The Mr Muscle VNT Turbo Treatment - thought we needed a guide of sorts

Lofty79

Hi i did try mr muscle and it worked no limp mode issues more power and smiles on my face but today a month after cleaning it, it went back in to limp mode realy anoying took ages to clean the garage out to do it. Has any one had this issue or have any sugestions on what i should do thanks.

The MO of the job could have a bearing, i removed my inlet pipes, uncouples the actuator arm, then put a good portion of Mr Muscle in my M****o, while turning the impeller blades and waggling the actuator arm (which went loose after 2 minutes max), i then left the Mr Muscle to soak for 90 minutes, i think what i did promoted the foam into the vanes and operating ring

01variableturbinegeometryturbochargervtg

two months and 1500 mile on and its still working and the actuator-VGT arm is loose and floppy, with the hole in my manifold a retreatment is a very simple operation, heat shield odd, bolt out, mr muscle in, replace sbolt and shield and wait 90 miniutes

swad diesels charged me £50 for a Revive trreatment that lasted a day and id supplied a garage with an Innotec kit which they managed to screw up an injector using

Innotec £45

Garage £70

Swad diesels 4 recon injectors £990

Mr Muscle £4

Edited by lichfielddriver

From reading this forum I suggested to my father-in-law that the Mr. Muscle treatment might cure the sticking turbo problem on his Octavia 1.9.  An ex VAG mechanic did the work for him and he is absolutely delighted.  Takes off like a jet fighter he said.....  Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP! I've spent a few very frustrating hours today trying to get at the lower egr pipe. My engine is the BXE model and seems very tight at back of engine. How much stripping do I need to do??? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Done this today. Nightmare trying to get at the lower EGR pipe but got it eventually. Followed loftys instructions to the letter but car is still the same. Zero power above 2000 rpm. Can't even get the car to redline in 2nd or 3rd going downhill! Car is seriously sick. Seized turbo maybe? I've reached the limits of my abilities anyway.

thats permanent limp not one that comes in at high revs so i would have not bothered with the mr muscle.

It needs a scan to tell you whats up with it. get that done and you should be a step closer

• Like 1

thats permanent limp not one that comes in at high revs so i would have not bothered with the mr muscle.

It needs a scan to tell you whats up with it. get that done and you should be a step closer

Thanks Lofty, it started as a high rev, high load limp mode and cycling the ignition "fixed" the problem but developed into permanent limp within a couple of weeks which is why the Mr Muscle was tried.

Car has been scanned by main dealer and only thing that came up was a faulty boost sensor which has been replaced with no result.

Thanks Lofty, it started as a high rev, high load limp mode and cycling the ignition "fixed" the problem but developed into permanent limp within a couple of weeks which is why the Mr Muscle was tried.

Car has been scanned by main dealer and only thing that came up was a faulty boost sensor which has been replaced with no result.

Sometimes the wiring leading to the mao sensor gets chaffed. its worth checking that as its a common issue. also try disconnecting the maf sensor and see if it improves.

Just done this. I took some photos that might be handy for others.

This was done on an Octavia Mk1 Estate 1.9TDi 110 ASV (I think that's all the model info!)

This first picture show what was disconnected to get to the EGR Valve pipe that needs to be removed.

The left induction pipe I removed completely. The right induction pipe I just disconnected one end.

Both use simple spring clips - they're quite strong so you really need mole grips to get them off.

Once the left-hand induction pipe has been removed, you get access to the top hex bolts securing the EGR  Valve -> Turbo pipe. The bolts require a 6mm hex key.

Don't forget to cover the open induction pipes so you don't get rubbish in them. I use disposable latex gloves.

top.jpg

Below is a picture from the nearside of the car.

You can see the disconnected induction pipe and underneath you can see the bottom section of the EGR Valve -> Turbo pipe.

By removing this section of induction pipe, you get easier access to the nuts securing the EGR  Valve -> Turbo pipe.

The nuts on mine were 12mm.

right.jpg

To make life easier and save your thumb, after you've applied Mr. Muscle, just stick a rod/pipe down the back of the engine to push the actuator.

rod.jpg

My car is currently sitting in the garage waiting to be reassembled. Fingers crossed this works!

Edited by Basirk

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna have a go at this sometime over the next few days when it's not chucking it down.

Can those have done it tell me how the longevity of the car is after having the mr muscle treatment, is it as good as it appears to be? Is there any other effects?

Thanks

Edited by Crudwick

Hi all just joined this forum as ive been reading about the mr muscle turbo cleaner. Right dont kick me off the forum but i own a citroen xsara picasso 1.6 hdi and im having problems, ive had various fault codes come up, ive had the turbo solenoid valve changed also the map sensor, its been in  proper limp mode twice recently, if i clear the codes and go up a hill in 3rd the engine light comes on and have overboost fault codes, just wondering if i have sticking vanes?? Does anyone know this engine? Is it easy to put mr muscle into the turbo, the turbo is luckily at the front of the engine. Any info would be appreciated, thanks 

Hi all I have a big problem with limp mode (pd130) every gear apart from 1st starts at 3k then 2.25k 5th and 6th gear without fail!!! i have tried everything sensors, hoses, pipes, valves and vag scans will try this again tomorrow but didn't fix last time I did it but I didn't use a tube just squirted in the egr hole and exhaust side will let you all know.

Fingers crossed

Hi all just joined this forum as ive been reading about the mr muscle turbo cleaner. Right dont kick me off the forum but i own a citroen xsara picasso 1.6 hdi and im having problems

Hee hee, ive got a F*** M***** 2.0ltr TDCI 130PS and im still here...

Ive been offered a Chevvy Epica with the VM engine at the right money but after 4 years I know every twist and turn my Mondreado/Money pit makes and it had 4 injectors (recons) at £900 and another new starter at £170 si i want to get to xmas (its a taxi)

plus ive adapted my turbo housing so a Mr Muscle session takes 20 minutes start to finish

1150305_646284545384463_147987898_n.jpg

• Like 1

Well I've treated my octavia to some mr muscle is afternoon and I'm sat here with a coffee while it takes effect. The actuator is moving a bit now which it didn't do earlier so it's looking good. One thing though, if you've got any broken skin don't let the mr muscle come into contact with it, it f*****g stings!!!!!!!!

Well i  tried the mr muscle treatment today but got engine light on again :( not in limp mode though, i may not have got enough mr muscle in the exhaust part of the turbo as my picasso - cough - dosnt have a egr pipe to remove so i had to access the turbo via where the cat goes to the turbo. 

went to view 2 cars today and all i could think was "could I mr muscle this"...LOL

one was a Citroen C5 - the turbo is front mounted (easy) and the other was Chevvy Epica with a rear turbo but loads of space to get to it

C5

DSC00403.JPG

Edited by lichfielddriver