Bilstein B12 Group Buy - Closes 7th Sept 2012

cheezemonkhai

Can I just stress - group buys happen all the time and there are rarely problems. But this is important: If you are in, YOU ARE IN!

What we can't have are people dropping out at the last minute etc, unfortunately this could jeapordise the whole GB for everyone.

Ways to pay are as follows:

• Call the office and pay over the telephone with a debit or credit card. Credit cards are subject to a 2% charge, as we are charged for processing these.
  • Direct bank transfer, details available on request
  • PayPal - fees will be payable for this as with credit cards

The easiest way to pay is probably over the telephone, because we need your name, address etc for the invoice in any case.

Hope this suits everyone :thumbup:

• Like 1

Can I just stress - group buys happen all the time and there are rarely problems. But this is important: If you are in, YOU ARE IN!

What we can't have are people dropping out at the last minute etc, unfortunately this could jeapordise the whole GB for everyone.

Ways to pay are as follows:

• Call the office and pay over the telephone with a debit or credit card. Credit cards are subject to a 2% charge, as we are charged for processing these.
  • Direct bank transfer, details available on request
  • PayPal - fees will be payable for this as with credit cards

The easiest way to pay is probably over the telephone, because we need your name, address etc for the invoice in any case.

Hope this suits everyone :thumbup:

Works for me :)

Can you confirm what information do you need regarding the car?

Works for me :)

Can you confirm what information do you need regarding the car?

Vehicle registration number and 50/55mm strut measurements would be nice, but we can try to check this with the online parts system if you don't know. I say try, because it's not always 100% accurate.

Vehicle registration number and 50/55mm strut measurements would be nice, but we can try to check this with the online parts system if you don't know. I say try, because it's not always 100% accurate.

For those not in the know, do you want to give a quick 30 second summary of where this 50/55mm measurement needs to me made.

Ta

For those not in the know, do you want to give a quick 30 second summary of where this 50/55mm measurement needs to me made.

Ta

Yes, it's the front strut diameter, so jacking the car up and running a small tape meaure around the shiny metal part of the strut will suffice

A link with some useful numbers for the strut measurement:

http://www.briskoda....strut-diameter/

The below is possibly useful and from

http://www.mk5golfgt...ge;topic=5554.0

I'd suggest you use this to confirm your measurements rather than the whole trusth, but if your car ties up with this, then you've probably measured the right bit.

There's a very simple rule for all Golf V, VI, A3, Leon, Octavia, Scirocco, Passat 3C,

Touran, TT 8J etc.:

If you have the smaller brake (256/280 mm; on the caliper you can read ''FSIII''),

you have the 50 mm strut. This is used from 75 HP to122 HP.

If you have a 288 mm or 312 mm (FN3 caliper; read ''Ate'' on front side) or the 345 mm

brake (FNRG), then you have 55 mm struts. These are used from 122 on and

a few 1.9 TDI are equipped with DSG and with all from 140 HP on.

There is no other way possible. The FSIII does not fit the 55 mm strut and the FN3-

and FNRG calipers do not fit the 50 mm strut.

Fortunately you can see it without removing a wheel. And with most engines you can

easily it's just clearly though.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

I take it hatch or estate for the octy as well as the springs are different ratings?

I take it hatch or estate for the octy as well as the springs are different ratings?

From what I saw on the bilstein.de site, yes you'll need to spec estate or hatch.

List as it now stands is:

B12 Kits:

1) Cheezemonkhai - Octy II PD140 Hatch - Confirmed to take part in GB

2) VRSerious - MK II Octy vRS- Confirmed to take part in GB

3) Zednine - 2005 Elegance - Confirmed to take part in GB

4) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) Confirmed to take part in GB

5) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

6) Sam745 - 2004 54 plate Fabia VRS Confimed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

1) wiilydog - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) - Confirmed to take part in GB

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Would it be possible to get a price for a B12 kit for a 2012 Fabia 1.6 TDi 105bhp estate please, Ben

I kbow they are quite a bit cheaper than the Octavia B12 kit, and if the price is favourable I might like to join the party :)

Would it be possible to get a price for a B12 kit for a 2012 Fabia 1.6 TDi 105bhp estate please, Ben

I kbow they are quite a bit cheaper than the Octavia B12 kit, and if the price is favourable I might like to join the party :)

I'd drop Ben a pm or call him just so he see's it before friday.

