The Mr Muscle VNT Turbo Treatment - thought we needed a guide of sorts

Lofty79

Without the use of ramps, living on a main road and having moved into a new home I'm stuffed for being able to do this. I have used wynns turbo cleaner and it's a temp fix as it comes back every few months

Is there anyone in the chesterfield area willing to help me for a small fee?

Without the use of ramps, living on a main road and having moved into a new home I'm stuffed for being able to do this. I have used wynns turbo cleaner and it's a temp fix as it comes back every few months

Is there anyone in the chesterfield area willing to help me for a small fee?

Shame I didn't see this earlier, I was in Chesterfield on Saturday with full workshop facilities available to me. If you get the Mr Muscle and tubing my cousin might strip back all the parts for you so you can squirt it in - I was telling him I had just done mine and he thought it was hilarious!

He is near J30 opposite McDonald's on the city scaffolding site, if you want his details drop me a pm.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I will be attempting this on my BIL's Passat BKD next weekend.

Brilliant guide :)

Quick question, where did you get your silicone hose from?

anywhere mate, vac hose, air tube for fish tank, anything that will fit

Elbow was from pets at home haha, algarde connector pieces. But as said can be done directly, I also used mole grips once just off side of nozzle to pinch the pipe tight onto the can.

yes you can, in fact i do this alot too. Still try to pipe it right in though as when it expands from the back it has more chance of getting where it needs to go.

I posted a while back about forte and my experience. done about 8k miles and now it came back in 5th overtaking. although great up until now

I need to do this, any pd engines with turbo at the top, I would be really grateful if you could post pics. even if someone in the know could just post a single pic of the bit I need to find to get into the right part of the turbo. it seems so much more cramped and compact on mine and I just can't see where to go..

sent via Playbook and Tapatalk

Exhaust side of the turbo buddy. Even if it means taking exhaust off the turbo and doing it direct. You can't go wrong that way. I think all the instructions your gonna be able to get are in here, so may be a case of just struggling on.

So must be inside exhaust side of turbo. Start stripping her down ;-)

A few scratches from inaccessible bolts, but its done the job.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but once you've got the air intake off, its pretty self explanitory :)

Massive thanks for the guide.

Guys,

Dont want to seem like a complete novice here, but for fear of killing my car im going to ask anyway!!

I have a 2007 vrs PD170 and know from looking that the EGR is at the front of the engine and appears to route to the right of it and up the back to the turbo via a cooler of some sort. Now my question is, if i get the car up on a ramp, and disconnect the pipe that leads from the cooler up to the turbo, will this be on the correct side of the turbo and therefor easy to run the thin pipe up through and squirt the mr muscle in? or do I need to be removing the pip entirely and squirting it in closer to the turbo?

None of the pictures on here seem to be a great deal of help to me so struggling to work this one out.. my problem doesnt sound the worst by a long way on here but on occasions the hesitation almost feels like the car is going to blow up or something!! after a while and letting the engine warm up properly it seems to be ok..

I will clean the EGR in due course and got the car booked in to have a new fuel filter as people have mentioned this can be a problem too, but the more i drive it the more it looks like this turbo VNT issue

thanks in advance

Yes just remove the little pipe that goes between the egr cooler and the turbo.

From under the car with the under tray off, its easy to feel where the pipe goes into the turbo. :)

yeah man, remember though you have to biase the pipe to the right a little as its not a straight drop down to turbo like the others, however easy to do, youll see what i mean when your under it

Thanks for the info guys, im taking the car in to my local mechanic to have the fuel filter changed and ill run this past him whilst im there and see what he thinks about doing it.. would you say its likely to be the VNT sticking due to the symptoms? it doesnt always happen but when accelerating it seems to hold back in 3rd and 4th at 2500 - 3000 rpm and def doesnt feel as fast as it used to? however I dont get limp mode... no errors either!! only time ive had Limp was when the pressure sensor failed..

Thanks for the feedback so far though, appreciated!!

Thanks Andy, im going to have the EGR off and see how that is at the weekend, if its covered in crap then ill clean it and see how i get on, failing that ill start a process of elimination by doing the MAF etc before going the turbo route.. I have in the mean time found Essex Turbos who poss do complete replacement units so may well look into that if all else fails

Thanks for the info though, ill let you know how i get on

Hoping to carry out Lofty's Mr Muscle Magic Treatment this weekend, car been suffering for a while now with limp mode, however having read the posts please could someone confirm if a 2004 VW touran 2.0tdi has an egr cooler?

Also if I disconnect the exhaust can I just squirt in from here?

I was going to remove turbo, but seems quite a job having to remove driveshafts etc, and I would prefer an easier fix

thanks in anticipation.