Shadows Entity's MK1 stage 2 + r32 setup

Shadows Entity

Two completely unrelated updates...

Got these b/c pillar trims fresh from Germany and the only set left apparently.... couldn't see them on their website had to ask.

I had CF wrapped them but I had never been that pleased with the results probably because I did it and could see the faults

20131122_141643.jpg

20131122_141726.jpg

Also got a Diffuser from Milotec but that's a Christmas present off the GF

Managed to finally get round to doing my brakes to discover I need a caliper rewind tool to do the rears but still did the fronts.... Never changed disks or pads before so was all new to me although I knew what I was doing in theory.

Took me a while but I was in no rush just wanted to do it right first time and figure things out in practice 

Hardest bit was getting the carriers off to change the disks as disks get changed less often than pads so the bolts were pretty tight in place but I just used a lump hammer on the spanner to get it moving

Probably didn't need doing but I've never done it before and my disks were an advisory on my MOT as they were highly corroded on the outside and center.

Old

Untitled.jpg

Greased up hub

Untitled2.jpg

New and reassembled 

20131123_154412.jpg

So at least now I've done it and I know what I'm doing which will save me money in the long run so has to be worth while :)

Just waiting on the rewind tool I've ordered to do the rears

• Like 1

Nice!

I went to do my rears today to fine my rewind tool is missing!  :wall:

I wouldn't of greased the hub (personal opinion) just a drill with a wire brush attachment and a good clean with a scotch pad, the grease could potentially offset the disk slightly.

Just look out for brake judder if you appear to get any at all just the hub face a good clean as above.

I read that you should or it can make taking the disks off next time worse and no brake judder just nice and smooth and a lot less brake travel.

Also surely when you tighten the wheel bolts up it will squeeze any excess grease out anyway and yea gave it a good clean, the hub went from brown to shiny grey

Was just a heads up fella, iv put grease on hubs before and a customer coming back in with brake judder, turned out to be a large rust flake caught in the grease.

Thats what those little disk screws are for  :giggle: to hold the disk in - Granted they are a major pain in the arse! but a hammer and a large phillips tends to get the out

Although for some reason i have got brake judder what pads have you used? im thinking my pads are crap and causing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures of the before and after bumper respray...

Didn't look this bad when it happened but I gave the car a quick jet wash to get all the loose dirt off which blew loads of flaky paint off... I suspect before I owned it someone had done a cheapo job after reversing into a wall etc... as the spray guy agreed with me that original paint wouldn't come off that easy

20131217_082052.jpg

And here is after, looks a little odd as the car needs a good waxing to get the original back to it's proper colour but I am pleased with the job :)

20131218_131103.jpg

• Like 1

Spot on that!

Looks to me like a cheapo job on the first, not enough paint and lacquer or to much thinner. 2nd pick looks a good job.

Just need to get your bump strips black again, some back to black or a rattle can :rock:  

Your numberplate has seen better days...

These are a bargain and you'll be surprised how

nice new plates freshen a car up.

No documents needed, just message the seller with your reg

at checkout. He will only do uk legal plates though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Standard-GB-Euro-Number-Plates-100-MOT-Compliant-ROAD-LEGAL-/251303067765?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a82d48075

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the rear number plate of the other night which involved having to grind the old number plate screws off...... the most pita job ever.

tried drilling the head of the screw off which resulted in glowing screw and an instantaneous fluidless blister when I decided to test if it was still hot....

but even after I got the screw head off they were then still held in place by the screw retainer thing that would not budge so had to grind the lipped part off.....

Anyway as ever it took longer than the 5 mins I told my GF it would take lol.

painted the holes to prevent rust and then just used a bolt and nut with wide washers either side to hold the number plate holder on.

Also in the picture my updated badges, kept them the same layout to our car rather than the 2013> which have octavia driver side and vrs passenger side....

Also found a SE badge apparently for skoda looks like the same style writing and probably stands for special edition..... But not in my cars case it stands for Shadows Entity lol initials of my name on here :) might be a bit marmite for some of you but I like the idea

20140112_125551.jpg

20140112_125607.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well made some progress today I've sort fitted the FMIC in as much as it's on but not all plumbed in as I need a few more pipes as I'm doing it with a BAM inlet manifold and charge pipe...

bumper was easy to get off up until the last screw it seems a previous owner had hit a bump and cracked it where the screw goes and used the wrong threaded screw and a massive washer which was rusted into place so had to chop it off to free the bumper...

cleaned as I went a long as there's lots of bits that can never be cleaned until you take things apart...

20140318_092540.jpg

20140318_102052.jpg

20140318_104349.jpg

20140318_104355.jpg

had to buy this purely for cleaning purposes 20140318_104406.jpg

20140318_105126.jpg

whats this?

20140318_105131.jpg

had to relocate the horns a bit to make room

20140318_112725.jpg

20140318_140702.jpg

This is how it was going to be but I remembered a pipe I had that is perfect for the job only problem is its Blue....

20140318_144219.jpg

20140318_145954.jpg

also refitted my CAI as it had been put back up high as with all the big puddles a while back

20140318_121400.jpg

20140318_150004.jpg

20140318_150017.jpg

20140318_153246.jpg

20140318_153254.jpg

and irritatingly I forgot to take pictures of it down on the ground complete so will add them later....

• Like 1