Bilstein B12 Group Buy - Closes 7th Sept 2012

cheezemonkhai

B12 Kits:

1) Cheezemonkhai - Octy II - Confirmed to take part in GB

2) VRSerious - MK II Octy vRS- Confirmed to take part in GB

3) Zednine - 2005 Elegance - Confirmed to take part in GB

4) jrw - Octavia FL CR VRS

5) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut)

B6 Shock Set:

1) wiilydog - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut)

2) Sib-rs - Fabia 2011 vRS

In the interests of the group buy, we'll reduce our labour rate by 20% for those who would like to have these fitted by us.

This makes the fitting of the B12 kit by Skoda book times to be 3.2 hours priced at £184.32 including VAT.

An update from Ben with Regards to the B6 shocks that some people were interested in:

RRP for the B6 set is £553.20 inc VAT, so if you purchase a set of B6 through Ben as part of the Group Buy purchase, then the price will be £425 per set inc VAT delivered

If you're interested in those, please update the above list.

B12 Kits:

5) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) Confirmed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

1) wiilydog - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut)

Might be on for the B6 set as I'm not too happy with the B4's on Eibach's at the moment.

What's the difference between B6's and B8's? Is it just that the B8's must have lowering springs while the B6's will be OK either way?

Will Eibach Pro-kit springs (32mm drop over standard Octavia ride height - not Vrs height) be in sensible range for the B8's?

Are the B8's the same as supplied in the B12 Pro-kit? Or are they B6's?

Sorry for all the questions - Just keen not to make the same mistake as I did with the B4's...

B12 Kits:

B6 Shock Set:

1) wiilydog - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) - Confirmed to take part in GB

B12 Kits:

6) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

I see all people so far for the B12 kits are Octavia II is that just coincidence or are they the only model catered for on this group buy? If not and kits are available for the Mk1 Fabia Vrs I'd definitely be in. Been saving for a few months and just started looking for best prices.

I see all people so far for the B12 kits are Octavia II is that just coincidence or are they the only model catered for on this group buy? If not and kits are available for the Mk1 Fabia Vrs I'd definitely be in. Been saving for a few months and just started looking for best prices.

They are available for the Fabia, so if you're interested add your name to the list :)

Might be on for the B6 set as I'm not too happy with the B4's on Eibach's at the moment.

What's the difference between B6's and B8's? Is it just that the B8's must have lowering springs while the B6's will be OK either way?

Will Eibach Pro-kit springs (32mm drop over standard Octavia ride height - not Vrs height) be in sensible range for the B8's?

Are the B8's the same as supplied in the B12 Pro-kit? Or are they B6's?

Sorry for all the questions - Just keen not to make the same mistake as I did with the B4's...

The b6 and b8 are the same except that the b8 is shortened for non oem heights.

The b12 kit is actually a set of pro-kit springs and a set of b8. IIRC the b6 are fine with pro kits but not any lower.

If you're interested I'm sure shark can confirm this and if yu need the b8 sort out a price for the b8 as opposed to the b6.

I think the b8 and b6 RRP are about the same anyway.

Feel free to add if you want.

Thats great, count me in. Name added.

B12 Kits:

6) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

7) Sam745 - 2004 54 plate Fabia VRS Confimed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

Edited by Sam745

In the interests of the group buy, we'll reduce our labour rate by 20% for those who would like to have these fitted by us.

This makes the fitting of the B12 kit by Skoda book times to be 3.2 hours priced at £184.32 including VAT.

does that include 4 wheel aliment, in other words all fitted and ready to go?

Sorry about this but i am going to have to drop out. The house i was buying has fell through and i have lost quite a bit of money which i need to spend again on the next house we find! :(

I am going down the route of coilovers, therefore I won't be taking part in this group buy.

Thanks, sib-rs.

If you are looking for coilovers, why not give us a call? We can supply the whole range, I'm running B14 coilovers at the moment and I'm really impressed by them.

I'm in but i'm concerned over ride height. I do need the suspension replaced but would not want to drop to far. I have read variously height drop is from 20 - 35mm. While 20mm would I think be perfect, 30mm is perhaps risking problems with grounding on speed humps. I am not in this for the total balls out performance aspects or indeed for posing - I would like to improve on standard ride and handling. I would hope that the damping and springing will still be a huge improvement over tired old cr*p I have?

Having said that I am in regardless and will give it a try. Next up is the braking... another group buy?

The drop on this kit isn't extreme by a long way.

I'm told by people who have it that the springs are a limited drop (the sportline is the heavier drop) but enough the help roll etc.

The dampers are much better. It should be a huge step up on your existing stuff, especially if it needs doing anyway.

By The sounds of it everyone who is in, is in:

B12 Kits:

4) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) Confirmed to take part in GB

5) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

6) Sam745 - 2004 54 plate Fabia VRS Confimed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

Ben, Can I ask you to let us know how you want to run this from your side.

Thanks

Edited by cheezemonkhai

May I suggest that we choose a closing date for putting names on the list, then we have 1 week to pay? No orders will be placed until everyone has paid (as per normal group buy rules).

My suggestion would be finishing the GB this Friday and then payments to be in by the following Friday? Then orders can be placed with Bilstein and those who are having them fitted by us can book in for a convenient time?

How does that sound?

Yes that works for me too, although I'm going to bring the payment date in a touch.

So, the group buy will close to new additions at midnight on Friday 7th September 2012.

Payments are then due directly to Shark performance and must be paid by the close of Wednesday 11th for an order to go off.

By confirming on the list, you are committing to purchase at the prices shown from shark

Anybody who has not paid by the close of the working day may have given up their ability to take part in the group buy and the order may go ahead without them.

For the octavia you will need to confirm if you need 50mm or 55mm front struts. Ben should be able to help details on how to do this.

Ben, please let us know any other details you need providing direct to you and also ways to pay.

Thanks

Edited by cheezemonkhai