Shadows Entity's MK1 stage 2 + r32 setup

Shadows Entity

Done a couple of things but need to get some pics up still and not ready for the FMIC yet Terk :) got problems with my wrists had a steroid injection in each wrist in the tendon so doing anything too strenuous cold result in snapped tendons... which doesn't sound good

Update time :) Been a while siince i've been able to get round to doing the bits I've got sat around... still got a FMIC to fit :)

So new bits, CAI, OCC & cold side kit

20130907_123128.jpg

20130907_131230.jpg

20130907_131248.jpg

20130907_140820.jpg

20130907_140830.jpg

20130907_140844.jpg

20130907_140852.jpg

P.S didn't do all this one one day lol as i'd have no wrist left if you've read the above

• Like 1

Well the door now works after banging for 15 mins and nearly draining the battery unlocking repeatedly.

Would highly recommend everyone to stick a bit of mechanical grease on the locking eye and in the door latch as apparently they get dry and result in what I had as electrically it was sound... Done all 4 doors and boot as I don't want that all over again, literally hammering where the mechanism is on the outside with the bottom of my fist (spud punch)  

• 3 weeks later...

Got some new wheels thanks to vRSy which imo are millions better and nearly new so not all corroded like my old ones, tyres on them are insane as they're Falken road slicks feels like you could go round any corner  any speed although I won't push my luck as fun as it is :) had to get longer tapered wheel bolts as original are about 10mm shorter and radius type so better safe than sorry just meant waiting a couple of days for them to turn up

Also got some heko wind deflectors which I've always liked

20131005_085613.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well fitted some 8mm spacers all round well that was the intention...

This happened to the rear one I tried

20131019_160507.jpg

20131019_172320.jpg

So was rather peed off but luckily the front ones are alright

20131019_172347.jpg

20131019_172402.jpg

The front wheels are now pretty much inline with the arch but i'm a bit scared of driving around as i've never had spacers before so I think every bump is going to send a wheel flying... bolts are 40mm tapered, spacers are 8mm and the et on the alloys is 35  

Bit of wheel wobble with spacers on.... which is adding to my anxieties lol

Ordered these.... look useful anyway but should mean that they go on dead straight as there's probably a bit of wobble because of how I've put them on as now the bolt has to go through 3 holes 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331033412772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just an update on things to do...

Got some gauges off Terkin so when they arrive I'll be putting them in and take some pictures.

Gonna re do my grill and properly paint it, got bmw saphire black as it has a nice sublte pearlescent to it. Which if it turns out right I'll do the front and rear bump strips in... Also honeycomb mesh to replace the standard grill.

Still got a FMIC to fit..... Just finding the time to have a day to myself to do it

Skoda Superb radio as they look better and without a tape player which I'm waiting to recieve

And when it comes round to Christmas my son has bought me some new number plates as mine look mank and the number plate surrounds that creationmotorsport do. So those to fit which are bugging me as they're in the house but untouchable until Christmas.... :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've finally done something... spent the past 3 days with a car looking like a fish but it's worth it :) Followed Bowders guide in the tech section, here is my step by step, Only thing I missed out on taking a picture of is cutting the mesh to size but all I did is used the surround as a stencil on cardboard then cut out the cardboard to then use the cardboard as a stencil on the mesh. After that it's just a case of cutting it and then trimming down until it's a nice fit.

I bent all the edges into the inner lip of the surround and then tiger sealed it all round and then left some heavy objects on the mesh which also helped to bend the mesh to match the surrounds curvature... anyway pictures :)

20131104_150833.jpg

20131104_150838.jpg

20131104_152036.jpg

20131104_152616.jpg

20131105_102742.jpg

20131106_111611.jpg

20131106_131628.jpg

20131106_131650.jpg

20131110_121143.jpg

20131110_121156.jpg

And there we have it :) pleased with the results just have to have some patience, learnt a bit in the process too.

For reference I used BMW black sapphire as it has a nice subtle sparkle too it 

Mesh is eBay off a polish seller it's Kamei style with 12x5mm holes and is 2mm thick

Tiger seal as it's the best

And for all the cutting I used a Dremel 

Another update which is rather pleasing is the coil pack upgrade :) instantly smoother idle and looks good 

20131104_141832.jpg

Also received triple gauge and holder for center console and boost gauge of Terkin, gonna have to wait until Christmas though as I had to justify it as a Christmas present lol 

• Like 1