Sunglasses holder

Chubbs

Hi

I have a 110 diesel SE+ and the spec is brilliant, but.........it has the holder for sunglasses in front of the rear view mirror but this is just the plastic part - i.e. no opening door.

It looks as though the plastic part could be popped out and a functional door retrofitted - anyone done it or know if it's possible?

Thanks

Chubbs

Yep, it's described in one of the stickies. You just order the part, pop out the old one and pop in the new one. I did it on my urban on the day it arrived and it's pretty easy.

One thing to bear in mind...

The sunglasses holder is quite small inside so you might want to check whether your glasses actually fit inside.

It might be difficult to find a yeti with one fitted but I think other models share the same part?? (TP?)

Nice one chaps! Will look at getting one ordered - i think the holder looks much the same as for other models and my glasses are a tad smaller than Deirdre Barlow's!

I have to say I find the sunglasses holder pretty superfluis and leave my sunglasses in their case in the door pocket. As stated, it is a little on the small side and I would have difficulty fitting mine in (one for bob!). I have been scratching my head as to what else it could be used for and haven't thought of anything yet. I tend to forget it's there. :think:

• Like 1

I bought one the day I got my new Urban too, takes 5 mins to fit, but as others have said it's pretty useless as none of mine or my wifes sunnies fit in it so they end up in the big storage box on the top of the dash!

I have some aviator shape polarizing clip-ons that are just a shade[1] too big to fit easily. You can get them in and closed okay, but it's fiddly. I have gone back to clipping them onto the little document holder(?) on the sunvisor which is where they lived on the old Octy. SWMBO's wraparounds don't fit in the holder either, so I'm still looking for a use for it!

[1] Pun intended!

Modern wrap-around sunglasses certainly don't fit. It was the same on my previous car - an Outback. Real shame as it's the perfect storage space for such an item.

I'd be happy if some smart chap with access to plastic moulding technology could come up with a larger rounded insert to fit the shape most sunglasses are adopting these days.

They do only fit in the one way round and oversized ladies sunglasses wouldn't fit at all.

One wonders how big a lady has to be to warrant being described as "oversized"

• Like 3

I have to say I find the sunglasses holder pretty superfluous. As stated, it is a little on the small side. I have been scratching my head as to what else it could be used for and haven't thought of anything yet. I tend to forget it's there. :think:

as others have said it's pretty useless as none of mine or my wifes sunnies fit in it so they end up in the big storage box on the top of the dash!

:thumbup: + 3

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a couple of 'biros' in there. If I put my glasses in there I wouldn't be able to see to drive! :doh:

Thats why I keep a spare pair of distance glasses in there - if I loose or damage mine I can still drive home

Regards

Mike

Edited by killy