CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

That shifter looks bonkers - then you remind yourself it's in a Citigo.

Priceless.

It's a bit of a mindbender really.

The Citigo will be slightly lighter than a Skoda Fabia S2000 Rally car, with about 50% more power and a similar 6 speed sequential transmission.

I'm not sure it's possible to "get it" because working out what the thing will go like is a bit unfathomable until we actually see...

• Like 3

Is this the craziest thing jabba have ever attempted?

Honestly I'm not sure and it depends on how you rate things.

I don't know a lot of what they've done over the years, but I do know about a 500+bhp Audi TT Quatto (same drivetrain but regular gearbox), a couple of 500+bhp Golfs, a 1.8t high power Bam engine in a Lotus Elise of some description as well as the more typical stuff.

There was a 4x4 converted early Golf too, but not sure that went all the way to completion.

It's a bit of a mindbender really.

The Citigo will be slightly lighter than a Skoda Fabia S2000 Rally car, with about 50% more power and a similar 6 speed sequential transmission.

I'm not sure it's possible to "get it" because working out what the thing will go like is a bit unfathomable until we actually see...

I don't think anyone has been as mental as to try anything like this before.

Mind you, you could have had it going quicker if you found a way to install a jet engine!!!! :rofl:

Honestly I'm not sure and it depends on how you rate things.

I don't know a lot of what they've done over the years, but I do know about a 500+bhp Audi TT Quatto (same drivetrain but regular gearbox), a couple of 500+bhp Golfs, a 1.8t high power Bam engine in a Lotus Elise of some description as well as the more typical stuff.

There was a 4x4 converted early Golf too, but not sure that went all the way to completion.

Ok, not just Jabba, but there have been VR6 (some supercharged) and 1.8T (2wd and 4wd) conversions on Golf 1 and 2, and on Skoda Felicia. Ignoring differences in drivetrain mass, some of them would have come in under 1_000kg.

Spotted Bossfox's signature on another post but wimped out after 26 pages and skipped to the end.  I am glad as I have stuff to do this week. :)

What a fantastic idea.  I will keep an eye out to see how this progresses,  Well done that man,

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a long time since I have seen one of your threads!

I got my Greenline 2 Fabia just after you got yours and I followed your Blue Mk1 Fabia, before I fell off the side of the earth! (Were is that car now?)

But this is just bonkers. Good luck!

The Fabia went to another Briskoda forum member.

Been through a few cars sine the Greenline...

I remember the user name. :)

In Citigo related news, the bodyshop now have space so it's going in shortly.

They needed to finish a Roomster to make space for it. :)

• Like 3

What have you got them doing to a Roomster?!

It's a Cat D one I bought ages ago on a whim but didn't get round to getting it sorted.

It'll be up for sale in January, 62 plate with under 3k miles.

It's a Cat D one I bought ages ago on a whim but didn't get round to getting it sorted.

It'll be up for sale in January 2015, 62 plate with under 3k miles and a 1.8tsi transplant 400bhp+, four wheel drive, sequential gear shift, stripped interior, roll cage, bucket seats........

I see a pattern emerging.........

• Like 1

I see a pattern emerging.........

That'll be common place by then though. IIRC, when the Project WTF was first brought to light, a few of us had suggestions of either full blown Monster Truck or an enclosed transporter for the Citigo-Go - sadly, Richard didn't bow to peer pressure then  :D 

• Like 3

That'll be common place by then though. IIRC, when the Project WTF was first brought to light, a few of us had suggestions of either full blown Monster Truck or an enclosed transporter for the Citigo-Go - sadly, Richard didn't bow to peer pressure then  :D 

I can't find a reference but this made me think of the Mercedes 300 SLR transporter.

No it's not a typo.

If the Citigo isn't done I'll crack out a 1.8tsi Yeti with a few extra tweaks for Combe probably.

Have been thinking about it for a month and keep talking myself out of it... if the Citigo wasn't nearly done it would be at the top of my list.

Nearly bought a donor last week... But couldn't find a red one! ;)

Needs to be an SE with no sunroof.
I don't like ballast.

Need the Citigo done to keep me sane and stop my wandering eye... :D

• Like 2