CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Thanks mate.

Have to say its been a long time in progress and more tricky than expected, not to mention expensive because of things like the gearbox, but while there are quiet times every time I see the thing I just get so excited. B)

I'm hoping the final build will start in a few weeks when it all starts to come together.

Last rather tricky bit left is wiring in the new loom and making sure everything talks to everything else...

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :sun:

I think its safe to say that light will be travelling towards you at warp speeds! :rock:

Edited by kilted
  • Like 1

It's a Skoda Damo, you should be used to it by now :P

It was a comment made in jest - possibly because the little car couldn't possibly know what was in store for it.....

• Like 1

Nothing like being pigeon-holed  :wonder:

Damo no offence intended, Wardy summed it up perfectly (second line, not the first  ;) )

It's a Skoda Damo, you should be used to it by now :p

It was a comment made in jest - possibly because the little car couldn't possibly know what was in store for it.....

• Like 1

Damo no offence intended )

Haha I should have put a smiley smiley after the cross one...

It was only mock offence!

I knew what you meant, and yes Steve im more than used to comments about Skodas with my car history :D

Anyway, back on topic, and Richard... the citigo flagship/pride of the fleet is coming on beautifully

Kudos to you for making this a reality :)

• Like 1

Got to give the boys who are putting all this together alot of respect, you've got yourself a top crew on this one boss. No offence intended with this comment boss but the idea is the easy part, all the fabrication going into this buy the team is the interesting bit for me and they should be getting alot more praise in the comments than what they have been

• Like 1

Keeping updated & while it has been slow to arrive, it is better to take time & do a decent/ proper job rather than a rush  job with loads of faults.

Seeing some comments about Skoda involvement & sitckers & advertising,  I know it has been said previously by Richard & having spoken to him i can see his point that he wants it to look like a normal car , no shouting what it is.

It is actually HIS project, using his money to do with as he wants, any involvement from SUK, will have a very large risk of diluting the pleasure he will get from it with interference from a 3rd party in its use. TBH why should a 3rd party get ANY say when there has been no financial or other constructive input to the project.

Roll on it being ready. 

• Like 2

It looks epic Richard, but the question on everyones lips is, is it going to make castle combe? :)

That's the million dollar question isn't it? :)

Right now it's looking tight, but good.

But it's not a small ask.

If there are issues with the wiring or all the different electrical bits talking to each other correctly then I'll probably be there in plan B.

Mechanically everything fits, the gearbox is ready, the engine is built etc... it's just a few minor bits now before the wiring starts.

And while I'd love to keep phoning Jabbasport up every day to see what's new they are actually trying to run a business around one person's car... :giggle:

I'd like to get them in on overtime! :rofl:

Could prove rather expensive though. :(

• Like 2

Personally I think after spending this much time so far it wouldn't hurt to take more time and have everything right! As much as I would like to see it ar Castle Combe I wouldn't like to see it stop on the first lap either!!

If Citigogogogo is ready before CC did you know Blyton Park offer half day testing sessions for a couple of hundred pounds, might be good for a shake down before going public???

I am sure as things start to get hot your senses will be on overdrive!!   Sniff sniff, what's that? Oh it is just oily hand prints on the manifold, a bit later, sniff sniff, what's that? Just the new exhaust now getting hot from the manifold to the tip  :happy:    

Eyes on the gauges etc, I am sure a lot of us know this feeling when we have worked on our cars, just for you Richard your car has been a total build 

• Like 1

I'm new to this site and have to say I'm amazed by the ambition of this project. Power to you Richard, and the Citigo! I look forward to future posts and admire your diplomacy in not getting involved with backbiting and tech/spec wars. As for the name, how about citi-Woh!

I actually view the project as more of a "briskoda" car as it's been discussed, shared and built up with input from forum members.

Thanks for this. 

For myself, I'd like to say that the most I can have is a "different idea". It's only a "better idea" if Luke and you agree it is.

PMSL when some chav in a barry'd up saxo pulls up next to you and makes a derogatory comment about you having race seats in a bog standard skoda. then to see the expression on their faces as your 4 wheel burnout melts the tarmac and the little skoda disappears into the horizon like a stabbed rat.

• Like 4

PMSL when some chav in a barry'd up saxo pulls up next to you and makes a derogatory comment about you having race seats in a bog standard skoda. then to see the expression on their faces as your 4 wheel burnout melts the tarmac and the little skoda disappears into the horizon like a stabbed rat.

Video footage of this must be obtained and must go viral!

• Like 1

I think it would be better when a Scooby or something of that ilk does it  - driver thinks I have got almost anything beat...." where the f'in hell did that wee thing go?????"

I've got a set of original Skoda sunset glass (rear screen and rear sides) coming so you won't really notice the seats from outside. :)

Due to my height I sit quite far back.

Will make the cage nigh on impossible to see too while keeping the stock look.

Didn't want to add tints as that makes heated rear window element stand out and doesn't look right. :)

Wow OCD level attention to detail RESPECT!, Your not related to Ron Dennis of McLaren or Sheldon Cooper a la Big Bang theory are you?