres. Never ever had this problem with my Audi... worth paying the bit extra !

I've seen a few people with it from Audi and a few people with expensive you need a new turbo mate issues, that was just a new DV.

I sorted that out for them with VCDS scan and a new part.

Either way, you can get rubbish dealers on all marques.

The other difference is the build time, Seat and Skoda get less time to make a car than VW, and Audi get even longer, thats why we get silly faults such as poor door alignment, wheel alignment, rattles etc...so really you do get what you pay for as an Octavia is cheaper to make than an Audi A4 even tho for the most part the same parts are used.

That explains everything. Actually I'm getting used to the rattles in mine. Today on the way back from a visit to a local NT garden I thought something was wrong with the car until I realised it wasn't making the usual rattle from the boot area and the silence was deafening. This afternoon the rattle reappeared - ah I greeted it like an old friend.

• Like 1

You're lucky nowadays if you have a fault free car of any sort, I had 2 pug gtis back to back the first was faultless the second was a dog. I had issues with my Octavia which while small were exaggerated by the poor dealer service, so I went to a different dealer, the faults were still there but I got reassurance from them that they would be sorted - result.

I've now moved on to an Audi and if I don't have any problems with it I'll be very surprised but as long as they get fixed and I'm kept on the road then I'll be happy enough.

metblackrat said "As someone who is currently switching from Volvo to Skoda, I'm amazed at the difference if the Content of the forums. The Volvo owners website is page after page of faults whereas here the faults are few and far between."

Interesting. An acquaintance sold his octavia and bought a volvo 60 sport wagon. I shall refer him to volvo owners site. I assume you are referring to www.volvoforums.org.uk

+1

I owned a Saxo Vtr from brand new in 2001. In the 8 months I owned it, it was back at the dealers 10 times for repairs. My neighbours thought I worked for Citroen with the amount of different cars I brought home. However I'd probably consider another citroen as I may just of had one bad car.

also had a experience of citreon. First car was a dog, all sorts of issues! So bad are p/x for another saxo vts.......that was not much better.

Skoda on the other hand I can not praise enough they are a dream compared to my PSA years!

Yes my Octavia has its issues and the tyres is one of them after 22k it also has a "wheel bearing" noise which they dealer said is probably the tyres.

Everyone to themselves though,,, and as people have said it's the dealers attitude which sometimes portraits the company in a bad light,,

Look at Lionel Richey when he tried to buy 4 new Ferrari,s and the dealer looked down his nose at him, only when he called his bank did the dealer nearly collapse when he was told who he was, or more to the point how much money he had!!!!

I've worked in the auto supply base for 20 odd years, and dealt with most of the global car makers in that time. Some OEMs pay more for their parts than others, some are crazily over specced and engineered. This is why I would never buy a French car, and why it's no surprise to see that Japanese maker famed for its unbreakable engines top of the reliability surveys.

That explains everything. Actually I'm getting used to the rattles in mine. Today on the way back from a visit to a local NT garden I thought something was wrong with the car until I realised it wasn't making the usual rattle from the boot area and the silence was deafening. This afternoon the rattle reappeared - ah I greeted it like an old friend.

ill gladly put up with the minor hick ups to save the 1000's on the price of an Audi, it could be worse we could be driving a Seat built by someone that goes for a nap halfway through his shift lol

metblackrat said "As someone who is currently switching from Volvo to Skoda, I'm amazed at the difference if the Content of the forums. The Volvo owners website is page after page of faults whereas here the faults are few and far between."

Interesting. An acquaintance sold his octavia and bought a volvo 60 sport wagon. I shall refer him to volvo owners site. I assume you are referring to www.volvoforums.org.uk

That's the one.

Having had 3 company Audis since 1998 my experiences are:-

1. Audi dealers are no better just charge (lots) more per hour!

2. Audis for me have proved less reliable my first 1998 A4 cambelt went at 2 years 60k miles (big bill), Second was ok for 3 years 80k, third A4 was a (2006) diesel DSG which regularly broke down in the first few months due to DSG issues, dealers and Audi technicians unable to get it right, luckily i got a new job and ditched it. Put me off diesel + DSG for life!!