We would know that from your registration number, but if you don't mind stating it when placing the order then that would be helpful.

List as it now stands is:

B12 Kits:

5) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

B6 Shock Set:

B12 Kits:

5) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol   Confirmed to take part in GB

7) Brimma - 2012 Fabia 1.6 TDi 105bhp estate Confirmed to take part in GB (subject to confirmation of price)

B6 Shock Set:

Was going to add my name as this is a cracking price but I need to do more research as I'm also tempted by the B14's.

Maybe the next one.

Suggest if you're considering B12/B14 you give Ben at shark a call.

He's got a car with B14 on and might be able to advise you on that front :)

Sorry peeps, I'm out! got other outgoings demanding my funds now.

The kit is top and the supplier good, so all in thumbs up, just not got the money at the mo.

Cheers for organizing Cheezemonkhai :thumbup:

B12 Kits:

2) Zednine - 2005 Elegance - Confirmed to take part in GB

3) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) Confirmed to take part in GB

4) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol Confirmed to take part in GB

5) Sam745 - 2004 54 plate Fabia VRS Confimed to take part in GB

6) Brimma - 2012 Fabia 1.6 TDi 105bhp estate Confirmed to take part in GB (subject to confirmation of price)

B6 Shock Set:

Can I ask people to update the below list once they've paid.

That way we can keep a track on what's going on at this end.

Please remember Wednesday 12th September is the date that payments are due by.

B12 Kits:

1) Cheezemonkhai - Octy II PD140 Hatch - Paid

2) Zednine - 2005 Elegance - Confirmed to take part in GB

3) Andyvee - Octavia II Estate (55mm strut) - Paid

4) rayvrs - 2008 58 plate Octavia II - Vrs petrol - Paid

5) Sam745 - 2004 54 plate Fabia VRS Confimed to take part in GB

6) Brimma - 2012 Fabia 1.6 TDi 105bhp estate Confirmed to take part in GB (subject to confirmation of price)

B6 Shock Set:

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Arrghhhh! I was all exited about this buy, now the engine is making dreadful "scraping" noise. Started yesterday. Disappears if revved but real bad at tickover! Does seem lumpier but tbh hard to tell. I suspect it may be the DMF (OW!) I spoke with Rob at Shark and explained problem so I will have to go for the next group buy. I cannot afford to do both and the suspension still works. None to sure if the DMF will tomorrow. There is fortunately enough folk to continue in the buy.

Going to get on to Skoda dealer as they did Cambelt and Waterpump (Allegedly) so if its related to that I will be having further discussions.

My regrets.

My thanks to Shark and Briskoda. Keeping fingers crossed its something simple.........

Arrghhhh! I was all exited about this buy, now the engine is making dreadful "scraping" noise. Started yesterday. Disappears if revved but real bad at tickover! Does seem lumpier but tbh hard to tell. I suspect it may be the DMF (OW!) I spoke with Rob at Shark and explained problem so I will have to go for the next group buy. I cannot afford to do both and the suspension still works. None to sure if the DMF will tomorrow. There is fortunately enough folk to continue in the buy.

Going to get on to Skoda dealer as they did Cambelt and Waterpump (Allegedly) so if its related to that I will be having further discussions.

My regrets.

My thanks to Shark and Briskoda. Keeping fingers crossed its something simple.........

OT, but there is an inspection hole on the Octy II, which allows you to check the DMF without taking the gearbox off.

Even if this isn't there, the checks can be done by removing the starter, which is much simpler than removing the gearbox.

HTH