3. Two Skodas no major issues cheap servicing, ok dealers and (much) less company car tax!!

Its a myth to think that perceived 'premium' brands are better - the Directors where I work have had lots of issues with top of the range BMW's

I'll say it simply I'd rather push a skoda than drive an Audi, every Audi driver I see is either bald, wears glasses or has a major comb over, most women I see driving audis are old enough to be my mum.

Just a badge hunting ooooo look at me in my German car. My mum friend has an Audi and it's riddles with problems 26 miles on clock from new she got condensation in headlights. Audi dealers solution- drill a hole in the headlight unit on a car 2 days old. Her boot lock rattled like a stone in a tin can - audis solution some electrical tape wrapped around the locking bar. The gap between bonet and bumper was wide enough for a finger to be squeezed in, audis solution - a rubber edging strip (in black) on a red car.

I'll say no more, over to insight tech for his say on audis v skoda.

Oh and for the record my skoda has no issues and it's four years old :-)

I am on my first Skoda, my last two cars were japanese the Nissan did 180,000 miles, the Mazda 154,000.The Nissan had a seat belt buckle shatter in the first week, the Mazda warped both discs within three months but they were the only problems I had.

The Yeti is five months old and done 5,000 miles, so far nothing has gone wrong rattled or fallen off. The build quality is faultless, there are a couple of niggles, for example, if it rains and you open the door or window, rain runs off the roof into the car, this is not the first car I have had do this so I am "used to it"

As I said above, the build quality is faultless, fuel economy is very impressive and driving it makes me smile. In 43 years of driving this is the most satisfying car that I have ever owned. :thumbup:

I'll say it simply I'd rather push a skoda than drive an Audi, every Audi driver I see is either bald, wears glasses or has a major comb over, most women I see driving audis are old enough to be my mum.

Just a badge hunting ooooo look at me in my German car. My mum friend has an Audi and it's riddles with problems 26 miles on clock from new she got condensation in headlights. Audi dealers solution- drill a hole in the headlight unit on a car 2 days old. Her boot lock rattled like a stone in a tin can - audis solution some electrical tape wrapped around the locking bar. The gap between bonet and bumper was wide enough for a finger to be squeezed in, audis solution - a rubber edging strip (in black) on a red car.

I'll say no more, over to insight tech for his say on audis v skoda.

Oh and for the record my skoda has no issues and it's four years old :-)

I don't really think that you'd rather push a Skoda than drive an Audi as that would be daft! I moved from an Audi to a Skoda and am now back in an Audi, this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm bald (not), wear glasses (yes), or that I have a combover (not yet!). I moved back because Skoda don't make an S4 equivalent and that's what I wanted.

Don't judge an owner by his car. I had some great drives in my Skoda but will not miss it as I prefer my new posh badged German car!

• Like 1

Being honest if I could afford an Audi I'd be driving one not an Octy.

I still think the VRS was the best car that could be bought in it's price band when I got it.

Not so sure now, I think Skoda is overpriced. The VAT deals just distort that.

• Like 1

Being honest if I could afford an Audi I'd be driving one not an Octy.

I still think the VRS was the best car that could be bought in it's price band when I got it.

Not so sure now, I think Skoda is overpriced. The VAT deals just distort that.

All new cars are now overpriced, just try buying a well specified high end golf or focus for under 30k and you'll struggle.

Wor Sept 2010 Octavia was off the road from January to May this year, thank god warranty work, pish poor performance from dealership(s) & Skoda all round during the repair saga.

They apparently dont know their arse from my elbow.

BUT IT IS STILL A GOOD CAR

And I like it more and more!

Cheers,

Marcus

TeeHee................ **** NOT allowed, but pish :think: is?

Derp!

PS

Refer to some of the USA forums re Audi repairs under warranty/levels of customer satisfaction.

As in " Thats a Norwegian Blue Parrot, Sir!, they dont move much"

Edited by dieseldogg

Skoda as a brand, great. As for Skoda dealers, there's too many poor ones.

Out of the 4 dealers that I've had experience of there's only 2 that I will return to.

Customer satisfaction is about more than the car, it includes being treated well and not being taken for a fool before you've even driven your car off the dealers forecourt. The 50% success rate I refer to above starts as soon as you walk through the door of the showroom, staff at some delearships smile and welcome you and tell you that they're there if you need them, others positively look down their nose at you. Some aftersales / service desks are staffed by people that genuinely want to help and are happy to listen to you explain something whilst others are most definitely staffed by people that simply can't be bothered.

• Like 1